This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Syncretism is the path of least resistance that doesn't require you to ever reconcile your beliefs with anyone. Many (most) parents for decades have left teaching their children Biblical doctrine to the 2 hrs they are at church.
When my oldest was 15, he was given summer reading for History class: James W. Loewen's "Lies My Teacher Told Me." The book came with 30 short essay questions written by Loewen himself. The questions were written in such a way so as to presuppose the validity of his ideological theories. The language was loaded and manipulative.

Marxists have as much a right to express themselves as anyone else. But should they be educating us? They claim to be so many things that they are not. They suffocate all meaningful dialogue with their intolerance and sanctimonious accusations. Most students walk away confused, but some who are weak, servile, or unstable end up following them.
Purple Haize wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:23 pm
olldflame wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:07 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 1st, 2021, 7:47 pm I feel old. Who is John Cooper?
Depends on which John Cooper you are referring to, which I touched on in an earlier post.
One of them founded a company which makes cute little cars which are incredibly fun to drive.
I believe this thread is referring to the guy who is the front man for Skillet.
Skillet will be at the BRRF. Solid!
Wait, really? If so, I might actually want to work that day of the event.
LUAlum1215 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:23 pm
olldflame wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:07 pm

Depends on which John Cooper you are referring to, which I touched on in an earlier post.
One of them founded a company which makes cute little cars which are incredibly fun to drive.
I believe this thread is referring to the guy who is the front man for Skillet.
Skillet will be at the BRRF. Solid!
Wait, really? If so, I might actually want to work that day of the event.
Go to the line up page. POD also making an appearance
I recognize some of the bands but that music isn't my kinda jam. Skillet is one exception only because I had the chance to meet and talk with the band during several Winterfest events in my LUPD days. John was probably the nicest artist/performer/celebrity I had the chance to talk with.
Purple Haize liked this
Beware the feeding of the trolls.
paradox wrote: August 21st, 2021, 9:25 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 21st, 2021, 3:24 pm
paradox wrote: August 20th, 2021, 8:22 pm Football mostly, but probably basketball too. Also, we always had the best-looking coeds, especially compared to them. That one particularly offends....or oppresses, if you will.
So Christianity oppresses football and basketball, what?
Exactly!
They appear to be suffering from an acute case of pale-liberal fragility. To make matters worse, we have better football and even better looking co-eds. We also have access to the screaming statue on nearby Monument Hill. Think about it. All that combined. That's gotta really hurt.
paradox wrote: August 21st, 2021, 10:09 pm
paradox wrote: August 21st, 2021, 9:25 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 21st, 2021, 3:24 pm
So Christianity oppresses football and basketball, what?
Exactly!
They appear to be suffering from an acute case of pale-liberal fragility. To make matters worse, we have better football and even better looking co-eds. We also have access to the screaming statue on nearby Monument Hill. Think about it. All that combined. That's gotta really hurt.
The screaming statue is on the Sweet Briar campus.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]