This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 7th, 2023, 1:33 pm I was asking him for a reason. Not you. You bailed him out.

I'm not even saying it's wrong but it's insane to speak like something is fact this early on. Haven't we learned our lesson on that in regards to middle eastern conflict?

Plus it's TH. Dude spends so much time on here just spewing nonsense. Then quickly moves to something else when challenged on it.
Many are under the impression Biden has sent 6B of American taxpayer directly to Iran which is not the case. I realize money is fungible but Biden lifted the sanctions on S. Korea to pay Iran the $6B for oil delivered several years ago with the provision that it go to banks in Qatar, not in Iran, where it is monitored by the US Treasury to be spent only on humanitarian needs. Nothing has been spent yet.

Carry on.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They get their talking points from the same places. If it ends up being false it's onto the next thing with zero real accountability.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
1 billion per hostage Obama got 4 hostages for 1.7billion but also gave them $400 million in cash loaded on a a wooden pallet and delivered in the dead of night, AND 7 Iranians we were keeping. . . so how much will we have to give Hamas for possible American hostages/bodies (Blinken attempting to confirm) and the other 100+ taken into Gaza? So now Iran has 6 billion sitting in a bank for humanitarian aid and the like. Knowing they have the 6 billion, it frees up millions on hand and the millions gained from increasing oil production from 2.3 million barrels a day (2018 under Trump sanctions and getting out of JCOPA) to now at 3.4 million barrels a day. A lot goes to China and Russia. Just a wild guess but I imagine some of the profits just may to Hamas and Hezbollah and other saintly organizations in Mideast. My 2 cents.
Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It would be pure comedy if it wasn't so sad and tragic. Not concerned w/ technicalities or w/deals or sanctions etc. Humanitarianism and terrorism is a contradiction in terms. That's the farce.

And let's not forgot the massive 7 billion dollar arsenal gifted to terrorists and that whole theatre of the absurd scene in Afghanistan. Crazy stuff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: October 8th, 2023, 4:02 pm
thepostman wrote: October 7th, 2023, 1:33 pm I was asking him for a reason. Not you. You bailed him out.

I'm not even saying it's wrong but it's insane to speak like something is fact this early on. Haven't we learned our lesson on that in regards to middle eastern conflict?

Plus it's TH. Dude spends so much time on here just spewing nonsense. Then quickly moves to something else when challenged on it.
Many are under the impression Biden has sent 6B of American taxpayer directly to Iran which is not the case. I realize money is fungible but Biden lifted the sanctions on S. Korea to pay Iran the $6B for oil delivered several years ago with the provision that it go to banks in Qatar, not in Iran, where it is monitored by the US Treasury to be spent only on humanitarian needs. Nothing has been spent yet.

Carry on.
You honestly believe that money is ‘monitored’? That 6B had a HUGE impact on the decision to launch this offensive.
It’s a fallacy to say that the US sent 6B of tax payer dollars to Iran
It is also a fallacy to say the US did NOT give Iran $6B. Why? Because Iran didn’t have access to those funds until the US allowed them to have access to those funds.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
It's crazy to me that there are people on here getting hamstrung over whether or not the $6B we released to Iran was used to help fund the Hamas attack on Israel. Especially those trying to point out any perceived "fallacy" vis-a-vis the timing, and all the other BS about the funds being "monitored".

Give me a break. The real scandal here is that we released the funds in the first place. They're the world's leading supporter/outsourcer of terrorism. They DO fund Hamas. They DO fund Hezbollah. They DO export training/knowledge to all enemies of America with their Quds Force and other paramilitary factions. First, it was Obama with his Iran deal. Then came the hostage situation, which if you dig a little deeper appears to have just been a farce to provide an excuse to send Iran $. Now you have Biden and the influence operation within his own administration. They've all been compromised by Iran. Sure, the line that Iran directly funded the attacks w/ the $6B we gave them probably isn't 100% true, but with all this other stuff going on, who cares? We're negotiating with Iran and giving them money and they're turning around and attacking our allies.

And just a note on tracking... the Pentagon/US Treasury aren't exactly great at that whole thing. There's a report out that maybe only 30% of the funds we've sent to Ukraine have actually funded frontline operations. Crazy stuff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ir ... r-AA1hpoTM
https://freebeacon.com/national-securit ... e-network/
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/isra ... -lee-smith
By jmclaughlin
Videos being circulating by Hamas show the militants with US military rifles and tech gear. tons of it. Wonder where that came from...seems like the Afghanistan withdrawal will have repercussions for years to come. This administration is the 1A example of failed leadership.
TH Spangler, Chippy liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
How about the videos of them shooting dogs!! This is a sociopathic, insane, and evil people. No more truces or cease fires that haven't worked since 1948. Declaration of war totally justified after 1200+ slaughtered and thousands injured and 11 Americans slaughtered and probably some being held as hostage.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 8th, 2023, 10:08 pm It would be pure comedy if it wasn't so sad and tragic. Not concerned w/ technicalities or w/deals or sanctions etc. Humanitarianism and terrorism is a contradiction in terms. That's the farce.

And let's not forgot the massive 7 billion dollar arsenal gifted to terrorists and that whole theatre of the absurd scene in Afghanistan. Crazy stuff.
80 billion left behind. At least we got our 13 dead and 30 injured servicemen out without paying any more.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote:Videos being circulating by Hamas show the militants with US military rifles and tech gear. tons of it. Wonder where that came from...seems like the Afghanistan withdrawal will have repercussions for years to come. This administration is the 1A example of failed leadership.
While it's likely it came from Afghanistan, don't discount the idea that some of it also came from Ukraine. Despite what all the Ukraine bros/virtue signalers on social media may tell you, it's one of the most corrupt countries in the world. It's highly likely that some of the weapons systems we've provided have been sold on the black market.

