This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Donald Trump's 73.6 Million Popular Votes Is Over 7 Million More Than Any Sitting President in History and he lost. Congratulations to Biden and those who worked a miracle.

2024 will be interesting. If we survive 2022/23.
prototype liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 1:58 pm
stokesjokes wrote: May 27th, 2022, 9:22 am
sstaedtler wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:42 pm People rightly in my opinion, smelled a rat and knew something was wrong, but the theories early on didn't pass muster.
This is something that is completely backwards to me. People started with the conclusion that Biden cheated and worked backwards to try to fit any kind of evidence they could find into that theory, none of those attempts at "evidence" have passed muster so far, yet people continue to cling to the idea without any evidence for it. At what point do you just say "hey, maybe we were wrong?"

And as far as handing over information to "True the Vote," anyone can see they were going to attempt to draw wild conclusions with it, I wouldn't want to give records to an organization with a clear political agenda who would be reckless with the info. And then the film comes out, and sure enough, they're drawing wild conclusions from it.
People started with this conclusion when Biden not only campaigned from his basement if at all, but when Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Milwaukee, all in swing states, and all stopped counting at the exact same time. This gives the appearance of trying to have Trump counties finish their vote so they know how many votes they need to produce. Regardless of what you think of this, it ruins faith in the election process itself. As do having to wait days or weeks to find out a winner.
The "stopped counting at the exact same time" is a lie. Literally someone just made it up. Or, to give them the extreme benefit of the doubt, someone misunderstood the vote tallies from in-person voting being over as "stopped counting." Again, those made it look like Trump was winning, and everyone knew that the mail-in votes would swing heavily towards Biden, but the law in most states prevented any of the mail-in votes from being counted until election day, so they lagged behind. The only place where they stopped counting was Atlanta where a pipe burst. Everywhere else counted all night, we just didn't get the updates as quickly due to the verification and hand-counting process.

And we knew going in that no one was enthusiastically voting for Biden, they were enthusiastically voting against Trump. Biden was a placeholder, he didn't need to campaign and he didn't need people showing up at his events. No one cared that it was Biden, they just cared that it wasn't Trump. This was covered extensively in the polling, fivethirtyeight had a few articles about it months before the election. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... m-problem/
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:44 pm Donald Trump's 73.6 Million Popular Votes Is Over 7 Million More Than Any Sitting President in History and he lost. Congratulations to Biden and those who worked a miracle.

So I’ll play Devil’s Advocate: how many more voters were eligible to vote in 2020 vs. any previous election year? How many more people voted in 2020 vs. any previous year?

2016: Trump energized new voters
2020: the Dems used Trump Fear to energize even more new voters.

This isn’t rocket science: It’s the pendulum swinging. Yet. Again.

I liked Trump policies. But when the Dems realized quickly they couldn’t win on policy. They demonized the man. And he played - and continues to play - into their hands. But his narcissism won’t let him stop. And so many of you continue to feed it following this. Better to focus on 2024. And pray Trump goes away before then.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:52 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:44 pm Donald Trump's 73.6 Million Popular Votes Is Over 7 Million More Than Any Sitting President in History and he lost. Congratulations to Biden and those who worked a miracle.

So I’ll play Devil’s Advocate: how many more voters were eligible to vote in 2020 vs. any previous election year? How many more people voted in 2020 vs. any previous year?

I liked Trump policies. But when the Dems realized quickly they couldn’t win on policy. They demonized the man. And he played - and continues to play - into their hands. But his narcissism won’t let him stop. And so many of you continue to feed it following this. Better to focus on 2024. And pray Trump goes away before then.
Democrats and Rino scamsters, lead by Clinton started a coup before he was sworn in. Cost the country dearly.

