This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show that I accomplished my primary buying by the 11th of December! Then again, I am primarily tasked with gifts for Mrs. Sly from yours truly and taking the kids shopping for her. Thankfully 2021 was a much better year financially for us than 2020.

I have three teenagers so clothes & tech are big draws. Thankfully two of my three kids have jobs that allow them to purchase their own technology. And my girls are great about producing PowerPoints displaying their clothes wish lists. As a result, suprises on Christmas morning are rare.

For my wife, it is tech for where she is in her latest life stage. My kids get her jewelry that follows on themes she has established.

What are some of the things that you are focusing on getting for folks in your lives this year?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 11th, 2021, 1:48 pm Let the record show that I accomplished my primary buying by the 11th of December! Then again, I am primarily tasked with gifts for Mrs. Sly from yours truly and taking the kids shopping for her. Thankfully 2021 was a much better year financially for us than 2020.

I have three teenagers so clothes & tech are big draws. Thankfully two of my three kids have jobs that allow them to purchase their own technology. And my girls are great about producing PowerPoints displaying their clothes wish lists. As a result, suprises on Christmas morning are rare.

For my wife, it is tech for where she is in her latest life stage. My kids get her jewelry that follows on themes she has established.

What are some of the things that you are focusing on getting for folks in your lives this year?
Santa was great to us via our company giving everyone a “salary adjustment”. I upgraded our much delayed European cruise from a Balcony to a Suite
Sly Fox liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Mrs. Cider wanted a new roof, vinyl siding, new windows, and gutters. :shock: Some before Christmas, some in 2022.
Purple Haize, Sly Fox, stokesjokes and 1 others liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like Mrs. Cider wants a new house :lol:

We’re putting some of the LU bonus money towards home improvements. Just got a full house wash from All Washed Up, and we have our eyes on carpet, paint, and countertops throughout the house.

A nice house wash makes a world of difference, I highly recommend it.
flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
To answer the original thread:

Being over a decade into marriage, we are starting to revisit some the wedding-registry gifts. Our dinnerware is worn and chipped, same thing with pots and pans. Some solid replacements there are on my wife’s wishlist this year.
Sly Fox liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 11th, 2021, 1:48 pm Let the record show that I accomplished my primary buying by the 11th of December! Then again, I am primarily tasked with gifts for Mrs. Sly from yours truly and taking the kids shopping for her. Thankfully 2021 was a much better year financially for us than 2020.

I hate this. I have a family member who asks for a list in October. I always refuse. I appreciate a gift most for the thought that goes into it. Zero thought goes into you shopping for me from a list I provided! I would honestly rather be underwhelmed by a gift given with some effort, than to know exactly what’s in the box before I unwrap it.

Business was very good to me this year as well, and end of year came through early, so I’ve been able to splurge on wife and kids. I’m about done. Kids are 7, 5 and 2 - fun ages!! Wife is jewelry. clothes, shoes. I still like shopping Black Friday and cyber Monday. Nordstrom and Agara and adidas had great sales. Kids are old enough for TBall and golf gear, and older son is into Red Bull Racing, hot wheels, etc. daughter likes dresses and dolls, and she always gets a “daddy gift” of jewelry. We always go to the dollar store and go a little nuts for their stockings, too.
Sly Fox liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]