This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:57 am
Yacht Rock wrote:If you don't know the difference between rooting for a country in the Olympics and the hardcore "America First" nationalism the people have been bringing to the table, you're not paying that close attention to the country you claim to love.
He is paying attention and he is buying into the narrative that all things are being destroyed because Biden is apparently sleepy but also capable of ruining our country. How one comes to this conclusion takes a lot of mental gymnastics to say the least. Of course by saying that it must mean I voted for Joe.....except I didn't.
No mental gymnastics needed to understand that because Biden is barely sentient, the far left inmates he has surrounded himself with are running the asylum, and are doing everything they can in the limited time I believe they have to destroy as much of America as we know it as they can.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:20 pm And now all we hear is China, China, China. Good talk. As always.
Russia Russia Rusia was a distraction so no one would notice all the Chinese communist money flowing into certain Americas pockets. Not just hearing it on Fox Business now, CNBC did a long segment on it today. Stick around, change is coming.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
thepostman wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:20 pm And now all we hear is China, China, China. Good talk. As always.
Russia Russia Rusia was a distraction so no one would notice all the Chinese communist money flowing into certain Americas pockets. Not just hearing it on Fox Business now, CNBC did a long segment on it today. Stick around, change is coming.
We have been through this discussion many times. We need to be aware of what both China and Russia are up to but both of our parties are too concerned with making the other look bad instead of actually doing anything to substantially address the problem. You've got people on fhe left saying those on the Right are rhe devil. You've got those on the Right, like many who post here, who think the left is the devil incarnate and willing to do whatever needed to destroy the country. Neither attitude is helpful. Especially as Christians trying to reach a lost world (Jesus juke time)

We fight about the same things so much on this board and I know that is just a reflection of our culture. I am also extremely guilty of this but we shouldn't fall for the human narrative of the day. We should allow our faith to define our beliefs not our beliefs to define our faith. My pastor preached a similar message this weekend and it made me think a lot about how I respond to things on here and how I should do a better job at not allowing myself to be lead by the flesh and here I go doing it again.

Since TH posts long videos nobody ever watches, I will too 🤣.

Here is the sermon from this week.

Maybe I'm taking this whole message board dialogue thing too seriously and maybe it is because I am laid up in bed with a thrown out back but I need to do better in how I respond to things on here. I'm working on it.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:47 pm
thepostman wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:57 am
Yacht Rock wrote:If you don't know the difference between rooting for a country in the Olympics and the hardcore "America First" nationalism the people have been bringing to the table, you're not paying that close attention to the country you claim to love.
He is paying attention and he is buying into the narrative that all things are being destroyed because Biden is apparently sleepy but also capable of ruining our country. How one comes to this conclusion takes a lot of mental gymnastics to say the least. Of course by saying that it must mean I voted for Joe.....except I didn't.
No mental gymnastics needed to understand that because Biden is barely sentient, the far left inmates he has surrounded himself with are running the asylum, and are doing everything they can in the limited time I believe they have to destroy as much of America as we know it as they can.
It’s simple, let him run the country in the morning and take away the keys before he starts sundowning.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
@ postman I'll listen to all of it when I have time. I sampled it, it sounds good.

I agree with most of what you just said. But the interview I linked is still worth listening too. Smith doesn't take sides, right, left, R, D. He only points out what has happen the past 30 years.

Having a biblical would view maybe I'm wrong about a near term change in direction. I think the elites will have their way and we'll continue marching toward a one world government ... at first control by the globalist. If you beleive scripture you know who ultimate takes power.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:47 am If you don't know the difference between rooting for a country in the Olympics and the hardcore "America First" nationalism the people have been bringing to the table, you're not paying that close attention to the country you claim to love.
Not sure what hard-core you're talking about. What Trump was elected on can be symbolized by the olympics. Proud sovereign nations coming together to compete. Each doing their best for their homeland. Competition between friends makes everyone better.

I'm very surprised the olympics haven't been canceled yet. The woke crowd wants a world with no boarders. It's coming soon enough :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I don't know why it really matters how many medals China wins. It's the end of the world anyway.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:24 pm I don't know why it really matters how many medals China wins. It's the end of the world anyway.
No, the rapture comes first jbrock :lol: No one knows when. But no worries for Christian. So enjoy the games. 8)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
You can't make this stuff up.. Biden has officially invited the United Nations Human Rights Council to investigate racism and injustice in America.

The UN council includes Iran, Russia, Cuba, and China. :shock:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
CNN & NY-Post are reporting that four seperate officers who responded to the January 6 Capital riot, have committed suicide, over span of last seven months. Very strange. What's going on?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Unless you want to go full conspiracy and say they’re being “suicided,” I think it’s pretty obvious.

They went through what had to be one of the most traumatic days they’ve had on duty only to come back and have half the country (the half that “backs the blue,” supposedly) minimize their experiences, outright deny them, call them liars, weak, etc, and in some cases villainize them as part of the conspiracy.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:01 am Unless you want to go full conspiracy and say they’re being “suicided,” I think it’s pretty obvious.

They went through what had to be one of the most traumatic days they’ve had on duty only to come back and have half the country (the half that “backs the blue,” supposedly) minimize their experiences, outright deny them, call them liars, weak, etc, and in some cases villainize them as part of the conspiracy.
Was the guy who just committed suicide one of the ones who testified in front of Congress? Because those are really the only ones I’ve seen recently get castigated as weak etc
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Even if that was true, which it isn't, these police officers went through an extremely dramatizing experience. The community that normally supports the police, aren't providing these cops that normal support. Police officers, much like military members, have a hard time reaching out to get mental health help when they need it. Chances are this isn't the only thing contributing to these suicides but it is part of a series of events.

Now in reality, you continuously have politicians downplaying what these guys and girls went through, no wonder they don't want to get the help they so desperately need.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
If you add the guy who died of natural causes a day after the riot, you now have 5 dead officers in 7 months. How many were even there that day? Measured suspicion is valid here.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Measured suspicion is one thing but let's not act like the polticians who claim to "back the blue" haven't made this situation worse. Then you have the group of polticans who always blame the police trying to come to the rescue. It is all rather tiresome. Hypocrisy knows no bounds on Capitol Hill!
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:09 am
stokesjokes wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:01 am Unless you want to go full conspiracy and say they’re being “suicided,” I think it’s pretty obvious.

Was the guy who just committed suicide one of the ones who testified in front of Congress? Because those are really the only ones I’ve seen recently get castigated as weak etc
No, but if they’re seeing their fellow officers called weak for the same stuff that they’re probably feeling and thinking, it would be easy to make that connection.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:47 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:09 am

No, but if they’re seeing their fellow officers called weak for the same stuff that they’re probably feeling and thinking, it would be easy to make that connection.
That’s a lot of qualifiers
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It really isn't. Especially combined with the normal stress police officers are under. Especially ones now marginalized by both the left and the right.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Unlikely. Whatever this is, probably won't be investigated formally. Nothing here helps Biden or the Dems.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 1:02 pm Nothing here helps Biden or the Dems.
:dontgetit

If officers are killing themselves over the events of 1/6 that were organized and antagonized by the GOP, how does that not help Biden or the Dems?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

At 6'9" I wouldn't be surprised if he were th[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]