This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Of course, one of Tech's football players killed a gay guy. Literally beat him to death.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't follow what happens at tech as closely as I do the school I have a degree from so I can't really comment on what is going on there but if there is a problem there then there should be something done about it.

Of course, I think your effort is to point at some other school to prove it happens everywhere which is a common tactic by many within the LU community. Just because there is a problem at Tech (and many other colleges for that matter) doesn't change the story at LU. Maybe that isn't what you're doing but you originally shared it in the LU Title IX thread so seems like a pretty good bet that is what you're doing.

But LU is a Christian community and should handle situations like these much better than their secular counterparts. You can tell a lot about a Christian organization in how they treat the vulnerable. You can also tell a lot about people who deflect attention elsewhere as quickly as possible. Or organizations that don't take ownership of their mistakes.
ATrain, flameshaw, Just John liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
This thread's existence.... is gross. In a sub forum of the title "the lynchburg life" no less. But I'm sure you just don't see the difference.
ATrain liked this
LUconn wrote: November 6th, 2021, 6:20 pm This thread's existence.... is gross. In a sub forum of the title "the lynchburg life" no less. But I'm sure you just don't see the difference.
I'm guessing postman created this thread because I didn't. I simply pointed out in the other thread that Tech also had protest going on on their campus according to local CBS Lynchburg Blacksburg Danville station.

:dontgetit
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
They can bring this up if they want. Why not? Maybe they just thought you guys were exploring every minute detail of every possible angle. That would seem to be the case. So then, consider the times in which we live. Look around. Social activism everywhere. Is it valid bring it up here? Maybe not. But, if it seems like they're just blowing smoke, they're certainly not the only ones.
paradox wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:59 pm They can bring this up if they want. Why not? Maybe they just thought you guys were exploring every minute detail of every possible angle. That would seem to be the case. So then, consider the times in which we live. Look around. Social activism everywhere. Is it valid bring it up here? Maybe not. But, if it seems like they're just blowing smoke, they're certainly not the only ones.
There seems to be a narrative being created here. LU president is bad. If you deviate from it your post will be removed or moved ... I've had both happen in a week. :lol:

As far us LU, I don't have enough credible info to have an opinion on what should happen. I do trust Johnathon to move things in the right direction. Start questioning his character and you lose me.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]