This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: May 15th, 2022, 3:39 pm
ATrain wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:41 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 9:21 pm The liberals in Charlottesville and Albermarle County know a bypass around Charlottesville would help Southern Virginia. I have heard I 64 was supposed to be built through Lynchburg, not Charlottesville
Charlottesville was the preferred option from the get-go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstat ... ia#History
Not according to the wikipedia article YOU linked to!
"This southern route was favored by Governor J. Lindsay Almond and most members of the State Highway Commission. The decision was on hold for three years while the state continued planning for the piece of the US 250 alignment from Richmond to Short Pump, which would be needed anyway to handle traffic.[12] In 1961, US Secretary of Commerce Luther H. Hodges rejected that plan and chose the present route, leaving Lynchburg as the largest city in Virginia not served by an Interstate. Officially, the chosen route was considered more efficient. However, there is speculation that the decision involved "back-room" politics of the Kennedy administration"
I meant original, not preferred. My fault
alabama24 liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]