This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
You guys point to need for Christ's return. And remember God's truth and justice trumps anything the Supreme courts says anyway.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: May 4th, 2022, 3:16 pm So the exercise of free religion, as in this country, and those you stated above is a good thing. Great, we agree. What are we doing here?
When was the last time you attended a state run church here in America or even seen one? You do know about the foundation of our nation and constitution correct? Christians, for the most part, all agreed that that state run religion was kind of bad for the whole so they decided to swim across the pond and start from scratch. This nation is in disarray from straying from those principles of individual rights and exercise thereof but we have been the freest, most forward progressing nation in the history of the world. As someone stated above, it is the erosion and removal of God from the public square that has led to where we are now. So the more you point out the rise of violent crime and poverty, the more you make the case for Christian morality, which is on the decline.
Everyone is religious, we all follow a worldview in some form. The most religious group in this country are claimed atheists.
If God being eroded from the public explains why we are the way we are, then why haven't other far less religious countries descended into complete anarchy yet?

To use the three countries that I mentioned, France has a homicide rate of 1.2, Japan 0.26, and Australia 0.89. United States is 4.96. Americans are murdered at a rate 4.13x more than France, 5.57x more than Australia, and 19.08x more than Japan..
By jmclaughlin
Ok, what's your proposal? Religion is bad. Got it. What should be our worldview and based on what?
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: May 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm Ok, what's your proposal? Religion is bad. Got it. What should be our worldview and based on what?
If the only thing keeping you from being a murderous rapist is religion, you should be ashamed of yourself and shouldn’t be allowed out in public in a civil society.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Told y’all, they coming for it. Keep your head in the sand about it all you want but they are coming for it. Call it a lunatic fringe all you want but it's happening.

Already have one Nevada on the record saying he’d vote to legalize slavery too. They won’t stop until straight white Christian men are the only ones with basic human rights.
Last edited by lynchburgwildcats on May 5th, 2022, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 5th, 2022, 6:56 am See? A purely speculative Twitter thread proves me right!
That's fine, keep your head in the sand. Your God will make sure you are banished to hell for willingly allowing everyone but straight white Christian men to become second class citizens.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There's no legitimate scientific basis for the pro-abortion position. Once life is conceived, you preserve it. It's the humane thing to do. All of the rationalizations from the pro-abortion side are deduced from false premises. Abstractions at best. People are capable of comprehending this without religion. Same with slavery. Nonetheless, abolitionists were mostly Christians. Same with pro-life movement. We hold these positions, not as a display of foolishness or pride, but only because God gives us the courage to do so.
By jmclaughlin
lynchburgwildcats wrote: May 5th, 2022, 6:50 am
jmclaughlin wrote: May 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm Ok, what's your proposal? Religion is bad. Got it. What should be our worldview and based on what?
If the only thing keeping you from being a murderous rapist is religion, you should be ashamed of yourself and shouldn’t be allowed out in public in a civil society.
This comment is intellectually vapid. If being non-religious gives you the right to murder...you should be celebrated? Am I doing the inverse logic correctly?

Dude, you are a dolt!

