This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:02 pm AOC is a master manipulator. The way to best her is not to engage her
I really wish I could talk with grandma. I highly doubt it was her idea to say no to the $$$. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if she knows nothing about it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
@Jonathan Carone AOC is an elected official, Walsh is a commentator. He’s literally paid to grandstand, and I thought his play was hilarious. I hold her to a higher standard.

Why is she still invoking Trump?
Kricket, LU 57 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 3:20 pm @Jonathan Carone AOC is an elected official, Walsh is a commentator. He’s literally paid to grandstand, and I thought his play was hilarious. I hold her to a higher standard.

Why is she still invoking Trump?
It is hilarious. I think we should all just admit that and move on.
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 3:20 pm @Jonathan Carone AOC is an elected official, Walsh is a commentator. He’s literally paid to grandstand, and I thought his play was hilarious. I hold her to a higher standard.
And that’s the issue. We reward the media members who can cause a stir and make noise instead of holding them to a true journalistic standard then we all complain the media is biased and can’t be trusted.
phoenix liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I'm happy someone exposes politicians being disingenuous, but I guess I speak for myself in that matter.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 5th, 2021, 4:06 pm
And that’s the issue. We reward the media members who can cause a stir and make noise instead of holding them to a true journalistic standard then we all complain the media is biased and can’t be trusted.
Not all media members are journalists.

Walsh got exactly what he was seeking, what he’s paid for: attention. He’s an entertainer.

Bias exists in all of us (media members included). You’ve been stating that fact in every race discussion here. But that isn’t even the point.

AOC isn’t a media member. Holding her to a higher standard and believing the entertainer won the round by calling her low-level bluff aren’t mutually exclusive.
flamehunter liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I could buy that if the majority of Americans didn’t equate commentators and journalists as the same thing.

This isn’t a conservative or liberal thing. It’s an American consumption of media thing. We get the AOC’s and MTG’s because that’s who we allow the media to cover and use for ratings and advertising dollars.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Are we the majority?

Are we going to allow the majority to define these things for us?
Kricket liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]