This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
:roll:

Ok man. Let's say you're right, which I don't believe you are, why put that on our military to fix? The military has enough to worry about, fixing troubled youth shouldn't be added to fhat.

But I digress. This has nothing to do with Biden.

It was pretty obvious he was a 1 term president even with taking age out of the equation. I doubt that many are surprised. It would be great if 2024 brought better choices but that doesn't appear to be in the cards.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The military can be involved in "nation building", and our nation could use some rebuilding.

The Democrats will never have a good candidate again for President in our lifetime. 99% of the party are among the worst individuals in the country. Their only goal is destroy America.
TH Spangler liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 10:03 am You know the world is crazy when the evangelicals start quoting Sam Harris :lol:
There is a substantial list of things Sam has said that I have no problem quoting him on. The "there is no God" arguments are not on that list. 8)
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 12:51 pm
thepostman wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:39 am Putting that burden on the military isn't an efficient use of the military.

On top of that, there are plenty of hard working young people in our country. Your statement isn't based on anything factual.
The facts are in my eyes. I see them every day.
So are cataracts
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
CEO from gaming developer Tripwire, forced to step down, after tweeting that he favored the Texas heartbeat ban, and thought it necessary to "freely" voice that, since so many on the other side have been expressing opposing opinions.

Couldn't be any clearer. Freedom isn't legally gone yet...but functionally, it's disappearing before our eyes.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:26 am Freedom isn't legally gone yet...but functionally, it's disappearing before our eyes.
Yes, but that goes both ways. "Cancel culture" isn't just liberals against conservatives. And it isn't new... just the term is.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
We're not talking about Baptist Bible camp here. We're talking about the mainstream culture at large. Where most of of reside, earn our livings, and socialize.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 2:14 pm We're not talking about Baptist Bible camp here. We're talking about the mainstream culture at large.
That is what I am talking about as well.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Forget the labels for a moment. There is a growing ideological orthodoxy that should be concerning to all those who value basic Western liberties. Most people lean somewhere closer to the middle. So, this matters to all, regardless which direction you lean.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Caller to CSPAN's Washington Journal suggested a Google search for "world health organization build back better".

He pointed out that "build back better" is typical Democrat play on worlds. It's a globalist agenda. Exact opposite of "make America great again". :|
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Im watching Anthony Blinkin testify before the Senate about his Afghanistan disaster. Here's some interesting information from Wikipedia about his private sector interest.

Private sector
WestExec Advisors

In 2017, Blinken co-founded WestExec Advisors, a political strategy advising firm, with Michèle Flournoy, Sergio Aguirre, and Nitin Chadda.[48][49] WestExec's clients have included Google's Jigsaw, Israeli artificial-intelligence company Windward, surveillance drone manufacturer Shield AI, which signed a $7.2 million contract with the Air Force,[50] and "Fortune 100 types".[51] According to Foreign Policy, the firm's clientele includes "the defense industry, private equity firms, and hedge funds".[52] Blinken received almost $1.2 million in compensation from WestExec.[53]

In an interview with The Intercept, Flournoy described WestExec's role as facilitating relationships between Silicon Valley firms and the Department of Defense and law enforcement;[54] Flournoy and others compared WestExec to Kissinger Associates.[54][55]

Pine Island Capital Partners

Blinken, as well as other Biden transition team members Michele Flournoy, former Pentagon advisor, and Lloyd Austin, Secretary of Defense, are partners of private equity firm Pine Island Capital Partners,[56][57] a strategic partner of WestExec.[58] Pine Island's chairman is John Thain, the final chairman of Merrill Lynch before its sale to Bank of America.[59] Blinken went on leave from Pine Island in August 2020 to join the Biden campaign as a senior foreign policy advisor.[57] He said he would divest himself of his equity stake in Pine Island if confirmed for a position in the Biden administration.[58]

During the final stretch of Biden's presidential campaign, Pine Island raised $218 million for a Special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), a public offering to invest in "defense, government service and aerospace industries" and COVID-19 relief, which the firm's prospectus (initially filed with the U.S. SEC in September and finalized on November 13, 2020) predicted would be profitable as the government looked to private contractors to address the pandemic.[57] Thain said he chose the other partners because of their "access, network and expertise".[50]