Chippy wrote:How about the videos of them shooting dogs!! This is a sociopathic, insane, and evil people. No more truces or cease fires that haven't worked since 1948. Declaration of war totally justified after 1200+ slaughtered and thousands injured and 11 Americans slaughtered and probably some being held as hostage.
Not to mention the recently found ~100+ slaughtered in their homes in South Israel, including babies/children beheaded. This is what happens when you take a child from the age they can walk and you teach them to hate. Just a question... how many of these sorts of people have infiltrated into the US via the Southern Border?
jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 10th, 2023, 11:48 am
jmclaughlin wrote:Videos being circulating by Hamas show the militants with US military rifles and tech gear. tons of it. Wonder where that came from...seems like the Afghanistan withdrawal will have repercussions for years to come. This administration is the 1A example of failed leadership.
While it's likely it came from Afghanistan, don't discount the idea that some of it also came from Ukraine. Despite what all the Ukraine bros/virtue signalers on social media may tell you, it's one of the most corrupt countries in the world. It's highly likely that some of the weapons systems we've provided have been sold on the black market.

Chippy wrote:How about the videos of them shooting dogs!! This is a sociopathic, insane, and evil people. No more truces or cease fires that haven't worked since 1948. Declaration of war totally justified after 1200+ slaughtered and thousands injured and 11 Americans slaughtered and probably some being held as hostage.
Not to mention the recently found ~100+ slaughtered in their homes in South Israel, including babies/children beheaded. This is what happens when you take a child from the age they can walk and you teach them to hate. Just a question... how many of these sorts of people have infiltrated into the US via the Southern Border?
But those weapons sales were closely monitored. Much like that 6B
flamehunter liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 9th, 2023, 3:00 am
Just John wrote: October 8th, 2023, 4:02 pm

Carry on.
You honestly believe that money is ‘monitored’? That 6B had a HUGE impact on the decision to launch this offensive.
It is also a fallacy to say the US did NOT give Iran $6B. Why? Because Iran didn’t have access to those funds until the US allowed them to have access to those funds.
Note I was specifically pushing back on the claim that "US taxpayer" money was sent that some were claiming early on.

It's pretty clear this was in the planning stages long before sanctions were lifted on the $6b. Although both Israel and the US are not outright fingering Iran on this attack the US has essentially refrozen the money (as they should).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: October 14th, 2023, 10:50 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 9th, 2023, 3:00 am
Just John wrote: October 8th, 2023, 4:02 pm Many are under the impression Biden has sent 6B of American taxpayer directly to Iran which is not the case. I realize money is fungible but Biden lifted the sanctions on S. Korea to pay Iran the $6B for oil delivered several years ago with the provision that it go to banks in Qatar, not in Iran, where it is monitored by the US Treasury to be spent only on humanitarian needs. Nothing has been spent yet.

Carry on.
Note I was specifically pushing back on the claim that "US taxpayer" money was sent that some were claiming early on.

It's pretty clear this was in the planning stages long before sanctions were lifted on the $6b. Although both Israel and the US are not outright fingering Iran on this attack the US has essentially refrozen the money (as they should).
The money is already in Qatar who was basically laundering it for Iran. It’s a symbolic gesture at best.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The previous administration of Bush initiated the Iraq war without securing adequate funding sources, resulting in a massive increase in the national debt. The current Congress, however, has passed a bill that will provide financial assistance to Ukraine. Unlike the Iraq war, this bill will be fully offset by spending cuts and revenue increases, ensuring fiscal responsibility and accountability.

According to a report by the House Committee on Homeland Security, the southern border crisis costs American taxpayers around $451 billion per year for services provided to a record number of illegal aliens under the Biden administration. Congress should find budget cuts to cover this as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
State of the union tonight :D

5 million jobs added back since covid :D

10+ million new illegals ready to work for cheap :cry:

Wages up 2% :D

Food up 20%. Energy up 12% :cry:
Last edited by TH Spangler on March 7th, 2024, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought Joe showed good vigor and stamina. But his problem campaign-wise is tonight was well-rehearsed. He had home field advantage tonight. Can he last a campaign? I have my doubts. If they’re smart, he just won’t campaign at all. That’s how he won in 2020.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 8th, 2024, 2:13 am I thought Joe showed good vigor and stamina. But his problem campaign-wise is tonight was well-rehearsed. He had home field advantage tonight. Can he last a campaign? I have my doubts. If they’re smart, he just won’t campaign at all. That’s how he won in 2020.
He's a puppet. He'll do what he's told. To me their Bidenomic feels like one step forward, two steps backwards. They brag about adding 5m jobs, while at the same time add 10m new illegal job seakers. And about wages going up a couple percent, while inflation has groceries and and gas up 20% the past 3 years.
Last edited by TH Spangler on March 8th, 2024, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I watched about 30-40 minutes of it. It felt like he was constantly yelling at people. His energy was good at the start but then faded a bit (better living through chemistry baby!) and I noticed he had a tremor in his right hand. The substance of the speech was trash but this was about performance art not substance. He probably stopped his free fall in the polls. Also I’d be surprised to see him until next week while he recovers
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Imagine how crazy the MSM would have gone if Trump had deployed federal troops, (nation guard), to police the subways and streets of NY.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He floated that idea for Chicago and was excoriated for it
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]