This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643179
paradox wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 1:26 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 9:27 am Irresponsible energy policy will get Ron DeSantis elected and flip congress. Trump will remain a policy force for near see able future.

Politics is frustrating for Christians....
Congress looks like a forgone conclusion. Difficult to predict 2024 at this stage. Should be interesting, though.

Politics doesn't have to be frustrating for Christians. I find that most people are somewhere in the middle, only leaning left or right. Oftentimes, many among the most pragmatic don't vote.
I vote pro life, religious freedom and peace. Bible prophecy seems to be working against me .... until the rapture :wink:
User avatar
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
#643181
paradox wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm Again, is it safe to assume that you're either drawing conclusions via opinionated sources or watching CSPN all day? Also, both parities need him out, but don't want blood on their hands.
I moved and have not signed up for any service yet. Listened to hearings on Tune-In. Just listening to Trump appointees/aides direct testimony. Those whom you would expect to have his back as much as possible. Even Jason Miller had to be truthful under oath.

I agree with your second sentence. I would also add the country.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#643182
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 1:30 pm
paradox wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm Also, both parities need him out.
Which is a good reason to bring him back :lol:
There's a pragmatic side to Trump that's appealing. But when he descends to his darker side, he dwarfs into a demagogue, & looks like the older Dems. Thin-skinned, egocentric & vindictive.
Just John liked this
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643185
paradox wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 3:20 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 1:30 pm
paradox wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm Also, both parities need him out.
Which is a good reason to bring him back :lol:
There's a pragmatic side to Trump that's appealing. But when he descends to his darker side, he dwarfs into a demagogue, & looks like the older Dems. Thin-skinned, egocentric & vindictive.
Forever thankful to the wrecking ball. Washington, MSM, big tech needed one. Now it's time for Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott to tactfully rebuild. 👍
By rtb72
Posts
#643192
Just John wrote: June 21st, 2022, 8:44 pm
rtb72 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 7:45 pm
Just John wrote: June 21st, 2022, 3:27 pm [
*]McConnel stopped a third party. the House had agreed.

Depends on who 3rd party was. If House agreed...I'm suspect...sorry.

*I think we had adequately explained that "hearsay" is really corroborated testimony by first-person witnesses. (You still may not agree).

I don't.

*Hillary gave testimony to the Benghazi investigation for 13 straight hours. It was televised. Would be the same for Trump

And who believed her other than the same people that was going to believe what they believed anyway

*Orchestrated for attack? does that mean an organized investigation?

Not organized when you leave out mitigating factors. That's called biased juris-prudence.

*You say Trump will not be indicted "if this is all they have". I think the problem is it doesn't seem like you, and especially others. really care if there is more. It's "let's move on", "No one cares". Hard to have it both ways, unless the goal is to avoid an investigation, which of course it is for many.
I don't care if Trump is investigated. If he committed a crime...fine. What I do care about is if he...or any American is investigated in the way presently being utilized. There is no due diligence to this circus. In a true criminal proceeding (which this is not), the defendant has say so in their jury pool. Assuming the House committee is acting as such, there was no such thing afforded Trump. Further lending to my assertion he will not be convicted of anything. The more I think about it....I'm curious if the Dems really want a true criminal trial. At that point, Trump would be entitled to everything from the left as well. FULL DISCOVERY! That might actually be interesting. Another little pesky matter in a criminal case is that loathsome "beyond a reasonable doubt" thing. Yeah....that is not going to happen.
A conviction is certainly no slam dunk. And you make fair points regarding these hearing being much different from a trial. Don't disagree at all. And I can understand a hesitancy of an administration not wanting to go after a previous administration of another party. That's never been done in the US. But sadly, Trump has put the country in a tough position.

I agreed with much of Trump's policies, to the degree he had many. And I definitely thought he was better than HRC. But I said at the time in 2016 one of my major concerns was his authoritative tendencies and would not vote for him. (Or HRC). I wish I had been wrong.
This is fair. I think we can all agree...well maybe not all, but most reasonable folks can agree; words and demeanor matter, and here we are. Trump didn't draw the ire and wrath from so many because of his policies, he drew it because of his personality. It wasn't Presidential. Of course, there's a lot of elected officials who have defiled the people's offices because of their behavior, Trump notwithstanding. At this point, I think my biggest concern is Trump will continue to pursue political office and hurt some quality candidates that might otherwise have been favored. The left however, needs to recognize that their continued obsession with all things Trump is not going to help them. The country is tired....very tired....of not only Trump, but of the obsession with him as well. For both the right and the left....I would suggest "Trump" is probably not a winning strategy nationally. J6, 2000 mules, whatever....it's only playing to the people already firmly fixed in a position, and will be organized based on the target of its appeal.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#643194
Nothing would surprise me with Trump. Not gonna count him out. He could go third-party and win. He's got a sizable base. If we're in a financial crisis in '24, could be a contender.