In a December 2020 New York Times article raising questions about potential conflicts of interest between WestExec principals, Pine Island advisors, including Blinken, and service in the Biden administration, critics called for full disclosure of all WestExec/Pine Island financial relationships, divestiture of ownership stakes in companies bidding on government contracts or enjoying existing contracts, and assurances that Blinken and others recuse themselves from decisions that might advantage their previous clients.[50]

Blinken is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[60] As of 2020, he was a global affairs analyst for CNN.[61][62]
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:26 am CEO from gaming developer Tripwire, forced to step down, after tweeting that he favored the Texas heartbeat ban, and thought it necessary to "freely" voice that, since so many on the other side have been expressing opposing opinions.

Couldn't be any clearer. Freedom isn't legally gone yet...but functionally, it's disappearing before our eyes.
And his actions caused them to lose a ton of business. You cost your company a ton of business and you can bet your job is going to be in jeopardy.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
In the situation that we find ourselves in culturally, it's certainly plausible that a CEO going against the puritanical mob, could impact a corporation's bottom line. However, if we refuse to value our freedoms, they will fade. It really doesn't matter whether you or I would've done it that way. Take the gay-cake case for example, would I make a an issue of that as a Christian, if I were in that line of work? You're gonna have a hard time convincing me that making that cake would be objectionable to my faith. But this guy thought it was. So, I wouldn't have done it that way personally, but I support separation of powers and conscientious objections.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The Biden administration has been openly calling anyone who wants to restrict the flow of illegal immigrants across the southern border "racists" because most of them were brown-skinned Latinos from Central America. Now we have over 10,000 black Haitians under a bridge in Del Rio Texas, who because of the total chaos in Haiti following the assassination of their President have a MUCH better argument for political asylum than anyone in Honduras or Nicaragua, and they are loading them on planes and flying them back to Port-au-Prince.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Many of these Haitians escaped to Latin American 8 or 9 years ago and faced impossible racism there. They should be at the front of the line. Biden seems to purposely do the wrong thing. :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:28 am Many of these Haitians escaped to Latin American 8 or 9 years ago and faced impossible racism there. They should be at the front of the line. Biden seems to purposely do the wrong thing. :dontgetit
Correct. Between this and the Cuban situation, they have everything totally bass-akwards. It's a shameless strategy to try to load the country with future Democrat voters.

The path out of Haiti has been mainly through Equador, the only country which allowed Haitians to enter with just a passport. This group is a mixture of post-earthquake refugees and more recent ones fleeing the current chaos following the assassination. A lot of them were in Brazil for several years.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 18th, 2021, 2:32 pm
TH Spangler wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:28 am Many of these Haitians escaped to Latin American 8 or 9 years ago and faced impossible racism there. They should be at the front of the line. Biden seems to purposely do the wrong thing. :dontgetit
Correct. Between this and the Cuban situation, they have everything totally bass-akwards. It's a shameless strategy to try to load the country with future Democrat voters.

The path out of Haiti has been mainly through Equador, the only country which allowed Haitians to enter with just a passport. This group is a mixture of post-earthquake refugees and more recent ones fleeing the current chaos following the assassination. A lot of them were in Brazil for several years.
Haitians leaving Latin America to get away from discrimination, coming to the best country in the world, the land of opportunity for all. You don't see them trying to get into Venezuela.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Trigger warning for crowd profanity. Do you think she actually believed that was what they were chanting? :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
"Let's go Brandon!" is trending on Twitter. Could it become a Liberty-friendly version of the original our student section can use this week? Paging the Jokers.
Purple Haize liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
If there was a list of cringiest, bag-on-head-embarrassing things the student section could do during a game, that would be on it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:56 am If there was a list of cringiest, bag-on-head-embarrassing things the student section could do during a game, that would be on it
What? Heck no. That would be awesome. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it replaced FJB at events
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]