This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 7th, 2020, 5:03 pm I think Biden wants to bring people together.

I think the far left wants to continue the division.

The hope is he’s strong enough to not give in to them.
He’s not strong. It’s a fading hope
By cruzan_flame13
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:21 pm He’s our sweet, dottering old grandpa, which I’d take over hateful, unhinged, ranting grandpa.
Yes that man who called minorities savages and don't want them dangering his wife and kids. Such a loving man who does whatever possible to get that check, courtesy of the taxpayer.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:21 pm He’s our sweet, dottering old grandpa, which I’d take over hateful, unhinged, ranting grandpa.
I’ll take fun party grandpa over my sitting on a rocking chair grandpa.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:41 pm
I’m confused. Were you running?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:43 pm
I mean if we are talking about grandpas. I’ll take the fun one over the one in the rocker
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:54 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:43 pm

I mean if we are talking about grandpas. I’ll take the fun one over the one in the rocker
What's a fun Grandpa do?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 7th, 2020, 5:03 pm I think Biden wants to bring people together.

I don’t. I think it’s a nice line that gets you elected. Nothing about his actions over a 49-year government career indicates he wants to bring people together ... unless they see things completely his way already. He just wants to get elected, and leverage power for gain.

You are correct about the far left.

He’s not strong enough, but It wouldn’t matter if he was. He’d have to actually want to unite the country to gear up for a fight for the unity of it.

Some people (not you, @Jonathan Carone) are so preoccupied with being perceived as impartial and balanced that they never stand for anything.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 9:22 pm

I don’t. I think it’s a nice line that gets you elected. Nothing about his actions over a 49-year government career indicates he wants to bring people together ... unless they see things completely his way already. He just wants to get elected, and leverage power for gain.

He’s not strong enough, but It wouldn’t matter if he was. He’d have to actually want to unite the country to gear up for a fight for the unity of it.

Some people (not you, @Jonathan Carone) are so preoccupied with being perceived as impartial and balanced that they never stand for anything.
Not sure he was much of a “United” in the Senate. Maybe you should ask Justice Thomas about that. But he did say he knew what was best for (non whites) so maybe I’m wrong. But in his reduced mental state he will just be a figurehead at best and shuffled off most likely
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:50 pm
JK37 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Not sure he was much of a “United” in the Senate. Maybe you should ask Justice Thomas about that. But he did say he knew what was best for (non whites) so maybe I’m wrong. But in his reduced mental state he will just be a figurehead at best and shuffled off most likely
I'm satingvthis with love, but you are wrong (trust me, you want to be wrong). He proudly admitted that he designed the Crime Bill in '94 and was pro-segregation(probably still for it when he has moments of where he is). Even Kamala brought mentioned it (when it seemed beneficial for her political career). The issue is that non whites can not see that non white politicians care about their paycheck and use their anger and trauma for their benefit.

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs." ~Booker T. Washington (Republican)

This still applies today in entertainment/politics and "leaders" in red lines communities(mostly Democratically controlled).
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Giuliani thumb drive? As potus can Joe pardon Hunter of the crimes found on the laptop from hell, crimes against a child? Money laundering? Failing to register as a foreign agent? It's amazing how they just make these issues disappear?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Regardless of how many media members state that the election is decided, this is going to continue for a number of weeks. If you personally can't handle the anxiety, you may want to ignore it until it's over.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... oming.html
I realized that I, like millions of others, had been numbed into despondency by the overwhelming press, media, social media push to certify President-Elect Biden. (I put that in there so you can see how repellent it is.)

Hey guys, this thing is not only not over; it is scary for Biden. I mean really scary, and most of all, the media know it. Thus, the rush to get everyone in line with the narrative that a 78-year-old, early-dementia former V.P., who could not draw a crowd larger than a dozen, just beat D.J. in a fair election.

Process that for a moment.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
“Remove the after 8:00 P.M. ballots, and Biden loses Pennsylvania. Biden 270.”

The after 8pm ballots aren’t included in the current count and Biden is already winning.

“Lots of stories out there, well below the Google fold, that there are way more Wisconsin votes than there are registered voters.”

This has also been repeatedly debunked. A mixture of bad numbers and Wisconsin allowing same-day registration.

On Nevada:
“Within 72 hours of the election, the Trump team found, validated over 3,500 of them. I do not suspect that Trump's people stopped counting.”

In Nevada, if you move within 30 days of the election, you still vote in Nevada. The Republicans’ list also included overseas military ballots.