To help this conversation, maybe you can assist all of us religious bigots by making your case without innuendos and double speak. Here is a simple task: Explain the "medical procedure" of abortion using only medical terms and then give a moral argument for it. If you cant, YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CONVERSATION.
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Again. He’s a Troll. So I’m not sure he’s the Dolt at this point.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:31 am There's no legitimate scientific basis for the pro-abortion position. Once life is conceived, you preserve it. It's the humane thing to do. All of the rationalizations from the pro-abortion side are deduced from false premises. Abstractions at best. People are capable of comprehending this without religion. Same with slavery. Nonetheless, abolitionists were mostly Christians. Same with pro-life movement. We hold these positions, not as a display of foolishness or pride, but only because God gives us the courage to do so.
I’m not sure the Life of the Mother doesn’t fall into that category. That is the only exception I can morally make an exception for. And then that is a decision that is absolutely up to the mother and father (if he is in the picture)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: May 5th, 2022, 11:24 am
Purple Haize wrote: May 5th, 2022, 11:03 am Again. He’s a Troll. So I’m not sure he’s the Dolt at this point.
Touché
Watch your language! What do you think this is? A Limp Bizkit concert? :lol: :lol:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 5th, 2022, 11:05 am
paradox wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:31 am There's no legitimate scientific basis for the pro-abortion position. Once life is conceived, you preserve it. It's the humane thing to do. All of the rationalizations from the pro-abortion side are deduced from false premises. Abstractions at best. People are capable of comprehending this without religion. Same with slavery. Nonetheless, abolitionists were mostly Christians. Same with pro-life movement. We hold these positions, not as a display of foolishness or pride, but only because God gives us the courage to do so.
I’m not sure the Life of the Mother doesn’t fall into that category. That is the only exception I can morally make an exception for. And then that is a decision that is absolutely up to the mother and father (if he is in the picture)
True. And it's not a part the pro-abortion position. But, it is a legitimate variant of the anti-abortion position. The finer point is that the anti-abortion position is both sustainable & warranted.
Purple Haize liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: May 5th, 2022, 12:42 pm
True. And it's not a part the pro-abortion position. But, it is a legitimate variant of the anti-abortion position. The finer point is that the anti-abortion position is both sustainable & warranted.
The only religious assertion in the pro-life position is that life has inherent value. In most of my interaction with pro-choice people, I have found that they agree with that assertion, because if you don't, you're on a short walk back to eugenics. What they do, rather, is try to deny that the fetus is a distinct human life, which is an inarguable biological reality.

To break that down further, a pro-choice atheist would rather keep the religious presupposition of inherent value and jettison scientific fact to support their commitments. Seems backwards, don't it?
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Now Texas is taking the momentum of this draconian decision to jump on the opportunity to outlaw educating people!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 5th, 2022, 1:50 pm
paradox wrote: May 5th, 2022, 12:42 pm

The only religious assertion in the pro-life position is that life has inherent value. In most of my interaction with pro-choice people, I have found that they agree with that assertion, because if you don't, you're on a short walk back to eugenics. What they do, rather, is try to deny that the fetus is a distinct human life, which is an inarguable biological reality.

To break that down further, a pro-choice atheist would rather keep the religious presupposition of inherent value and jettison scientific fact to support their commitments. Seems backwards, don't it?
They need to borrow from established traditions, which they claim to reject, in order to make a moral statement one way or the other. In other words, there's a disconnect & lack of coherence.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Someone is paying a stipend to individuals to go to private homes of Supreme Court justices and harass them. The Biden administration is publicly supporting it. They will have their way one way or another.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
this person is still around? thats pretty hilarious.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If babies equaled livestock to the extreme left, they’d have more protection than they do now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 7th, 2022, 6:40 pm If babies equaled livestock to the extreme left, they’d have more protection than they do now.
The Left have re- termed ‘Child’ to ‘Choice’ and Woman to ‘Birthing Person’. You’d think they’d be thrilled with another way they could try to dehumanize a child
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 9:04 pm A few thoughts. We took prayer out of schools in the 60's and legalized abortion in the 70's. Crime, drug and alcohol abuse, disintegration of nuclear family, and gender confusion ensued. In the early 90's, Bill Clinton had Mother Teresa at the annual prayer breakfast at the WH. She scolded "America" that our country has crime, kids killing kids, and substance abuse gone amuck and stated emphatically how it correlates directly to abortion. When a country does not value life, then it communicates that life has no value, and life can easily be taken through homicide, suicide, substance abuse, overdoses, and abortion. I'm sure she quoted Luke 1:41 to Bill Clinton (a biblical/biological response to life). " When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit." Even Ruth Ginsburg talked about flawed legal reasoning in this 5-4 decision made by 5 white men :) It's time to let the people decide, not the mob, if they want abortion to be legal in their respective states.

Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood as a means to begin to limit the "inferior race" to not populate society. Where was the very first PP? if you guessed Harlem you'd be right. That's all.
Information about Sanger.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Planned-Parenthood.html
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]