Thankful for how Trump changed the republican party ... pulling for DeSantis/ Scott in 2024. Would like to see a couple of Trumps children in cabinet positions.
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
stokesjokes wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:48 pm
sstaedtler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 1:58 pm
stokesjokes wrote: May 27th, 2022, 9:22 am

This is something that is completely backwards to me. People started with the conclusion that Biden cheated and worked backwards to try to fit any kind of evidence they could find into that theory, none of those attempts at "evidence" have passed muster so far, yet people continue to cling to the idea without any evidence for it. At what point do you just say "hey, maybe we were wrong?"

And as far as handing over information to "True the Vote," anyone can see they were going to attempt to draw wild conclusions with it, I wouldn't want to give records to an organization with a clear political agenda who would be reckless with the info. And then the film comes out, and sure enough, they're drawing wild conclusions from it.
People started with this conclusion when Biden not only campaigned from his basement if at all, but when Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Milwaukee, all in swing states, and all stopped counting at the exact same time. This gives the appearance of trying to have Trump counties finish their vote so they know how many votes they need to produce. Regardless of what you think of this, it ruins faith in the election process itself. As do having to wait days or weeks to find out a winner.
The "stopped counting at the exact same time" is a lie. Literally someone just made it up. Or, to give them the extreme benefit of the doubt, someone misunderstood the vote tallies from in-person voting being over as "stopped counting." Again, those made it look like Trump was winning, and everyone knew that the mail-in votes would swing heavily towards Biden, but the law in most states prevented any of the mail-in votes from being counted until election day, so they lagged behind. The only place where they stopped counting was Atlanta where a pipe burst. Everywhere else counted all night, we just didn't get the updates as quickly due to the verification and hand-counting process.

And we knew going in that no one was enthusiastically voting for Biden, they were enthusiastically voting against Trump. Biden was a placeholder, he didn't need to campaign and he didn't need people showing up at his events. No one cared that it was Biden, they just cared that it wasn't Trump. This was covered extensively in the polling, fivethirtyeight had a few articles about it months before the election. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... m-problem/
They did stop counting at the same time, or at least they stopped updating vote counts at the same on news websites. They were all around 48 or 49% and then the results from the big cities just stopped coming in. You can say they never stopped counting, but you can't explain why the vote counts on TV for Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Atlanta, all stopped at the exact same time. It reeks of coordination and undermines faith in elections. We all saw it in real time with our own eyes.
TH Spangler liked this
By sstaedtler

I agree with you that I do not want Trump to run in 2024. Would much rather have DeSantis or someone else. Trump did cause a lot of his own problems. However, I think you can believe that on the one hand and still think the election was fraudulent.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 7:53 pm

I agree with you that I do not want Trump to run in 2024. Would much rather have DeSantis or someone else. Trump did cause a lot of his own problems. However, I think you can believe that on the one hand and still think the election was fraudulent.
DeSantis and Trump are on the same page. DeSantis is more focused and a better communicator. Tim Scott is solid. Trump children would work well in a new cabinet. Those over 70'ish need to retire. Those in Washington mainly to enrich their families and friends need to be voted out of Washington.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:25 am All politicians enrich their families.
Goes even deeper. Unelected bureaucrats have learned how to do it. We always lose. Usally some foreign gov or business wins.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
We really going to believe an election fraud movie from a guy previously convicted for violating election law and whose previous movies have been riddled with confirmed lies?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2022, 3:24 pm

Democrats and Rino scamsters, lead by Clinton started a coup before he was sworn in. Cost the country dearly.

Thankful for how Trump changed the republican party ... pulling for DeSantis/ Scott in 2024. Would like to see a couple of Trumps children in cabinet positions.
After watching the Jan 6 show I might have to reconsider. Pull for Trump to run again. The Washington established really fears an outsider. The drama continues :roll:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 10th, 2022, 5:36 pm
After watching the Jan 6 show I might have to reconsider. Pull for Trump to run again. The Washington established really fears an outsider. The drama continues :roll:
“I’d rather vote for the guy who said his Vice President deserved to be hanged than the people making a big deal about it.”
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jan 6 was a confirmation that the election (which was against Trump, not for Biden) was the right move by the American people. President Trump’s behavior confirmed he isn’t fit to lead. As people rioted the Capitol, he stood by and did nothing. As people chanted. “Hang Mike Pence!”, he said, “Maybe they have the right idea.”

