This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach and a few others here, can we trade our old S&H Green Stamps for Bitcoins?

:lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 13th, 2021, 2:31 pm Only if the stamp books are intact and not lost their original color.
Block chain is interesting 🤔 BUT I'm holding out for a S&H Green Coin. Maybe they'll accept our old faded stamps. Collecting S&H brings back good memories :lol:

How many cryptocurrencies are there? In short, there are over 6,000 as of 2021 - a severe increase from just a handful of digital coins in 2013.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I wish HMO was to hear to weigh in on cryptocurrency. He's was all over this way before anyone else I know.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 13th, 2021, 4:22 pm I wish HMO was to hear to weigh in on cryptocurrency. He's was all over this way before anyone else I know.
He's probably busy buying real estate in the Metaverse, with his Bitcoins by now. I hear there's bargains right now, as low as 13k for a small lot. I guess a web domain could be considered real estate. 13k is probably in a bad neighborhood and on page 10 when you search. Tech guys will find a way. A Sea of Red better start shopping the Metaverse before prices go up 1000 percent :lol:

https://cryptonews.com/exclusives/how-b ... -guide.htm
Sly Fox liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Primary it seems Metaverse is nothing more than online 3D virtual shopping with some free stuff to suck you in. You'll be able to virtually walk around your fav store and purchase things. Sounds good.

Blockchain is where I see red flags. Looks good at first glance, but control of it in the wrong hands would be a nightmare. Look up blockchain. It could easly be linked to a social credit score system.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I can see how blockchain could be used along with a social credit system to control everyone. Just like a horseback rider uses a "bit" in a horses mouth to steer him. Then I realized someone properly named the most recognized blockchain coin. BIT-COIN 😄
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 18th, 2022, 7:58 am I can see how blockchain could be used along with a social credit system to control everyone. Just like a horseback rider uses a "bit" in a horses mouth to steer him. Then I realized someone properly named the most recognized blockchain coin. BIT-COIN 😄
You don’t understand BItcoin at all. No one controls it. Bitcoin is freedom.

A proposed central bank digital currency, social credit score, electronic surveillance and central authority on the other hand can be used to control the masses. It’s not a theory. It has been planned, publicly proclaimed and documented and is currently being implemented. The clock is running out to stop it but the resistance is strong. The central planners never expected to see the worldwide resistance that is taking place.
TH Spangler, tyndal23 liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:I can see how blockchain could be used along with a social credit system to control everyone. Just like a horseback rider uses a "bit" in a horses mouth to steer him. Then I realized someone properly named the most recognized blockchain coin. BIT-COIN 😄
Um…you probably should spend more time learning about crypto than posting about crypto.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: March 18th, 2022, 5:54 pm
TH Spangler wrote:I can see how blockchain could be used along with a social credit system to control everyone. Just like a horseback rider uses a "bit" in a horses mouth to steer him. Then I realized someone properly named the most recognized blockchain coin. BIT-COIN 😄
Um…you probably should spend more time learning about crypto than posting about crypto.
You should read more about how blockchain can be linked to what ever they want.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Who’s “they”?

Also, I know quite a bit about blockchain and, yes, it can be tied to a lot of things.

But let’s be honest, the data already exists to tie you to nearly all of your behaviors, even without blockchain. If you were that concerned about it, you wouldn’t be posting online. Do you think your FoxNews+ or whatever they call it isn’t attaching trackable behavior to your profile?
By tyndal23
Yacht Rock wrote: March 18th, 2022, 8:06 pm Who’s “they”?

Also, I know quite a bit about blockchain and, yes, it can be tied to a lot of things.

But let’s be honest, the data already exists to tie you to nearly all of your behaviors, even without blockchain. If you were that concerned about it, you wouldn’t be posting online. Do you think your FoxNews+ or whatever they call it isn’t attaching trackable behavior to your profile?
True, the government has already sent a mental health worker for my ASOR posts on P5 Equivalent football. They wanted to make sure I knew that technically, there was no such term in the government sanctioned NCAA bylaws. Fortunately, after 18 hours of borderline “in home hostage” ( their term not mine ) I let them leave once they agreed on all points of the Tyndal23 Plan along with assurances to push the insertion of the term “P5 Equivalent” in the next NCAA Rule Committee meeting. Initially, I was offended by the govt. intrusion, but after stating that PH & JK were good friends of mine, they really opened up and focused intently on what I had to say. Lemons in to Lemonade one squeeze at a time...
JK37, Sly Fox, TH Spangler liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
So let me get this straight, you're scared of a new technology because, among many things, it can be used (along with many other modern and not so modern identifiers) to track your behavior?

