This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You may be right but Hillary was always a horrible candidate and didn't have much appeal with a lot of people who settled and voted for Trump. Biden may not be a great candidate either but he was still well liked with swing voters and I think he still would've been a bigger challenge to Trump than Hillary ended up being in swing states. But ultimately, Trump probably still would have pulled it off.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
D's need to find someone asap. When R's win back the house Joe is finished. Hearing on he and Hunter are coming. Issues should have been reveled before 2016.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What would be great is if the R's would focus on conservative ideals and not stoop to the D's level and go on one witch hunt after the next. That is wishful thinking though. But really I'm all for gridlock in Washington. Can't screw things up too much if they aren't doing anything :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 29th, 2022, 12:59 pm What would be great is if the R's would focus on conservative ideals and not stoop to the D's level and go on one witch hunt after the next. That is wishful thinking though. But really I'm all for gridlock in Washington. Can't screw things up too much if they aren't doing anything :lol:
Tried that doesn't work. Our countries economy and freedoms are being compromised by foreign money.
Last edited by TH Spangler on January 29th, 2022, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 29th, 2022, 12:59 pm What would be great is if the R's would focus on conservative ideals and not stoop to the D's level and go on one witch hunt after the next. That is wishful thinking though. But really I'm all for gridlock in Washington. Can't screw things up too much if they aren't doing anything :lol:
Unilateral disarmament isn’t a good policy
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Getting elected and governing have become mutually exclusive.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 29th, 2022, 12:07 pm D's need to find someone asap. When R's win back the house Joe is finished. Hearing on he and Hunter are coming. Issues should have been reveled before 2016.
Give me Joe Manchin
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 29th, 2022, 6:08 am
alabama24 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 8:21 pm 2016 was an election of two unelectable people. The party choice of Biden was an (over) reaction to the (unelectable) Hillary. Biden was a bland, electable candidate. If Biden had been the candidate in 2016, he'd have won. Easily.
And we would have been 4 years further along in our decline.
No. The "decline" would have just been a decline in different ways.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:34 pm
TH Spangler wrote: January 29th, 2022, 12:07 pm D's need to find someone asap. When R's win back the house Joe is finished. Hearing on he and Hunter are coming. Issues should have been reveled before 2016.
Give me Joe Manchin
Manchin Gabbard would beat Trump. DeSantis Scott would do better agaisnt those two.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:38 am I disagree. He would not have been treated with the fawning he is now. He would have actually had to go out and campaign, something he didn’t do in 2020. Which was brilliant strategy and would not have worked in 2016
You can disagree, but you'd be wrong. :lol: 8)

1. I wrote: "If Biden had been the candidate." That implies that he got through the primaries. Once he was the DNC candidate, of course he would be "fawned" over.
2. On the other hand, Trump was "fawned over" (don't dare say he wasn't) UNTIL he won the nomination.
3. Biden was barely electable this go around. In 2016 he was much more "electable." His age and health made him much less electable this go around. I still don't believe he will make it to the end of this term without significant health issues.
4. The Hiden Biden strategy was a brilliant strategy because 1) His health and 2) His challenge to keep moderates, progressives, independents, and "disgusted with trump republicans" in play.
5. In 2016, Trump won many moderate, blue collar Democrats. Biden would have been able to keep many more of those than Hillary did. In 2020, Trump lost enough of those to cost him the election.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah but you expect that from a democrat. When a person who is a representative from the conservative party I don't expect to hear that kind of craziness. OK, I expect it now because that is where we are but it isn't true to conservative ideals. That is why I am always way more critical of republicans when they try to use the government to overreach than I am for democrats. I am less shocked by how little fellow conservatives feel about republicans using the government to do their bidding than I use to be but it sure is sad to see.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I don’t recall Trump asking for specific people to be fired. Or that the WH put pressure on organizations to fire anyone. Sure he sparred with them. But that was mutually beneficial.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
That was some very poorly sourced reporting by Jennifer Griffin.

Her source was probably NPR's Greg Myre.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 1:13 pm I don’t recall Trump asking for specific people to be fired. Or that the WH put pressure on organizations to fire anyone. Sure he sparred with them. But that was mutually beneficial.
There's an interesting article in Bloomberg today regarding Biden and Tesla. Biden is supposedly all-in for EV and addressing climate change. Yet he dismisses Tesla. Why?

Musk is no conservative. He's a freethinker. Dems don't like it.
Last edited by paradox on February 2nd, 2022, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 1:59 pm That was some very poorly sourced reporting by Jennifer Griffin.

Her source was probably NPR's Greg Myre.
Ahh so it is ok for the president to call for the firing of someone from a private business if you agree with it but if not, then it is a no go. Got it.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Trump was crazy. Even silly at times. And it was entertaining to watch. However, he didn't actually impose on anyone's rights or force something against the public will. The closest thing that could be loosely interpreted that way would be the three Judges appointed to the court. A GOP president usually appoints one liberal judge for good measure. Trump didn't do that. Turned out to be a savvy move. Without it, he'd be over at this stage. He would be diminished to a fringe candidate, lacking wider appeal within the party.
Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
By definition he'd pretty much have to be. As it's well understood that he's obviously an Islamophobic Russian Nazi Zionist Cracker.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Seems Vindman's Ukraine is center stage again.

Was afraid this kind of mess would happen with Jake Sullivan and company leading. :?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Hope Sullivan welcomes as many Ukraine refugees as possible. They value liberty and freedom and don't care for communism. I won't hold my breath 😞
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
This is unreal. But like they say, truth is stranger than fiction. Apparently, the Biden administration is reporting that a battalion of angry middle-aged Karens has been dispatched to Ukraine in order to yell at the Russians. However, upon landing in Europe, they began yelling at each other instead. The yelling ensued after an unexpected outbreak of carpal tunnel syndrome combined with gassy hot flashes. NATO is guaranteeing their immediate and safe return to the US.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 11th, 2022, 3:39 pm Seems Vindman's Ukraine is center stage again.

Was afraid this kind of mess would happen with Jake Sullivan and company leading. :?
Sullivan's fault Putin invaded Ukraine?

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]