This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sstaedtler
I left my church over 43 years over a youth pastor who was heavily into Critical Race Theory. He pushed books and videos onto church members. He gave a sermon on favoritism where his main points were loving and honoring LGBT, economic equality, racial injustice, and then something about illegal immigration - it all sounded very political. He constantly went online when any news event happened without knowing any of the facts. And his themes were always the same - cops bad, white people bad, Christian conservatives bad.

After Jacob Blake was shot, he wrote on Facebook "Jacob Blake was shot 7 times in front of his kids, we all can agree on this." He only left out that he sexually assaulted the woman, broke a restraining order, sexually assaulted her again, stole her keys, went to take her vehicle, and grabbed a knife to lunge at police. When people confronted him, he didn't care that his facts were biased and wrong, all he cared about was the narrative.

Eventually we got in a discussion about systemic racism. I agreed that it happened in the past, but I didn't see it as the biggest or a main problem now. Mainly because I think Democratic plans on welfare and education have driven disparities. This further resulted in 65% single parent rates, which leads to poverty and violence, on average. Rather than him countering with why he thought there was systemic racism today, he simply publicly called me racist. Other people in the church saw this and were offended. He believes probably 85% of the church is racist. People came up and said when he called you racist, he called me racist too, because I agreed with you.

This youth pastor went on to push books that had authors that were pro-LGBT and that made comments that "transgenders are divine" and "God is a black woman." But my biggest problem with him and CRT is that everything is about emotional stories that can't be countered or questioned in anyway. Another classmate of mine went to a group called "Be The Bridge", which has 16 rules for white people, which are very offensive and ridiculous, for the most part. She became radicalized, and posted about race non-stop. When you tried to question her on anything, she got super emotional and did not want that on her wall. CRT theorists don't thing they have to argue the facts. Systemic racism is and always will be. Facts are seen as an example of "whiteness." Also, the Bible doesn't teach that you are responsible for the sins of your parents. At least 5 verses say you will die, the father and the son, each for his own sin. That's not generational guilt.

Another problem with CRT is it seeks to balance justice by letting minority criminals go to make up for past injustices. We see this in cities today. Leviticus 19:!5 says "You shall do no injustice in judgment. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty. In righteousness you shall judge your neighbor." In other words, judge justly. Don't favor anyone to try to make up for past sins.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: July 31st, 2022, 1:04 am I left my church over 43 years over a youth pastor who was heavily into Critical Race Theory. He pushed books and videos onto church members. He gave a sermon on favoritism where his main points were loving and honoring LGBT, economic equality, racial injustice, and then something about illegal immigration - it all sounded very political. He constantly went online when any news event happened without knowing any of the facts. And his themes were always the same - cops bad, white people bad, Christian conservatives bad.

After Jacob Blake was shot, he wrote on Facebook "Jacob Blake was shot 7 times in front of his kids, we all can agree on this." He only left out that he sexually assaulted the woman, broke a restraining order, sexually assaulted her again, stole her keys, went to take her vehicle, and grabbed a knife to lunge at police. When people confronted him, he didn't care that his facts were biased and wrong, all he cared about was the narrative.

Eventually we got in a discussion about systemic racism. I agreed that it happened in the past, but I didn't see it as the biggest or a main problem now. Mainly because I think Democratic plans on welfare and education have driven disparities. This further resulted in 65% single parent rates, which leads to poverty and violence, on average. Rather than him countering with why he thought there was systemic racism today, he simply publicly called me racist. Other people in the church saw this and were offended. He believes probably 85% of the church is racist. People came up and said when he called you racist, he called me racist too, because I agreed with you.

This youth pastor went on to push books that had authors that were pro-LGBT and that made comments that "transgenders are divine" and "God is a black woman." But my biggest problem with him and CRT is that everything is about emotional stories that can't be countered or questioned in anyway. Another classmate of mine went to a group called "Be The Bridge", which has 16 rules for white people, which are very offensive and ridiculous, for the most part. She became radicalized, and posted about race non-stop. When you tried to question her on anything, she got super emotional and did not want that on her wall. CRT theorists don't thing they have to argue the facts. Systemic racism is and always will be. Facts are seen as an example of "whiteness." Also, the Bible doesn't teach that you are responsible for the sins of your parents. At least 5 verses say you will die, the father and the son, each for his own sin. That's not generational guilt.

Another problem with CRT is it seeks to balance justice by letting minority criminals go to make up for past injustices. We see this in cities today. Leviticus 19:!5 says "You shall do no injustice in judgment. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty. In righteousness you shall judge your neighbor." In other words, judge justly. Don't favor anyone to try to make up for past sins.
What seminary did he study at?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]