This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:33 pm To reduce Trump’s flaws to “mean tweets” is either delusional or dishonest. I have to assume you guys know better than that.

And to deny the corrupting influence of a leader’s character is to deny reality.

This is not to give Biden a pass on these things either, but if you’re unwilling to honestly deal with the glaring issues your guy has, your criticism of the other guy bears no weight.
What did Trump do, during his four years, that you would consider flaws? Don't even bring up the capital riot, where those people were let in during trump's speech and half are pleading not-guilty because they say, and can prove, the capital police ushered them inside. That was a staged event by the left to try and impeach Trump. What EO's and or laws did he pass during his four years can you find fault with? No person is perfect, and certainly no President, but if it wasn't for the media - Trump would have went down as one of the best presidents in history and probably still will once dust settles 20 years from now from Biden's reign of terror.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:01 pm
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 10:21 am I'm not going to sit here and defend Biden because I am not a fan and think his decisions will probably lengthen how long it will take to get out of this mess. A mess that was made worse by his predecessor by the way. But Biden isn't handling it well and he isn't bringing anybody together. No argument there.

But the worst president ever? Come on man. You can make your valid points without resorting to the same hyperbole the left resorted to with Trump for the previous 4 years. Once upon a time the right was better than that.
You're a Trump hater... One of the people that got us into this mess, because you didn't like his harsh words on twitter and that he wasn't marrying material... Tell me what Trump did to make COVID worse? I will wait. And while I'm waiting I will add a little commentary. Presidents don't make calls during a pandemics - governors and state's do. The Presidents role is to restrict International travel - which he did earlier then the left wanted him too - and to make sure we have supplies and resources for states when they need them. Which he did. Obama left this country bare when it comes to PPE, but despite what the Media told you - Trump did a remarkable job getting PPE, Ventilators and life saving medical vessels brought to Cities that needed them (and they didn't even need them). He kept our economy going, while the left played politics and he did all this while fighting against the left and the media that did all they can to keep the sheep fed. It's not about the person in office - it's a bout the policies and values they push for. AND no one that supports Liberty and it's values - should have any question whether Trump fought for Christians and those same values.

Sorry to be blunt, but people are struggling right now and we were making it under Trump - now with Biden, we have little to no chance to recover the next two years. so< yes - he's the worst president in our history, which is amazing, because Obama was President.
Postman = Mitt :lol:
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:56 pm
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 10:21 am I'm not going to sit here and defend Biden because I am not a fan and think his decisions will probably lengthen how long it will take to get out of this mess. A mess that was made worse by his predecessor by the way. But Biden isn't handling it well and he isn't bringing anybody together. No argument there.

But the worst president ever? Come on man. You can make your valid points without resorting to the same hyperbole the left resorted to with Trump for the previous 4 years. Once upon a time the right was better than that.
You're a Trump hater... One of the people that got us into this mess, because you didn't like his harsh words on twitter and that he wasn't marrying material... Tell me what Trump did to make COVID worse? I will wait. And while I'm waiting I will add a little commentary. Presidents don't make calls during a pandemics - governors and state's do. The Presidents role is to restrict International travel - which he did earlier then the left wanted him too - and to make sure we have supplies and resources for states when they need them. Which he did. Obama left this country bare when it comes to PPE, but despite what the Media told you - Trump did a remarkable job getting PPE, Ventilators and life saving medical vessels brought to Cities that needed them (and they didn't even need them). He kept our economy going, while the left played politics and he did all this while fighting against the left and the media that did all they can to keep the sheep fed. It's not about the person in office - it's a bout the policies and values they push for. AND no one that supports Liberty and it's values - should have any question whether Trump fought for Christians and those same values.

Sorry to be blunt, but people are struggling right now and we were making it under Trump - now with Biden, we have little to no chance to recover the next two years. so< yes - he's the worst president in our history, which is amazing, because Obama was President.
Sounds like it. Don't see where people like Mitt can make a valid argument when they say nothing other then what the media has been brainwashing them to think for 4 years. Bring up policies that he pushed that were bad. Give me examples of actual events where Trump wasn't fighting for Christians, Minorites and others. Give me examples of things Trump did that hurt families, American, Christians, Freedoms, etc... Not just the ORANGE MAN BAD rhetoric.

We are better then the left, because the reason's I state that I don't like Biden are not personal attacks on him, his family, or his tweets - they are about his policies...
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:50 pm That was a staged event by the left to try and impeach Trump.
Speaking of denying reality...tell Q I said hi.

