This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Biden has absolutely failed in almost every area. He hasnt done much he promised his base so they are upset at him but the jokes on them because he hasn't done much of anything. He keeps hoping congress somehow bails him out. But congress is far more interested in making Biden look worse than making things better. It's typical DC politics but it sucks.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 20th, 2022, 6:22 pm Biden has absolutely failed in almost every area. He hasnt done much he promised his base so they are upset at him but the jokes on them because he hasn't done much of anything. He keeps hoping congress somehow bails him out. But congress is far more interested in making Biden look worse than making things better. It's typical DC politics but it sucks.
Simply put, we lack common sense. Think about it, why can't we do the simplest of things and fund the chips act? And why is our energy policy so confusing, disjointed & absurd?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 29th, 2022, 9:38 am
thepostman wrote: June 20th, 2022, 6:22 pm Biden has absolutely failed in almost every area. He hasnt done much he promised his base so they are upset at him but the jokes on them because he hasn't done much of anything. He keeps hoping congress somehow bails him out. But congress is far more interested in making Biden look worse than making things better. It's typical DC politics but it sucks.
Simply put, we lack common sense. Think about it, why can't we do the simplest of things and fund the chips act? And why is our energy policy so confusing, disjointed & absurd?
First thing we need to realize is Biden isn't incharge. He's just an opportunist with a big mouth getting rich selling access.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Biden has actually delivered for his base. Make war on energy, technology, and innovation. And, we're the ones paying the price. Dem party is simply not up to the task in the modern tech age.

Time has passed them by. They need new blood and better ideas.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No he hasn't delivered for them. His base thinks he is too moderate. As someone who leans right, that is hard to grasp but it is the reality. One of the many reasons there is more talk of making sure he doesn't run for re-election.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 30th, 2022, 8:47 am No he hasn't delivered for them. His base thinks he is too moderate. As someone who leans right, that is hard to grasp but it is the reality. One of the many reasons there is more talk of making sure he doesn't run for re-election.
But who will they run? Mayor Pete keeps popping up here and there but he will get shellacked over supply chain and fuel. Kamala? Her negatives are higher than Biden. Bernie has already said he won’t run. I think HRC said she’s out. So that leaves really only one heavy hitter left and I am pretty sure they don’t want it. Could be wrong though.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Pretty significant Supreme Court EPA ruling, which was West Virginia based. EPA's powers are now limited. Dems won't be able to legislate against it because of WV Sen. Joe Manchin.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Back to Back COVID diagnosis Seems convenient. Or karma after mocking the last person who got COVID and held that office
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:28 am Pretty significant Supreme Court EPA ruling, which was West Virginia based. EPA's powers are now limited. Dems won't be able to legislate against it because of WV Sen. Joe Manchin.
Oh well. Schumer must have something on EpiPen Manchin. :lol: Flipped him like a hotcake.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Biden still testing positive for Rona. I think the ‘bounce back’ is lasting longer than the initial infection. Unless he had a False negative. In which case his Rona is lasting a really long time
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Good thing they don't check for brain waves, he would be stuck there until 2024. I pray he stays alive until then. The only thing worse than big joey would be Harris.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For better or for worse (I’m firmly in the Worse camp) the Biden Administration is getting a lot of their agenda enacted.
They were able to bribe Manchin to get the BBB bill passed. And now have immediately jettisoned him as The Squad and other want to nix the Mountain Valley Pipeline and other WV friendly initiatives
Now we have him forgiving student loans. Or at least pausing them. It’s kinda murky. But the single mother with a GED is now on the hook for the Liberal Arts/Slavic Language Degree holder from some hoi poli NE school.
I remember being told that Anyone would be better than Trump. If this is their ‘Better’ they can keep it
rtb72, flamehunter liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
A pause on the loans until 12/31 seems likely. If you have student loans and are looking forward to the 10K/20K getting wiped out, don't spend your savings yet. IF Biden signs an EO for this, it is not likely to stand. Lawsuits will be filed immediately after a signing and all changes will be on hold until a decision is reached. The court challenges to Biden's EO's have not been favorable to him. Political grandstanding for fall election favor is once again overplaying his hand.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: August 25th, 2022, 9:22 am Political grandstanding for fall election favor is once again overplaying his hand.
Perhaps. However, if the "right wing fanatical Supreme Court" (in their eyes) puts the kibosh on this, it provides more fuel for the other side... and as of right now it appears that Biden will pick up senate seats, not lose them.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The actual loan forgiveness aspect of this is up for debate, but I am a fan of the interest cap for low-income borrowers who are making their monthly payments. I know plenty of people who make their payments only to see the loan total continue to grow.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 25th, 2022, 11:01 am The actual loan forgiveness aspect of this is up for debate, but I am a fan of the interest cap for low-income borrowers who are making their monthly payments. I know plenty of people who make their payments only to see the loan total continue to grow.
I’m all for a reevaluation and over haul of how Student loans are handled. But this is not that. This is ‘better’
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if it's being spoiled by low cost of living here in Lynchburg, but the income caps seem way too high. If you're a single person making 125k, you should be able to take care of your loans.
By Ill flame
stokesjokes wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:03 pm I don't know if it's being spoiled by low cost of living here in Lynchburg, but the income caps seem way too high. If you're a single person making 125k, you should be able to take care of your loans.
Considering this is backed by democrats and its geared primarily toward their constituents it makes sense. Democrat voters overwhelmingly come from high cost of living cities where $125k is middle class. Extreme example but $125k in San Francisco is roughly the equivalent of $36k in lynchburg.
stokesjokes liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
This could of been a ton worse is how i'm looking at it. now it will go to the courts to try and determine if this is too far a stretch in using the Hope Act. who knows.
By sstaedtler
What concerns me most is Biden using big tech and the IRS, FBI, and DOJ as political operatives against his political opponents. This is the type of stuff that happens in 3rd world countries. They have people still in prison from January 6th that have been doing nothing. In a free country, we should be able to question elections (non violently). Some Democrats did it in previous Republican elections. Regardless of your thoughts on the student loan thing, it was unconstitutional. Even Nancy Pelosi previously said he doesn't have the authority. It will cause more inflation and colleges to raise their prices.

Of course, trying to take away school lunches of kids whose schools don't teach trans ideology to 3rd graders is one of the most disgraceful things I think I have ever seen or heard.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
His speech on guns yesterday was so full of falsehoods (AR 15 fires a bullet 5 times faster than any other gun) and non sequiturs it was chilling. People believed it. And of course people believe this is ‘better’
flameshaw liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 31st, 2022, 7:03 am His speech on guns yesterday was so full of falsehoods (AR 15 fires a bullet 5 times faster than any other gun) and non sequiturs it was chilling. People believed it. And of course people believe this is ‘better’
This clown has no idea what he is talking about, at least 99% of the time. But hey he isn't Trump. SMH.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]