This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:09 pm Can't blame Putin. That wouldn't be politically advantageous. Which is all that matters to some.
Putin takes advantage of certain leaders. Praying the current administration seeks advice. Scary situation. 🙏

JJ my post was on Feb 11th.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh I agree. We haven't had strong leadership in the white house my entire adult life. Probably longer. But I have a feeling you don't agree with that.

This is much bigger than us anyways. The world and its problems don't revolve around us all the time.

The good news is, Russia isn't having much success. As of yet anyways.
stokesjokes liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Influence pedaling $$$$. I think it exploded with the Clinton's. China has been the big beneficiary. We'll get turned around hopefully. 🙏
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 27th, 2022, 6:25 pm This is much bigger than us anyways. The world and its problems don't revolve around us all the time.
This has been my major takeaway too, just how self-absorbed we are as Americans. This ain’t about Biden or Trump or our military or whatever pet American issue I’ve seen so many try to shoehorn in. The world is a much bigger place than just our country.
thepostman, Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 27th, 2022, 8:37 pm
thepostman wrote: February 27th, 2022, 6:25 pm This is much bigger than us anyways. The world and its problems don't revolve around us all the time.
This has been my major takeaway too, just how self-absorbed we are as Americans. This ain’t about Biden or Trump or our military or whatever pet American issue I’ve seen so many try to shoehorn in. The world is a much bigger place than just our country.
Agree sonewhat. When you read your Bible you realize what a small piece we are, or will be. 🙏

By the way, Dr Jeremiah's Turning Point program was timely yesterday.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The most positive take so far is the European response. Sadly, we were not in the forefront in terms of justice, sovereignty, and overall human decency with our initial response.

As far Ukraine goes, we'll have to see how it all plays out. What we don't know is what's going on with the Russians. Are they holding back and positioning for concessions or did they get in over their heads with this ground war? Either way, the Ukranian response has been extraordinary.
Last edited by paradox on February 28th, 2022, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sadly? Why? To me, it is encouraging that Europe is stepping up and helping their European allies. Nothing negative about that in my opinion.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That's what I said. European response very positive. Anything but "muted." Also, doesn't appear to be a "minor incursion." This could really escalate. That's the sad part.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You said, "Sadly, we are not on the forefront". Why is that sad? That is encouraging. We have been trying to get Europe to step up for years and years and they haven't. This is a great development, in my opinion.
Purple Haize, Just John liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Sadly, we were not in the freedom forefront with our initial response. Maybe we were too self-absorbed to notice? Administration didn't seem to care about Ukraine back in January.

Maybe this helps. I was having lunch with a friend who happens to be a Democrat. This was about month ago. Biden's comments came up on the screen. "minor incursion" and "muted response." My friend said, "did I just hear what I think I heard?" Did Biden just invite Putin to go in and take Ukraine?" Hopefully, that's not the case. Either way, at the very least, our leadership is as lame as it's ever been.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If Biden has 1 ounce of common sense he will stay away from partisan politics in his state of the union address. But I'm afraid TDS will be all through it.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 27th, 2022, 5:25 pm
thepostman wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:09 pm Can't blame Putin. That wouldn't be politically advantageous. Which is all that matters to some.
Putin takes advantage of certain leaders. Praying the current administration seeks advice. Scary situation. 🙏

JJ my post was on Feb 11th.
I knew that. It was one of the reasons I posted. IMO this is clearly on Putin and doesn't have much to do with Sullivan, or Vindeman, or Biden. (Btw....Vindeman was born in Ukraine but moved here as a toddler. The USA is his country).
Last edited by Just John on February 28th, 2022, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 28th, 2022, 10:15 am If Biden has 1 ounce of common sense he will stay away from partisan politics in his state of the union address. But I'm afraid TDS will be all through it.
Can you name a single SOTU address that didn't include partisan politics? Especially in our lifetime?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Usually when there's a war, a perceived threat, or a heightened terrorist event.....9/11, Gulf War, Berlin Wall, etc. Vietnam and the latter Bush wars would be the exceptions. Biden will play this.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Again, the most positive take from all this is the resolute European response. It's a good thing. Europe rightfully in the driver's seat with Joe & Kamala in the back, giggling & making fart noises.
Last edited by paradox on February 28th, 2022, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know this is probably only the case because of poor leadership from Joe and his team, but in my opinion, this is how it should be. Europe SHOULD be taking the lead in Europe. Maybe if they were forced to step up a long time ago things could be different right now.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Exactly.

Chris Farley said may have said it best.....(Joe), "I wish you could just shut your big yapper."
Last edited by paradox on February 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 28th, 2022, 4:12 pm Again, the most positive take from all this is the resolute European response. It's a good thing. Europe rightfully in the driver's seat with Joe & Kamala in the back, giggling & making fart noises.
Leading from behind
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 28th, 2022, 3:27 pm Usually when there's a war, a perceived threat, or a heightened terrorist event.....9/11, Gulf War, Berlin Wall, etc. Vietnam and the latter Bush wars would be the exceptions. Biden will play this.
Sadly, those are ancient times now. We are longgg past the days when "politics stop at the water's edge". Neither party honors it. It's not like many in the GOP have coalesced around Biden the last week. And the Democrats wouldn't have coalesced around Trump. What amuses me is when advocates of either party think they do it mostly right.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 28th, 2022, 4:16 pm I know this is probably only the case because of poor leadership from Joe and his team, but in my opinion, this is how it should be. Europe SHOULD be taking the lead in Europe. Maybe if they were forced to step up a long time ago things could be different right now.
Agree it's better it's not seen as a US-led initiative. Putin can't make this a US-Russia issue, the focus is clearly where it should be. NATO has come together like it hasn't in a generation, the EU is strengthened. Heck, Germany of all countries has thrown in fully. I think we can all agree we hope there will be something of credit for which they can take.
rtb72 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. I don't want to always be seen as a Biden apologist on this board because there is certainly plenty of valid criticism of him but I think he made the right call here. Making this into a Russia/US thing would've been a huge mistake. Now did he make the right call on purpose or just stumble upon it??? I'll let you all decide :lol:
rtb72 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Russia-Ukraine is both complicated and precarious. No one really knows what to expect or what the future holds. And to make matters worse, the Dem party has pretty much lost its ability to articulate anything intelligible regarding Russia over the past five years.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 28th, 2022, 4:16 pm I know this is probably only the case because of poor leadership from Joe and his team, but in my opinion, this is how it should be. Europe SHOULD be taking the lead in Europe. Maybe if they were forced to step up a long time ago things could be different right now.
I remember when some one really called them out on that only to be mocked and ridiculed by his “approach”. Well no other approach had worked and NATO coffers did increase. So…
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 28th, 2022, 7:56 pm Yeah. I don't want to always be seen as a Biden apologist on this board because there is certainly plenty of valid criticism of him but I think he made the right call here. Making this into a Russia/US thing would've been a huge mistake. Now did he make the right call on purpose or just stumble upon it??? I'll let you all decide :lol:
He didn’t make it anything because he didn’t really do anything
By rtb72
The takeaway here is we have a card we can play that would very possibly be a game changer.....OIL. We unfortunately will not play it.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]