OK.

Do you apply this outlook on all technologies? I.E., are you scared of guns too? I'm just curious, because you seem really scared of blockchain.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: March 20th, 2022, 2:23 pm So let me get this straight, you're scared of a new technology because, among many things, it can be used (along with many other modern and not so modern identifiers) to track your behavior?

OK.

Do you apply this outlook on all technologies? I.E., are you scared of guns too? I'm just curious, because you seem really scared of blockchain.
I agree with the concerns in the article I linked.

And as a born again Christian trusting God I fear very little.

BUT my larger concern is for unsaved friends.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Bitcoin was designed to create an alternative system, incorruptible by the powers that be and authoritarian governments. However, those same world governments are now pushing for blockchain solutions that they control. They are not investing in blockchain to free us from their shackles, but to tighten their grip.
If one reads the link that was posted, it is clear that Bitcoin is not the concern. Centrally controlled blockchain is not much different than the interconnected databases of information that follow your every move today. The grip that governments and big tech have today is already tight.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
Bitcoin was designed to create an alternative system, incorruptible by the powers that be and authoritarian governments. However, those same world governments are now pushing for blockchain solutions that they control. They are not investing in blockchain to free us from their shackles, but to tighten their grip.
If one reads the link that was posted, it is clear that Bitcoin is not the concern. Centrally controlled blockchain is not much different than the interconnected databases of information that follow your every move today. The grip that governments and big tech have today is already tight.
That was my point. Blockchain isn’t the villain here. This is already done absent the existence of blockchain. Sure, it’s a tool “they” can use, but those systems are already relatively robust. It just reflects a lack of understanding of technology and how we interact with it.
SumItUp liked this
By tyndal23
Yacht Rock wrote: March 20th, 2022, 9:58 pm
SumItUp wrote:
That was my point. Blockchain isn’t the villain here. This is already done absent the existence of blockchain. Sure, it’s a tool “they” can use, but those systems are already relatively robust. It just reflects a lack of understanding of technology and how we interact with it.
Blockchain = electronic = a switch that can be turned off by a government ( so does normal banking ) people are rooting for yachts being “taken” on the high seas and accounts electronically frozen for being a private citizen of another country and deemed “bad” at the whim of one man ( Biden ) and actively cheering it on. RICO gone bad, beefed up by 100 with Patriot Act ( Republicans and Dems both rooting for it ) and big tech followed with IPhone and Social Media. We asked for it and we will all get it. Enjoy the “ convenience”. I know I do, but I have no illusions about where it all leads to. Respect my aunts and uncles who still won’t do an ATM ( but somehow don’t realize bank can freeze their cash regardless ). Beef up on some bullion and tradeable goods just in case the “convenience” comes to a screeching halt...and I loathe to say it, but Alex Jones is looking more right by the day - ugh.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Serious question: given how many times the whole “end times biblical prophecy” movement has gotten things wrong, what makes you think they’re right this time?
By willflop
A lot. But Jesus got it right when he said this (his) generation wouldn't pass away before all these things take place :D
SumItUp liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote: March 21st, 2022, 10:15 am A lot. But Jesus got it right when he said this (his) generation wouldn't pass away before all these things take place :D
That seems to be very different from the "Left Behind" theology that has been heavily promoted for the last 40+ years.

Who's your source? 8)
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The whole "if you don't like bitcoin then you obviously don't understand bitcoin"/"cryptocurrency is the answer to all our financial woes" mindset is a bit much.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 21st, 2022, 9:07 am Serious question: given how many times the whole “end times biblical prophecy” movement has gotten things wrong, what makes you think they’re right this time?
Only God knows when it happens. I keep an eye on the "birth pains" and how quickly they come.

https://www.gotquestions.org/left-behind-rapture.html

I'm not sure where blockchain goes. Seems like it would be an awesome tool for the antichrist. But I'm sure he wouldn't need it to fulfill his roll in prophecy. So it's probably just another tool for government to rule.
stokesjokes liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]