This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 25th, 2021, 8:43 am Looks like Biden has flipped just about everything Trump accomplished .... except where the US embassy is located in Israel.
He re opened those Trump “Concentration Camps”
Chippy, TH Spangler liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
First month has been a train wreck. IMO - he's already the worst president in history and it's only been a month... And it's only going to worse. So much for unity...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So far, the parties to the middle east accords Kushner/Pompeo/Grinnell and company negotiated are standing firm. US democrats seem to be the only ones who don't realize how despicable Iran is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: February 25th, 2021, 1:24 pm So far, the parties to the middle east accords Kushner/Pompeo/Grinnell and company negotiated are standing firm. US democrats seem to be the only ones who don't realize how despicable Iran is.
But Team Biden has signaled their renewed love for all things Iran. So good luck with that
Chippy liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 25th, 2021, 2:32 pm
olldflame wrote: February 25th, 2021, 1:24 pm So far, the parties to the middle east accords Kushner/Pompeo/Grinnell and company negotiated are standing firm. US democrats seem to be the only ones who don't realize how despicable Iran is.
But Team Biden has signaled their renewed love for all things Iran. So good luck with that
I don't see that as changing the fact that much of the middle east now recognizes Iran is their biggest threat and strategic relationships with Israel are to their benefit.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If Iran now has the US being a silent if not out right partner in their schemes along with Russia it will absolutely have an effect.
Chippy, LU 57 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 25th, 2021, 12:36 pm
TH Spangler wrote: February 25th, 2021, 8:43 am Looks like Biden has flipped just about everything Trump accomplished .... except where the US embassy is located in Israel.
He re opened those Trump “Concentration Camps”
No cages he using shipping containers with bared windows.

Our media really exposed itself the past 4 years. The China money spigot at work if you ask me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You guys are brutal. Did someone really say worse president ever after only a month? Hyperbole is certianly alive and well.

I haven't been a huge fan early on but never thought i would be.

As far as Iran goes. He hasn't been sitting idle on them and I don't believe he will.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 25th, 2021, 10:27 pm ...but pretty lost nonetheless.

That Rachel Levine thing today was crazy.
But at least there are no more mean Tweets. Amirite?

LU 57 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 25th, 2021, 8:45 pm You guys are brutal. Did someone really say worse president ever after only a month? Hyperbole is certianly alive and well.

I haven't been a huge fan early on but never thought i would be.

As far as Iran goes. He hasn't been sitting idle on them and I don't believe he will.
I did. He is by far the worst president ever. Tell me how I'm wrong and what he's done in his first month that has benefitted any tax paying American citizen? Our country is about to be thrown into a recession like we have never seen before... If Trump was still president or we kept control of Senate or House - we might have been able to keep the country strong financially. We are now the biggest joke in the world - again...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not going to sit here and defend Biden because I am not a fan and think his decisions will probably lengthen how long it will take to get out of this mess. A mess that was made worse by his predecessor by the way. But Biden isn't handling it well and he isn't bringing anybody together. No argument there.

But the worst president ever? Come on man. You can make your valid points without resorting to the same hyperbole the left resorted to with Trump for the previous 4 years. Once upon a time the right was better than that.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
war is good business ya'll. and we are back in business.
Purple Haize liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:When were we ever out of that business? Pre World War 1 maybe?
sorry bro, trump did less bombing than any president since jimmy carter and de-escelated military conflict all over the world. AND also like carter started no new conflicts. we are just over a month in and back at it.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I've gotta back RM up on this one. Trump rebuilt our depleted military and then proceeded to use it more sparingly and tactically than any president in memory.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:It's getting pretty bad when the French are making more sense than we are.

I was reading and article about how Macron and Merkel were like thanks biden but no thanks to his "WERE BACK" declaration. basically public opinion in the EU along side their leadership is that the US political system is broken. now I know that doesn't matter to west virginia hill people, but it will when we are no longer considered a super power by other world leaders, and we have China catching that rebound (see the EU's recent trade pact with China) Biden has always basically been a dan quayle of the democrat party and now he's president!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: February 26th, 2021, 10:33 am
thepostman wrote:When were we ever out of that business? Pre World War 1 maybe?
sorry bro, trump did less bombing than any president since jimmy carter and de-escelated military conflict all over the world. AND also like carter started no new conflicts. we are just over a month in and back at it.
I don't disagree completely, however...

This isn't a new conflict either. But I get what you're saying.

The money is flowing to defense contractors at record highs. We were never out of the business. It just was a slightly different philosophy.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 10:21 am I'm not going to sit here and defend Biden because I am not a fan and think his decisions will probably lengthen how long it will take to get out of this mess. A mess that was made worse by his predecessor by the way. But Biden isn't handling it well and he isn't bringing anybody together. No argument there.

But the worst president ever? Come on man. You can make your valid points without resorting to the same hyperbole the left resorted to with Trump for the previous 4 years. Once upon a time the right was better than that.
You're a Trump hater... One of the people that got us into this mess, because you didn't like his harsh words on twitter and that he wasn't marrying material... Tell me what Trump did to make COVID worse? I will wait. And while I'm waiting I will add a little commentary. Presidents don't make calls during a pandemics - governors and state's do. The Presidents role is to restrict International travel - which he did earlier then the left wanted him too - and to make sure we have supplies and resources for states when they need them. Which he did. Obama left this country bare when it comes to PPE, but despite what the Media told you - Trump did a remarkable job getting PPE, Ventilators and life saving medical vessels brought to Cities that needed them (and they didn't even need them). He kept our economy going, while the left played politics and he did all this while fighting against the left and the media that did all they can to keep the sheep fed. It's not about the person in office - it's a bout the policies and values they push for. AND no one that supports Liberty and it's values - should have any question whether Trump fought for Christians and those same values.

Sorry to be blunt, but people are struggling right now and we were making it under Trump - now with Biden, we have little to no chance to recover the next two years. so< yes - he's the worst president in our history, which is amazing, because Obama was President.
TH Spangler liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
To reduce Trump’s flaws to “mean tweets” is either delusional or dishonest. I have to assume you guys know better than that.

And to deny the corrupting influence of a leader’s character is to deny reality.

This is not to give Biden a pass on these things either, but if you’re unwilling to honestly deal with the glaring issues your guy has, your criticism of the other guy bears no weight.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]