Slowing refugee resettlement to virtually zero is one. Border child separation is another. He cut Obama’s pandemic response unit right before an actual pandemic.

But I’m not all that hung up on the policies anyway. There’s plenty to like there, but he’s a malignant narcissist, and that matters. He lied basically every day he was in office. He stoked hate, fear, and division constantly. I look around and I see churches divided, I see neighbors, friends, and family speaking in vile ways about others in a way they hadn’t before. We love our enemies, that’s what Christians are supposed to do. I’ve seen too many encouraged and emboldened to hate since Trump showed up.
adam42381 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My number one grievance with Trump has been his fiscal irresponsibility. Not his tweets. I have said that over and over and over again. I think he did a lot of good. He did get in his way a lot and made it difficult to coordinate with local governments during Covid which added to the complexities of why we are still where we are at.

I'm not a Trump hater though. Did I like the guy? No but come on. Let's be adults here.

As far Biden goes. He hasn't done anything that has made many people happy on the left or the right. Centrists seem happy though. I guess.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:14 pm
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:50 pm That was a staged event by the left to try and impeach Trump.

Slowing refugee resettlement to virtually zero is one. Border child separation is another. He cut Obama’s pandemic response unit right before an actual pandemic.

But I’m not all that hung up on the policies anyway. There’s plenty to like there, but he’s a malignant narcissist, and that matters. He lied basically every day he was in office. He stoked hate, fear, and division constantly. I look around and I see churches divided, I see neighbors, friends, and family speaking in vile ways about others in a way they hadn’t before. We love our enemies, that’s what Christians are supposed to do. I’ve seen too many encouraged and emboldened to hate since Trump showed up.
And you think people that voted for Trump were the ones creating division in churches, neighborhoods, etc...?

He lied? What lies? Again - you know how politics work, right? I personally think Trump was the most honest President we have ever had - that's why the left hated him. You can't honestly say anything about lying if you voted for Biden - his lies are epic and on video everywhere. What Universities did he attend again?

You're issues are right off left's narrative list. Refugee Camps, Child separation … Both issues that we have dealt with for the last 100 years and every country deals with.

QAnon is a joke and has nothing to do with anything. Can't wait until they prove that the left paid the capital riot leaders... Somebody will break. but unfortunately the left and media will spin it again and the naïve will believe them.

Trump didn't show any hate towards anyone - just keep watching CNN and living in a fantasy world.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:22 pm My number one grievance with Trump has been his fiscal irresponsibility. Not his tweets. I have said that over and over and over again. I think he did a lot of good. He did get in his way a lot and made it difficult to coordinate with local governments during Covid which added to the complexities of why we are still where we are at.

I'm not a Trump hater though. Did I like the guy? No but come on. Let's be adults here.

As far Biden goes. He hasn't done anything that has made many people happy on the left or the right. Centrists seem happy though. I guess.
OK - I'll bite. What did he do that was fiscally irresponsible? Can't wait to hear this...
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:30 pm

And you think people that voted for Trump were the ones creating division in churches, neighborhoods, etc...?

He lied? What lies? Again - you know how politics work, right? I personally think Trump was the most honest President we have ever had - that's why the left hated him. You can't honestly say anything about lying if you voted for Biden - his lies are epic and on video everywhere. What Universities did he attend again?

You're issues are right off left's narrative list. Refugee Camps, Child separation … Both issues that we have dealt with for the last 100 years and every country deals with.

QAnon is a joke and has nothing to do with anything. Can't wait until they prove that the left paid the capital riot leaders... Somebody will break. but unfortunately the left and media will spin it again and the naïve will believe them.

Trump didn't show any hate towards anyone - just keep watching CNN and living in a fantasy world.
Speaking of “narratives”, I don’t like Trump, so I must have voted for Biden and watch CNN :roll:

“Trump was the most honest president we have ever had” and “Trump didn’t show any hate towards anyone” and I’m the one living in a fantasy world?

You can like his policies, you can dismiss his character as irrelevant. We can disagree about that one, that’s just opinion. But you’re not in touch with reality if you think those statements are true.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:31 pm
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:22 pm My number one grievance with Trump has been his fiscal irresponsibility. Not his tweets. I have said that over and over and over again. I think he did a lot of good. He did get in his way a lot and made it difficult to coordinate with local governments during Covid which added to the complexities of why we are still where we are at.