Not so sure how he'll do if he's in a GOP primary. Won't be the cakewalk of '16. Pence is a very underrated debater. Plus he has the upper hand. Nikki H probably has his number as well.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643200
Trump didn't draw the ire and wrath from so many because of his policies, he drew it because of his personality. It wasn't Presidential.
Necessary to stand up to the swamp. Media and press core were the clown show, not him. He was an amazingly strong fighter. Also redefined both parties. Pulled the curtain back.
User avatar
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
#643206
TH Spangler wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 12:55 pm
Trump didn't draw the ire and wrath from so many because of his policies, he drew it because of his personality. It wasn't Presidential.
Necessary to stand up to the swamp. Media and press core were the clown show, not him. He was an amazingly strong fighter. Also redefined both parties. Pulled the curtain back.
I remember this guy who led something called the "Reagan Revolution". He did a pretty good job of turning things around without acting like a horse's asss and not blowing up institutions. He greatly expanded the GOP. And there was no question about whether his re-election was rigged or not, winning 59% of the vote and 49 states. ;)

And no, the media and the Democrats didn't like him either. He wasn't a wimp by any means but he disarmed them a great deal by a short quip, a big smile, and not fighting with them every day.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643210
He did a pretty good job of turning things around without acting like a horse's asss and not blowing up institutions.
A different time. Institutions hadn't been Icorrupted by the Clinton's yet. :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#643214
All institutions are corrupt. And there's no getting around it.... Also, Obama would be the outright break from Reagan. Ever since then, we've been in this age of demagoguery & social ideology.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643216
paradox wrote: June 24th, 2022, 8:50 am All institutions are corrupt. And there's no getting around it.... Also, Obama would be the outright break from Reagan. Ever since then, we've been in this age of demagoguery & social ideology.
Clinton Global Initiative money lobbing corrupted/politicized all the institutions. I hope we recover. Electing the Biden family didn't help. If something dosen't change I suggest we all learn
to speak Chinese.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#643217
The original objective was to give Marxists a taste of free markets. It was mostly a GOP initiative. Show them a better way. Lessen the threat of aggression due to failure/need/poverty.

BTW, Clinton was anti-LBJ and a Reagan-Democrat and drew inspiration from JFK. Obama is a clear departure from that and a pure ideologue.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643219
paradox wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:48 am The original objective was to give Marxists a taste of free markets. It was mostly a GOP initiative. Show them a better way. Lessen the threat of aggression due to failure/need/poverty.

BTW, Clinton was anti-LBJ and a Reagan-Democrat and drew inspiration from JFK. Obama is a clear departure from that and a pure ideologue.
Clinton was about personal power and making money, HRC. Bill was about sex.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#643225
The original objective was to give Marxists a taste of free markets. It was mostly a GOP initiative. Show them a better way. Lessen the threat of aggression due to failure/need/poverty.
What ended up happening is corporate globalist got access to cheap communist labor, sometimes children sometimes forced labor. Globalist made large profits. Politicians were gifted to green light it. Today we manufacture little.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#643228
Most would agree that it turned sour. Both parties along w/big business created big problems. My original point is that it didn't start out as some kind of sinister scheme or dispensation.
By rtb72
Posts
#643233
TH Spangler wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 12:55 pm
Trump didn't draw the ire and wrath from so many because of his policies, he drew it because of his personality. It wasn't Presidential.
Necessary to stand up to the swamp. Media and press core were the clown show, not him. He was an amazingly strong fighter. Also redefined both parties. Pulled the curtain back.
One can be firm, tenacious, and immovable when standing up to something...without being a complete jack***!
thepostman, Just John liked this
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
Game #5 Preview: @ ODU

I don't think it's a coincidence that this storm i[…]

Akron Prediction

Good crowd at both softball games. That ki[…]

The Purge

I like that A LOT! "Steel Curtain", &quo[…]