This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Assuming Schumer, Pelosi, among other prominent Dems are correct, in that the VP, with cabinet support, can initiate the 25th and assumes powers? If this crisis continues to cascade, Biden will be pressed for more clarity. He'll be forced to make sense of it. So far, he hasn't.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Kamala Harris the greatest insurance plan against having the 25th invoked.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: August 20th, 2021, 1:49 pm Kamala Harris the greatest insurance plan against having the 25th invoked.
That, and the next 2 in the order of succession are both over 80. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Unlike many countries, there is no option for a "special election" in the US. We are stuck with an order of succession that is always from the same party as the president, top to bottom, and in this case consists of a mishmash of antique legislators and questionable newbie cabinet appointees. The dems would be stuck with Kamala, who's "popularity" is nose-diving until 2024, when they will absolutely primary her. Can you say Michelle Obama?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 20th, 2021, 6:06 pm Unlike many countries, there is no option for a "special election" in the US. We are stuck with an order of succession that is always from the same party as the president, top to bottom, and in this case consists of a mishmash of antique legislators and questionable newbie cabinet appointees. The dems would be stuck with Kamala, who's "popularity" is nose-diving until 2024, when they will absolutely primary her. Can you say Michelle Obama?
Just hoping it's not Xi Jinping in 2024.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 20th, 2021, 9:31 am Hard to imagine a Biden-friendly conspiracy here.
We live in a world where people genuinely believe in a Q Anon conspiracy theory that says lizards masquerading as humans run a child sex trafficking ring in the non-existent basement of a pizza parlor.

We also live in a world where people believe that birds aren't real and that they are just government controlled spy drones.

One can conjure up a conspiracy for anything, and idiots will eat it up.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, but the part about the birds isn't a conspiracy. It's a scientific fact based on rock solid data. The data itself is fully capable of speaking for itself, while evoking a mysterious burning in the bosom, attesting to its own validity. And caused completely by climate change.
TH Spangler liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

Hatch Act........... not sure.
Lots of tantrums, just not on Twitter
Substitutes ice cream excursions with full media coverage for golf.
May not be as needy of praise, but can't take a lick of criticism.

The other 12 are completely out the window.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’ve heard ice cream makes IBS act up.

Reminds me of a trivia question, though:

What beverage did LBJ have a call-button installed for in the Oval Office?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 9:11 am Trump Derangement Syndrome was real. So is Irritable Biden Syndrome.
Make sure you're looking out for yourself. Taking care of your own mind. With so much newspeak going on it's easy to get lost. Don't let it shrink your understanding. There is such a thing as a real crisis. Biden just started a dumpster fire. And the whole world is mystified in disbelief.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If we start sending out draft notices, might that cause people to give more thought when casting their votes. Might they start demanding more truth from Journalist. More skin in the game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This may be a new low. We have put ourselves in a position where ISIS/AlQueda bomb the Kabul airport and the Taliban can blame us for "poor security" in the one small part of the country we still are responsible for.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:53 am If we start sending out draft notices, might that cause people to give more thought when casting their votes. Might they start demanding more truth from Journalist. More skin in the game.
Out of curiosity, why do you keep bringing up the draft?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
He may be referring to the NFL draft. Maybe, it's just me, but we should probably focus on the situation at hand. The 2021 season. Worry about the draft after the season.
TH Spangler liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That statement attributed to Obama: "don't underestimate Joe's ability to F things up," appears to be more and more likely as a credible statement regarding the Biden reality show.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:22 am
TH Spangler wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:53 am If we start sending out draft notices, might that cause people to give more thought when casting their votes. Might they start demanding more truth from Journalist. More skin in the game.
Out of curiosity, why do you keep bringing up the draft?
The all volunteer armed forces is the way to go. But I worry about its sustainability when a former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden equates President Trump’s supporters in the United States with the Taliban in Afghanistan. And military brass are saying the military has a problem with domestic extremists. Who are they talking about?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I assume they’re talking about the real white nationalists, which has been a term that’s been very diluted by the anti-racist crowd. The people who read The Turner Diaries and spend their time on Stormfront, Christian Identity folks. These types tend to fetishize the military, are drawn to it, and there are more of them than we should be comfortable with.

Off the top of my head, Eric Rudolph and Timothy McVeigh come from those waters. I’m sure there have been others. Now you’ve got the boogaloo folks itching to start another civil war. Heck, there was a guy with a truck bomb just last week outside the library of Congress. Not sure of his military service, but he seems to check the other boxes.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I figure its a very small number if any. It shouldn't be politicized. Our military leadership has been politicized. Follow where the generals go after retirement.

Changing the subect, Biden better start prepping for Ida, predicted to strike Louisiana as major hurricane Sunday into Monday. Don't need another Katrina.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The current situation has, IMHO, spotlighted what I think is a serious flaw with our chain of succession system. Even though it was updated fairly recently (2006) It seems antiquated to me, and is clearly intended to replace the President with someone like-minded in the event of his death. However, if a President is impeached or forced to resign due to corruption or incompetence, you are almost always going to have have people from the same party, many who were selected by the departing President, all the way down the line. While there has been some talk from the right about Biden needing to go, it certainly is being restrained by who his replacement would be; someone who is demonstrably incompetent/unqualified and was selected for her position based soley on her sex and skin color. It would certainly require a constitutional amendment, which is not an easy thing to do (and rightly so), but I would be in favor of requiring an expedited special election to replace a President who is impeached or resigns under pressure because of his misdeeds. This is not a novel concept, and is something done pretty much routinely in many other countries.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]