The “130,000 Biden-only ballots” in Michigan was from a data entry error. Someone accidentally made a decimal point error in entering Biden votes in a county. In the next update, they were removed.

I am not going to go through the rest, but that’s just a taste- conspiracy bloggers regurgitation claims that have been debunked repeatedly. It’s over.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
No hate, but no respect either for the Dem party. It's obvious they participated in the chaos that's gone on in the streets, in congress and in the media the past 4 years, just to try and unseat Trump. They could careless what damage it has done to the nation.

48% of the country stood up to it. That's a lot of people to deal with the next 4 years :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You seem to be ignoring the fact that these discrepancies actually happened. You are also under the assumption these were the only ones.
Look I’m resigned to the fact that Biden (soon to be Harris) will be POTUS. But I’m all for letting them Duke it out until the end and won’t easily dismiss some claims. Although the Watermark one seems far fetched.

(On a side note where is good ole @BuryYourDuke )
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
You seem content that there is no fraud going on. I don't believe that. There has been consistent fraud over the years in certain cities. That has not been a secret. Everything seems a little too coordinated this year. It seems that some got a little overzealous with the cheating. There is more data available to the average person now than there ever was previously. There are too many oddities this year specifically in a few states that just don't meet the eye test. We'll see what happens. It's still going to be a few weeks at a minimum. After the votes have been validated, the President for the next four years will be announced. Regardless of the results, I'm concerned for fair elections in the future. IF there is widespread cheating (software manipulation, harvesting, excess voter rolls, etc...), it needs to be corrected so the people can trust the process.

In 2000, I wanted Bush to win. I also thought it was best to verify the votes. That was a single state and it took 5-6 weeks. This won't wrap up any sooner 2000.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 8th, 2020, 6:54 pm You seem to be ignoring the fact that these discrepancies actually happened. You are also under the assumption these were the only ones.
Look I’m resigned to the fact that Biden (soon to be Harris) will be POTUS. But I’m all for letting them Duke it out until the end and won’t easily dismiss some claims. Although the Watermark one seems far fetched.

(On a side note where is good ole @BuryYourDuke )
The only discrepancy listed that “actually happened” is the Nevada one, but there’s no context to say that it’s a greater than normal amount of votes from service members/people who moved in the last 30 days than normal.

I’m fine with the courts doing their thing, it’s a foregone conclusion that it won’t affect the outcome. My beef is with those who pick up and run with anything that fits their narrative without examining the information critically.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
And I want to touch on the “eye-test” part here, because I think this is part of what’s feeding the conspiracy narrative.

Imagine if we had closed our eyes starting election night and opened them a few days later and saw that Biden had won PA. We would think nothing of it. After all, polls had Biden with a decent lead in the state. However, because of how fast the in-person results came in, it looked like Trump had a big lead, and slowly Biden was “catching up” due to the mail-in ballots being counted. That looks fishy, like someone’s trying to turn the tide, but all of those votes were actually “in” at the same time, the mail-in vote was just slower to be counted (this is a good thing, it means they were verifying the votes).

The mail-in vote also leaned heavily democratic, which is another “eye test” problem. However, the president had been telling his supporters not to trust mail-in ballots for months, of course Republicans are going to vote in person. Add to that, registered Democrats are more likely to take added COVID precautions and it’s predictable that the mail-in ballots would be very democrat-leaning.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 8th, 2020, 7:28 pm And I want to touch on the “eye-test” part here, because I think this is part of what’s feeding the conspiracy narrative.

Imagine if we had closed our eyes starting election night and opened them a few days later and saw that Biden had won PA. We would think nothing of it. After all, polls had Biden with a decent lead in the state. However, because of how fast the in-person results came in, it looked like Trump had a big lead, and slowly Biden was “catching up” due to the mail-in ballots being counted. That looks fishy, like someone’s trying to turn the tide, but all of those votes were actually “in” at the same time, the mail-in vote was just slower to be counted (this is a good thing, it means they were verifying the votes).

The mail-in vote also leaned heavily democratic, which is another “eye test” problem. However, the president had been telling his supporters not to trust mail-in ballots for months, of course Republicans are going to vote in person. Add to that, registered Democrats are more likely to take added COVID precautions and it’s predictable that the mail-in ballots would be very democrat-leaning.
He won PA last time and had enormous rallies there this time. I’m surprised he lost PA (actually Philly).
Republicans had a huge ground game and had out registered Democrats in several areas.
So your eyes need checked 8)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]