This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Jonathan Carone wrote: July 6th, 2021, 12:15 pm
ALUmnus wrote: July 6th, 2021, 10:05 am
My teen girls have the tv on in the background constantly, so my Netflix queue is clogged with crap.
Gotta set those separate profiles up.
Yeah, but I try to be a little hands-on with what content my kids are consuming. I'd just rather not deal with 5 different profiles on a half-dozen streaming channels each. It's just easier, and I can live with it.

Speaking of which, The Social Dilemma, really worth watching with everyone in your family.
By LU 57
One I forgot about that we watched earlier this year is The Spy on Netflix, with Sacha Baron Cohen playing a Mossad agent undercover in Syria. Very solid.

Tehran was a similar series on Apple+ that was pretty good as well.
LU 57 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:48 pm One I forgot about that we watched earlier this year is The Spy on Netflix, with Sacha Baron Cohen playing a Mossad agent undercover in Syria. Very solid.

Tehran was a similar series on Apple+ that was pretty good as well.
YES. Both solid choices!

And any chance to plug for Fauda on Netflix I will.
LU 57 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:36 pm I am currently watching Attack on Titan
I stumbled across my college-aged son watching this yesterday. I mercilessly harassed him about his newfound taste for anime. He blamed it on his college roommate. But I blame it on the Maroon Cult where he spent the last year.

And Haize is now all in on old school F1 storytelling. There are some great documentaries on Senna & Schumacher. How has somebody not done Mario Andretti's F1 experience up right in a docu-series yet while he is still with us? His championship in '78 would also make an amazing major motion picture in the eyes of this Italo-American.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: July 10th, 2021, 9:33 am
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:36 pm I am currently watching Attack on Titan
I stumbled across my college-aged son watching this yesterday. I mercilessly harassed him about his newfound taste for anime. He blamed it on his college roommate. But I blame it on the Maroon Cult here he spent the last year.

And Haize is now all in on old school F1 storytelling. There are some great documentaries on Senna & Schumacher. How has somebody not done Mario Andretti's F1 experience up right in a docu-series yet while he is still with us? His championship in '78 would also make an amazing major motion picture in the eyes of this Italo-American.
My college-age son and his roommates are all into anime, and they are not the type of kids you would normally expect. Go figure. :dontgetit
LU 57 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 10:19 pm Had not heard of Fauda. Will check it out.
DUDE.
If 24 and Homeland ran off to Israel and had a love child it would be Fauda!! Voices are dubbed so be aware of that.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm
LU 57 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 10:19 pm Had not heard of Fauda. Will check it out.
DUDE.
If 24 and Homeland ran off to Israel and had a love child it would be Fauda!! Voices are dubbed so be aware of that.
I normally am out on dubbed shows/movies, but how can I ignore that recommendation? I watched all of 24 back in the day and made it some of the way through Homeland, but
my issue there was the late Sunday night timing. Past my bedtime :lol: My wife really liked it though.
LU 57 wrote: July 10th, 2021, 3:16 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm
DUDE.
I normally am out on dubbed shows/movies, but how can I ignore that recommendation? I watched all of 24 back in the day and made it some of the way through Homeland, but
my issue there was the late Sunday night timing. Past my bedtime :lol: My wife really liked it though.
They actually do a really good job with it So it’s not like those Chinese Martial arts movies from back in the day. Ha
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Loki, of course. I've been watching Bad Batch with my son every week too. There's a short series about Food Markets on CuriosityStream that I just finished up that is really interesting to watch, and another one called Happiness is On The Plate. I've found a lot on there to watch.

I've been watching a lot of Binging with Babish, SortedFood and Jomez on YouTube. Now, if you want YouTube suggestions I have a bunch of those lol.
flamehunter liked this
phoenix wrote: July 10th, 2021, 7:48 pm Loki, of course. I've been watching Bad Batch with my son every week too. There's a short series about Food Markets on CuriosityStream that I just finished up that is really interesting to watch, and another one called Happiness is On The Plate. I've found a lot on there to watch.

I've been watching a lot of Binging with Babish, SortedFood and Jomez on YouTube. Now, if you want YouTube suggestions I have a bunch of those lol.
Yeah YouTube is 90% of my consumption any more. Just so much variety and real stuff.
Jomez is top notch and really stepped up with their coverage of the Worlds. Of course the fantastic finish didn't hurt. Also their doc on Eagle McMahon was as good as any I've seen.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:04 pm Chef’s Table BBQ Episode 1 with Tootsie at Snow’s BBQ is unreal. Officially on the bucket list.

Sly, have you been there? I am sure you have.
I have tried several times unsuccessfully. It is one shot experience on Saturday mornings. But I have been to plenty of the other Texan legends.
LU 57 liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:11 pm Of course the fantastic finish didn't hurt. Also their doc on Eagle McMahon was as good as any I've seen.
I was really impressed with their Eagle documentary. I wasn't expecting much, but it was really good.
And I ended up subscribing to DGPT TV because of their final round coverage of Worlds. Live coverage has improved a lot in the last few years - and when you have an ending like that (men's AND women's), live is better.

{Conrad's ace helped me make some money lol - a couple years ago I bought a Plasma Entropy almost exactly like the one he aced with. Paid $27 for it, sold it for $90 ;-)}
flamehunter, Sly Fox liked this
Sly Fox wrote:
I stumbled across my college-aged son watching this yesterday. I mercilessly harassed him about his newfound taste for anime. He blamed it on his college roommate. But I blame it on the Maroon Cult where he spent the last year.

I'm not really in to anime, but I started watching it because I noticed on the top-rated episodes on IMDB there were several in the top 10, 50, 100, etc. The voice acting is quite good.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I don't watch much anime, but the 3-part Godzilla series on Netflix is excellent.
I had watched the first one with subtitles, and the dialog is so technical it was SO hard to follow. Then I realized they had an English dubbing. Ooops.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]