This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
You really used The Nation as a nonbiased source? :lol:

That’s about the same as posting a Fox News article.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:You really used The Nation as a nonbiased source? :lol:

That’s about the same as posting a Fox News article.
They are quoting the Texas Tribune, wise guy
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Texas Tribune is also pretty well known for its liberal bias.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If any of you are considering a financial donation to help in Afghanistan I would consider Samaritan Purse. Good work, solid doctrinally.

Mission to Military might be a good place now.

🙏
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If I was this inept I’d be fired

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 18th, 2021, 5:55 pm CIA warned him. He was even pressed on this. NYTimes & NBC among others are reporting this. It's mystifying that he defied their guidance in such a stubbornly misguided manner. Why?
And he just denied being informed about the situation
Or that we had troops in Syria
His Stephanopolos interview is shocking
And now he’s back in DE. And before someone goes all “But Trump” you knew what Trump was doing. Biden is back in basement hiding campaign hide mode.
Chippy liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Biden's attitude is unparalleled in a time of crisis. And he created the crisis. Even foreshadowed it by painting images of Saigon in our heads, several days prior. He's the same scatter-brained guy he always was. It seems that most thought he'd rely primarily on advisors and intelligence. Why should he? He's a self-described foreign policy expert, after all.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 19th, 2021, 12:54 pm Biden's attitude is unparalleled in a time of crisis. And he created the crisis. Even foreshadowed it by painting images of Saigon in our heads, several days prior. He's the same scatter-brained guy he always was. It seems that most thought he'd rely primarily on advisors and intelligence. Why should he? He's a still a foreign policy thoroughbred, right?
He's a perfect representation of current Washington. Just look at how much money his family has made hanging out there. But he's woke so he's good. :(
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
guys trying to do what Ford and Carter did in 8 years in just 8 months!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Hopfully they have enough sence to call in competent people like Mike Pompeo to help get best results out of a very bad situation. Kind of a all hands on deck moment.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
They won't grab a Republican. However, arguably, the most qualified Democrat available, Leon Panetta, is on record comparing this miscalculation to the humiliation suffered In the Bay of Pigs fiasco.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:30 pm Hopfully they have enough sence to call in competent people like Mike Pompeo to help get best results out of a very bad situation. Kind of a all hands on deck moment.
Isn’t Pompeo the guy responsible for the Taliban deal in the first place?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:51 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:30 pm Hopfully they have enough sence to call in competent people like Mike Pompeo to help get best results out of a very bad situation. Kind of a all hands on deck moment.
Negotiations yes. Cutting out with 15,000 Americans still in the country, no.

Word is that British paratroopers are busy rescuing UK citizens in Kabul and bringing them to the airport. Exactly what our Defense Secretary says we "don't have the capability" of doing. Our troops on the ground disagree strongly with this assessment, and are extremely frustrated because they are not being allowed to do the same.

My guess is Biden will do what Ben Shapiro has predicted. Bribe the Taliban in return for safe passage for our people and a promise not to tell anyone we did it (which they will break within a month to brag about how they duped us).
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:51 pm
Do some research. Mike had a good plan for leaving. It was over turn just like everything else the past administration had going.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Just watched Fox Nation Tucker interview with Lara Logan, titled Afghanistan What Really Happened. She will leave your head spinning. Stokes you would find it very interesting. Left me believing truth is in the middle. And it's not pretty.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Obviously Biden has made a complete mess of things, but I’m just saying Pompeo didn’t do us any favors with the deal in the first place. Wouldn’t be on my list of people to get involved at this point.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Ah, the “we were just kidding!” defense. Classic :roll:

What they did was legitimize the Taliban and undermine the Afghan president/government, which, according to your article, was their secret plan anyway.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
My conspiracy idea that I’ve been floating around in my head: Biden was cavalier about this because he thought it would turn out one of two ways:

1. It’s a success, he’s a hero
2. It’s a failure and he can blame the previous administration, but “hey, we’re out.”
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Hard to imagine a Biden-friendly conspiracy here. It's pretty indefensible and unlike anything we've ever seen. Worse yet, we're not even willing to engage in a real rescue plan. This administration is completely impotent and lost in a deviant form of reverie.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Oh, I don’t mean it to be Biden friendly. I mean he saw this as a possible tool to throw the previous administration under the bus.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Biden can try to complain that he was the one left holding the bag. But the problem is that they ignored intelligence warnings. And he was so sure of himself that he didn't even have a back-up plan. Even the liberal media can't bail him out, although they are protecting him. Apparently, ABC News, edited out, Biden falsely claiming that his son served in Afghanistan. And CNN is getting a little defensive about 25th Amendment speculation. However, speculation is getting more legitimate by the day, at least conversationally.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]