This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Some of you may recall last summer I referenced being interviewed by Vice for a series on Sherry Shriner and her Reptilian Cult. The series is called "The Devil You Know" and Season 2 is the story of my former LU classmate Sherry Coberly. The series is debuting this week and I am supposedly in Episode 4. Who knows how Vice will tell the story but Liberty is a chapter in this insane story that involves multiple deaths.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know very little about this but after watching the first episode which Vice put up on YouTube I'm very intrigued. Such an bizarre thing.

Sly, did you say Sherry has a LU connection or did you just have some kind of connection?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
She was a classmate in the LU Communications school. We worked together at the campus radio station WLBU.

For those unfamiliar with her cult, she believed Paul was sent by Satan as a reptilian alien to destroy the Gospel. It gets zanier from there. The series will explain the Liberty connections.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh wow. Crazy! When did she graduate? My wife's Aunt graduated in the late 80's and was a comms student. In fact, you may have even known her.

I had heard of her and the cult before but I had no idea there was a LU connection until you brought it up.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 10:44 am For those unfamiliar with her cult, she believed Paul was sent by Satan as a reptilian alien to destroy the Gospel.
Now there is a cult that my Cal-Berkeley educated brother could support: he claims to follow Jesus but hates Paul with a burning passion. :flamingdevil
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sherry didn't graduate from LU. She transferred to a school back home in Ohio. She was vry politically-minded during her LU years including her stint as WLBU News Director.

Postie - Who is your wife's aunt? I likely knew her.
By rtb72
Scary and interesting all at the same time. I did some open source research once you posted this; she is nuts! Aliens and everything else you can think of. Thanks for sharing...I've got it programmed to record the series.
thepostman liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The Nation of Islam is a whole mess. And surprisingly popular among athletes. It came to a head last year with a few top level athletes repeating some nasty anti-Semitic conspiracy theories from Elijah Muhammad.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 5:12 pm Ah OK. Anita Crawford is her name. I think she graduated in the late 80's
I don't remember her name but she could have been a few years behind me.

The series drops new episodes on Monday evenings on Vice TV which is available at my house on Fubo+. Here is the debut episode from this past Monday if you missed it:

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Episode 2 is now online:

They are just beginning to get into Sherry's story with most of the focus still on the shooting death in Mount Pocono.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Episode 3 focused on a girl who died by suicide under Sherry's influence. At the very end of the episode I make my first brief appearance.

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I watched the first 1.5 episodes last night, fell asleep somewhere in the middle of episode 2. My therapist brain is having fun getting acquainted with Barbara.
I know the general audience is probably more interested in the true crime angle, but I’m fascinated more by the belief systems of cults themselves. I hope they dive deeper than they have so far.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Who is THAT guy!!??? :lol:

Watched it yesterday and this was the best episode yet. I really hope they continue to dive into how Sherry changed from who you knew in college to who she became. The focus still seems to remain on the crime aspect but I'm more interested in how she became who she was. I can't imagine stumbling across her website after knowing her in college. Must've been wild when you first read some of this stuff, Sly.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Sly, I’m interested in the Sherry you knew. From a clinical perspective, personality disorders like what Sherry clearly has don’t all of the sudden appear in middle age, they’re lifelong patterns of learned behavior.

Are there things you look back on from when you knew her that now seem like red flags? Or is all this completely out of the blue to you?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]