This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 2:30 pm There is little use looking toward the past. I admit that I would like to see us having better relations in the Americas. Right now even our northern neighbor isn't very pleased with us and I can't blame them.
We are so divided and with every election we do a 180. I can't believe we stopped their pipeline.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No, it forces us Americans that work in the world of IT to get better. If we can't do it, I don't blame IT companies for wanting to bring in the best talent in the world. This is actually a good thing for IT as a whole in the United States as it will encourage more innovation inside of the United States instead of places like India or China.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:47 pm No, it forces us Americans that work in the world of IT to get better. If we can't do it, I don't blame IT companies for wanting to bring in the best talent in the world. This is actually a good thing for IT as a whole in the United States as it will encourage more innovation inside of the United States instead of places like India or China.
It's more like equal talent for less $$$. :lol:
Chippy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is not what is happening at all. It isn't exactly cheap to bring people over to work here.

But it is the talking point used by the previous administration so I can understand your ignorance on this topic.

This is about ensuring the United States companies can remain the worldwide leaders in technology innovation. We are very close to being surpassed and, arguably, have already been surpassed in some ways.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:28 am Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
For Trump and his most devoted followers, the “ends justified the means.” This is no different.
adam42381 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 8:26 am
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:28 am Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
For Trump and his most devoted followers, the “ends justified the means.” This is no different.
How is Trump replacing openings while he was POTUS the same? This is radical, so radical liberal Supreme Court Justices are on record objecting to it.
prototype liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
A panel of House Democrats advanced legislation Wednesday to make Washington, D.C., the 51st state in the union after hourslong debate over the constitutionality of the plan and the political ramifications of a newly minted blue state.

Texas needs to divide into 5 states if they do. Not sure but I think they are the only state that can do it without congressional approval. Sly probably knows.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I absolutely think this is a terrible short sited move to appease their electorate. I also didn't think Trump needed to steamroll a justice through before the election. Both are moves done for similar reason. I actually think that is what lost him the election but that was hashed out ad nauseam in the Trump thread.

Politics are ridiculous because Republicans have a history, just like the democrats do, of packing/unpacking state courts by adding or removing seats. This seems 'radical' but it really isn't if you have been paying attention to how politicians have treated states courts. Now that is being moved to the federal level.

I don't like it and completely oppose it but I also live in reality and have seen it happening for years elsewhere around the country. So the selective outrage just makes my eyes roll.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:18 am For the record, I absolutely think this is a terrible short sited move to appease their electorate. I also didn't think Trump needed to steamroll a justice through before the election. Both are moves done for similar reason. I actually think that is what lost him the election but that was hashed out ad nauseam in the Trump thread.

Politics are ridiculous because Republicans have a history, just like the democrats do, of packing/unpacking state courts by adding or removing seats. This seems 'radical' but it really isn't if you have been paying attention to how politicians have treated states courts. Now that is being moved to the federal level.

I don't like it and completely oppose it but I also live in reality and have seen it happening for years elsewhere around the country. So the selective outrage just makes my eyes roll.
Democrats are trying to move everything to the federal level. Including local law enforcement.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it’s a terrible idea and sets a bad precedent, but @thepostman is right. If the situation were reversed, the Rs would be doing the same exact thing.

Just look at the Merrick Garland vs Amy Coney Barrett example. Don’t let anyone lie to you and say those situations were different. The only real difference was having the power to push it through.
alabama24, thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:58 am Yeah, it’s a terrible idea and sets a bad precedent, but @thepostman is right. If the situation were reversed, the Rs would be doing the same exact thing.

Just look at the Merrick Garland vs Amy Coney Barrett example. Don’t let anyone lie to you and say those situations were different. The only real difference was having the power to push it through.
I hope people wake up and realize where democrats are taking us. Eventually they eat their own. How long before MLK gets cancelled for being a Christian. :shock:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2021, 8:55 am
How is Trump replacing openings while he was POTUS the same?
Trump and his legion were against executive orders until he was president. Now they are against them again. The "ends justify the means." Trump and his legion were against "finding any votes" for democrats, but were in favor of "find me the votes" for him. The "ends justify the means."

For the record, My comment neither said nor implied anything about the Supreme Court re:Trump but I will comment on it.

If the roles had been reversed and what had happened with Garland and Barrett had happened under the reverse circumstances, Trump and his legions would have been screaming bloody murder.

I think Garland should have gotten a vote. He should have been rejected. I think Barrett should have gotten a vote. I am glad she is in.

I believe in playing hard, but playing by the rules. The ends do not justify the means.
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 10:12 am
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2021, 8:55 am

How is Trump replacing openings while he was POTUS the same?
Trump and his legion were against executive orders until he was president. Now they are against them again. The "ends justify the means." Trump and his legion were against "finding any votes" for democrats, but were in favor of "find me the votes" for him. The "ends justify the means."

For the record, My comment neither said nor implied anything about the Supreme Court re:Trump but I will comment on it.

If the roles had been reversed and what had happened with Garland and Barrett had happened under the reverse circumstances, Trump and his legions would have been screaming bloody murder.

I think Garland should have gotten a vote. He should have been rejected. I think Barrett should have gotten a vote. I am glad she is in.

I believe in playing hard, but playing by the rules. The ends do not justify the means.
The executive orders are interesting. Two completely different visions for our nation. :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So if it aligns with your vision for our nation, the ends justify the means? Seems like that is what you're saying. What Judeo Christian value is that?
alabama24 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 15th, 2021, 11:22 am So if it aligns with your vision for our nation, the ends justify the means? Seems like that is what you're saying. What Judeo Christian value is that?
Just saying they make clear what each party's core beliefs/values are. Makes it easy for me to know who Ill vote for.
Last edited by TH Spangler on April 15th, 2021, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:18 am For the record, I absolutely think this is a terrible short sited move to appease their electorate. I also didn't think Trump needed to steamroll a justice through before the election. Both are moves done for similar reason. I actually think that is what lost him the election but that was hashed out ad nauseam in the Trump thread.

Surprisingly I totally disagree. Trump/McConnel throwing elbows to get ACB on the Court was part of the game. Thems the rulz and and all. Adding Justices that you can hand pick and “change the balance of the Court” is changing the Rules of the Game.
I mean we may have an expanded court but at least there’s no more mean Tweets.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The court isn't going to be expanded. It was introduced but there is zero indication that it'll have enough support to actually go anywhere which is good news, in my opinion. Also by introducing things like this, the democrats are only hurting themselves for 2022.

There are stories upon stories of both Republicans and Democrats around the country changing rules to help their party. This isn't new but this is what will continue to happen when there is selective outrage depending on which party it benefits.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:53 am The court isn't going to be expanded. It was introduced but there is zero indication that it'll have enough support to actually go anywhere which is good news, in my opinion. Also by introducing things like this, the democrats are only hurting themselves for 2022.

There are stories upon stories of both Republicans and Democrats around the country changing rules to help their party. This isn't new but this is what will continue to happen when there is selective outrage depending on which party it benefits.
I agree that we need look no further than LU’s own House of Representatives member to see how people manipulate rules. But adding to SCOTUS completely changes them. That’s where things get hinky. You’d think Democrats would have learned after blowing up the filibuster blew up in their face
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it is a terrible idea and I'm somewhat optimistic now that it appears it doesn't seem to have full support, even among democrats. I mean it doesn't take much to introduce a bill to the house.

2022 is going to be brutal for the democrats, I don't know if they lose the house or not but it'll be very, very close.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]