This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
He’s using emotionally-driven fear language, but if you dig a bit into what he’s saying when you strip those things away, this is what I can gather is his point: China has realized Bitcoin has value for their trade and has invested in it in a way the US has not.

Bitcoin is neutral here, China is just taking advantage of it. We can’t stop China from doing that, we need to be more forward thinking with our economic policies to incorporate the reality of cryptos.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Imagine that. A country that wants to dethrone us as the worlds super power actually trying to. Shocked. Shocked I say
TH Spangler liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 8th, 2021, 9:23 am Bitcoin is neutral here, China is just taking advantage of it.
100% agree with that statement.

If anyone does not understand Bitcoin, I would encourage you to learn about it. If you don't own any Bitcoin, you don't understand it. This is a unique time in the history of finance and everyone would benefit from understanding how it works. Cryptocurrencies will change the way commerce is done in the future. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, but there are also MANY cryptocurrencies that are not Bitcoin. If you want to get started on a learning path I'd be glad to help. Send me a DM and we can setup a zoom call.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:58 am Imagine that. A country that wants to dethrone us as the worlds super power actually trying to. Shocked. Shocked I say
American greed, quick buck, they'll get us again :lol: It works.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: April 8th, 2021, 11:53 am What are you talking about?
Bitcoin is another way to dethrone the US dollar as the world currency. Americans will gladly go along if they can make a buck off it today, the heck with tomorrow. That's exactly how all our manufacturing jobs ended up in China. Hopfully the West gets busy and addresses it ASAP.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:28 pm Bitcoin is another way to dethrone the US dollar as the world currency. Americans will gladly go along if they can make a buck off it today, the heck with tomorrow. That's exactly how all our manufacturing jobs ended up in China. Hopfully the West gets busy and addresses it ASAP.
You do not understand Bitcoin.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
90% of the time I'm never quite sure what TH is talking about. TH, you have said you don't understand Bitcoin in the past. My suggestion is to actually understand what bitcoin is and what it isn't before reading anymore of these articles. It will provide context to these articles and also help you understand why someone from PayPal would take this stance.

Simply Google "bitcoin for dummies" and watch some of the videos that come up. I know how much you love watching videos :D
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:90% of the time I'm never quite sure what TH is talking about. TH, you have said you don't understand Bitcoin in the past. My suggestion is to actually understand what bitcoin is and what it isn't before reading anymore of these articles. It will provide context to these articles and also help you understand why someone from PayPal would take this stance.

Simply Google "bitcoin for dummies" and watch some of the videos that come up. I know how much you love watching videos :D
It’s a sign of the end times Postie
TH Spangler liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
TH Spangler wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:28 pm Bitcoin is another way to dethrone the US dollar as the world currency. Americans will gladly go along if they can make a buck off it today, the heck with tomorrow. That's exactly how all our manufacturing jobs ended up in China. Hopfully the West gets busy and addresses it ASAP.
You do not understand Bitcoin.
Yeah, as soon as I read the thoughts, I thought the same thing. I'll give him that cryptocurrency is a new thing but it's funny when people take a hard stance on something they haven't really studied.

I remember a student I was teaching a few years ago who was going on and on about how terrible a movie was but you could tell by some of his statements that he probably hadn't even seen the movie. I asked him, "Did you actually see the movie?" He said, "No, but I read an article about it on the internet."

These are prime examples of why we struggle as a society these days.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:32 pm Where does Thiel say Bitcoin weakens the US?

Hint: you can't find it
"Potential" in undermining the US dollar’s position as a global reserve currency. Which undermines the US's position.

Time will tell. Sign of the times :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:42 pm
SumItUp wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:32 pm Where does Thiel say Bitcoin weakens the US?

"Potential" in undermining the US dollar’s position as a global reserve currency. Which undermines the US's position.

I didn’t know that America’s currency was mentioned in the Bible.
TH Spangler liked this
By Class of 20Something

That's like blaming an arms manufacturer that sells to anyone for undermining our national security. What are we? Children that complain things aren't fair when we have the same opportunity?

Do you get upset with people making money on TSLA when you've invested in cash bonds? No! You made a choice of what to invest it. They didn't limit your earnings, you did.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 3:09 pm

I didn’t know that America’s currency was mentioned in the Bible.
No mention of the US at all when Gog, Iran and Turkey move on Israel. My guess is, by then we are a fundamentally transformed weak nation trying to lead from behind. :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]