OK - I'll bite. What did he do that was fiscally irresponsible? Can't wait to hear this...
I mean that seems really obvious. The national debt grew under him faster than any President in US history. He is a life long Democrat and spent like one.

He was pretty conservative on a lot of social issues but not on fiscal issues. Not by a long shot.

This isn't a controversial take. It is one many fiscal conservatives have discussed for a while now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:56 pm

Postmitten :D :D :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:31 pm

I’ll answer that.....where was his budget proposals? Why did he continue to sign omnibus bills and CR’s? Even when he had House control? It’s my biggest disappointment with his Administration by far. It’s also my biggest disappointment with the Paul Ryan/Never Trump types.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

Are you saying these are BAD things? :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:07 pm
I’ll answer that.....where was his budget proposals? Why did he continue to sign omnibus bills and CR’s? Even when he had House control? It’s my biggest disappointment with his Administration by far. It’s also my biggest disappointment with the Paul Ryan/Never Trump types.
I know many on here view me as a a never Trunper but this is the big issue i have always agreed with. The spending spiraled way out of control.

Seemed pretty obvious to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:24 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:07 pm
I know many on here view me as a a never Trunper but this is the big issue i have always agreed with. The spending spiraled way out of control.

Seemed pretty obvious to me.
I’m glad we agree Postmittens. As time goes by I’m actually becoming more upset with the Never Trumpers on this issue. It would have been SO EASY for Ryan et al to have a Budget and say “Here’s what we got. It’s great. You should sign it. Here are 5 talking points” and it could have happened. Trump is a top line guy. Present your idea. Tell him why it agrees with him and is awesome and away you go. I have no idea (other than ego) why they didn’t. He was a neophyte to how things were done and they could have worked together for even more greatness. But didn’t.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:09 pm

I mean, having the pandemic response unit active seems like it might have come in handy. And we’ve already litigated the refugee piece.

I’ll add another one that’s sure to get some pushback here: we had more federal executions under Trump than any president in the last 120 years.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
You can not judge him on national debt during a pandemic. Sorry. He got us out of the expensive paris accord and for China to pay tariffs. He was for smaller government, but no president was going to lower national debt when they are spending trillions extra because of a pandemic. Biden will do so much worse. Look at this next fake relief Bill. 1.9 trillion. 8% going to help citizens.

And postman - guessing who you voted for and what you watch is not a narrative. And $100 said you voted for Biden.... ;)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:58 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 26th, 2021, 5:09 pm

I mean, having the pandemic response unit active seems like it might have come in handy. And we’ve already litigated the refugee piece.

I’ll add another one that’s sure to get some pushback here: we had more federal executions under Trump than any president in the last 120 years.
You might wanna give that thing about 30 seconds more thought. IF the Pandemic response team he repurposed (read what it actually did and he actually did) had actually been efficient and worth a darn then they’d have had something to show for it. They didn’t.
And are you saying the increase in Federal execution is a bad thing? :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Pro life from womb to the tomb is growing more common for sure. I only brought up Trump's spending because it is the only thing I disagreed with him on that I knew (minus prototype) others would agree with me on.

There are a few others, like the use of the death penalty, that I disagree with but I know those aren't popular beliefs around here so there was no point.

Overall, policy wise I like more of what Trump did than what Biden has done so far. With that said, there are far more similarities than differences which is why many on the left are starting to stir a bit more with every passing day.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So apparently Jill was yelling at Joe that it's nap time & he wouldn't listen so then Hunter called and said "Pops. Mom's serious" and he misheard and y'know, bombed Syria.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Whelp, I've been waiting to see which crisis demarcates used to make the rest of us pay for blue state, lavish public sector union benefits (pensions, retirement healthcare).

For the past 30 years they have promised their government employee constituents unfunded promises, in return for their votes so they could stay in power. Knowing full well you and I would have to come up with it one day ...... even though many of us lost our employer defined pensions and retirement healthcare years ago.

Covin-19 is the winner :!:

And we get a $1400 distraction to not noticed. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on March 1st, 2021, 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By cruzan_flame13
You guys still believe politicians and government as whole represent and fight for the American people? The military industrial complex has really done its job/agenda quite well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Biden's boarder crisis is a symptom of us spending the past 30 years choosing to do business with the Chinese communist government. Sending jobs there instead of South and Central America. Combination of poor government oversight and Americian greed. Now corporate multinationals are trying to take complete control of our government.

All a sign of the times.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]