This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have any GOP leaders voiced public skepticism about the vax, like the Dems did? We've seen this show before, project the blame on the opposition.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They haven't but they are more than ok in propping people up who do. They want to win more seats in 2022. That can't happen if the Biden admin has sucuss. Politics as usual I suppose.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I would think economy, jobs, inflation, taxes, climate deals, and early 2021 Dem overreach would weigh heavy for '22.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:11 am
stokesjokes wrote: July 19th, 2021, 10:28 am The funny irony to me is that “fake news” was a conservative rallying point, but once the social media companies actually start trying to do something about “fake news,” conservatives don’t like it bc it turns out they’re the ones buying into it and spreading it the most.
You're 100% right. If I had a dime I've seen right-wing die hards complain about fact checking, I'd be rich. "You can't trust them, they voted democrat in the past."

I'm going to clue people into something, most people voted one way or another in the past. Does that mean that they can't be objective? Do you want someone who's never voted for anything?
Well Republicans do like suppressing the vote…
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:41 pm Another interesting angle here is the vaccine itself. Harris and Cuomo publicly voiced passionate skepticism as to whether a Trump administration vaccine could be trusted. Now, of course, the mere liberty to voice skepticism about the vax somehow makes you complicit in C19 deaths.
Are people not allowed to change their opinion?

I was skeptical at the safety of it in the beginnings because it seemed like they were rushing the development of it, but I got it first chance I could once I saw the results of the trials. Would have gotten it rather Trump was re-elected or not.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Sure you can change your opinion. So can I. But we're talking about politicians. For them, every move is political.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
For the next two weeks, my only international concern is the olympics. You’re right to be worried about China, though. They’re on our heels in medal count.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Two things:

1. I didn’t vote for Biden

2. Even if I did, I wouldn’t feel any compulsion to defend him. It’s healthy to criticize your leaders and hold them accountable when they misstep, even if they’re “your guy.”
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:38 am For the next two weeks, my only international concern is the olympics. You’re right to be worried about China, though. They’re on our heels in medal count.
Super Jon is probably disappointed in you. The olympics are one of the most nationalist event there is. :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:46 am U-S-A!

U-S-A!

U-S-A!
Obviously you're not woke. There's still hope!

Seriously, all international competition between nations will not survive the course we're on. Neither will woman's sports.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
If you don't know the difference between rooting for a country in the Olympics and the hardcore "America First" nationalism the people have been bringing to the table, you're not paying that close attention to the country you claim to love.
adam42381 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:11 am
stokesjokes wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:46 am U-S-A!

U-S-A!

U-S-A!
Obviously you're not woke. There's still hope!

Seriously, all international competition between nations will not survive the course we're on. Neither will woman's sports.
Oh, I’m super woke :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:If you don't know the difference between rooting for a country in the Olympics and the hardcore "America First" nationalism the people have been bringing to the table, you're not paying that close attention to the country you claim to love.
He is paying attention and he is buying into the narrative that all things are being destroyed because Biden is apparently sleepy but also capable of ruining our country. How one comes to this conclusion takes a lot of mental gymnastics to say the least. Of course by saying that it must mean I voted for Joe.....except I didn't.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:57 am How one comes to this conclusion takes a lot of mental gymnastics to say the least.
Are we bringing this back around to the olympics?
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]