It was undignified. It was beneath the esteem of the office he held. And it was confirmation he wasn’t fit to hold it any longer.

Which is sad, because he had an opportunity to be great. His ego got in his way, and that’s saying something for Washington.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Trumps election was a result of desperation by the heartland to take Washington back. He succeeded in pulling the curtain back for many more to see what's going on.

He's certainly not the first POTUS with a temper.

My guess is Trump takes the swamps incoming until after the mid terms. Then in 2023 he indorses DeSantis / Scott.
sstaedtler liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
This is where I get frustrated- people dismissing pathologically dangerous character traits as “mean tweets” or “a temper.”

If you’ve ever been close to a malignant narcissist you would see it- the lengths they will go to protect their self-concept and the seething rage when someone pushes back against it. It doesn’t end anywhere other than destruction and chaos and it’s pitiful that so many justified minimizing it and supporting him because they thought he could be useful towards an end.

Thank God for Mike Pence, someone who had character when it mattered, even when it had great potential personal cost to him. It’s scary to think where we might have ended up without him.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The Jan 6, made for TV hearing is a waist of time. Nancy wouldn't allow a real bipartisan committee. Lost credibility.

We've suffered, the now proven, fake Russia hoax. The Ukraine phone call Impeachment. The Kavanaugh circus. We survived a summer of burning and destruction. I'm looking forward to some real hearing after November.
sstaedtler liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What? Mitch McConnell killed the actual independent bipartisan commission after it overwhelmingly passed the house. Then they used a "congressional select committee" as a workaround, McCarthy submitted 5 R names for the committee, Nancy said "no" on the two names that were going to be implicated by the commission (so shouldn't serve on it), so McCarthy withdrew all 5 of the names. There were plenty of Rs that would have been acceptable for the committee, but McCarthy refused to nominate them. Even so, we ended up with two Rs who have impeccable GOP bona fides, other than not having unwavering loyalty to Trump, on the committee. Heck, they both voted for Trump in both elections.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: June 11th, 2022, 2:33 pm What? Mitch McConnell killed the actual independent bipartisan commission after it overwhelmingly passed the house. Then they used a "congressional select committee" as a workaround, McCarthy submitted 5 R names for the committee, Nancy said "no" on the two names that were going to be implicated by the commission (so shouldn't serve on it), so McCarthy withdrew all 5 of the names. There were plenty of Rs that would have been acceptable for the committee, but McCarthy refused to nominate them. Even so, we ended up with two Rs who have impeccable GOP bona fides, other than not having unwavering loyalty to Trump, on the committee. Heck, they both voted for Trump in both elections.
That's your best one so far 😆

A cry baby and Liz Halliburton. :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Washington establishment sees Trump, Bannon and Navarro as a threat to their organization. China doesn't care for them either. It's interesting to watch.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 11th, 2022, 3:41 pm
stokesjokes wrote: June 11th, 2022, 2:33 pm What? Mitch McConnell killed the actual independent bipartisan commission after it overwhelmingly passed the house. Then they used a "congressional select committee" as a workaround, McCarthy submitted 5 R names for the committee, Nancy said "no" on the two names that were going to be implicated by the commission (so shouldn't serve on it), so McCarthy withdrew all 5 of the names. There were plenty of Rs that would have been acceptable for the committee, but McCarthy refused to nominate them. Even so, we ended up with two Rs who have impeccable GOP bona fides, other than not having unwavering loyalty to Trump, on the committee. Heck, they both voted for Trump in both elections.
That's your best one so far 😆

A cry baby and Liz Halliburton. :lol:
Pop quiz: without googling, give me one vote or policy position where they’ve gone against the party outside of holding Trump accountable.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]