This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2020, 10:37 am The White House has an amazing medical team. If Biden ends up winning. He will be fine.

But that is still an IF at this point.
I don’t care how good they are, and they are good, but they can’t stop the progress of dementia. His speech last night was so sorrowful to watch. Yeah, I’m not a doctor nor have I dx’d him but his decline is blatantly obvious. Just go back and compare clips from his past, even 4 years ago with today’s. It’s obvious. And at some point that decline is going to be so precipitous that there’s no hiding it
I don't think he'd make it through his first term. As you said and what is clear to see, he has lost his mental sharpness at best and is suffering from an advancing case of dementia at worse. I really think they ran him to get Harris in position to take over when he bows out because they know she'd never be elected.

That said, does a partial term served by a VP turn President count as a full term or are they allowed two elected terms?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2020, 10:37 am The White House has an amazing medical team. If Biden ends up winning. He will be fine.

But that is still an IF at this point.
I don’t care how good they are, and they are good, but they can’t stop the progress of dementia. His speech last night was so sorrowful to watch. Yeah, I’m not a doctor nor have I dx’d him but his decline is blatantly obvious. Just go back and compare clips from his past, even 4 years ago with today’s. It’s obvious. And at some point that decline is going to be so precipitous that there’s no hiding it
Fair enough. I'm far from a medical professional so I'm not going to make those kinds of assumptions.

I voted for you anyways. So clearly mental capacity didn't mean too much to me :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Jonathan Carone
LUAlum1215 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm That said, does a partial term served by a VP turn President count as a full term or are they allowed two elected terms?
22nd Amendment says presidents are limited to two, four-year terms in office or a maximum of 10 years in a case of a president who ascended to the position as Vice President.

By that standard, if she were to take over any time before 2023, she would only be able to run for office once.
LUAlum1215 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
@thepostman That's what I was going to mention- Republicans have just as much oversight over the counting and reporting process as Democrats in each state and locality. If the Democrats dropped 128,000 votes in from out of nowhere, we'd be hearing about it from the election officials in the room. It's more likely that they submitted the democrat count and republican count separately, or just that the graphic was updated in a wonky way.
By LUAlum1215
Wisconsin joining the crazy uptick for Biden. Again, just sharing what I see. If there is an easy explanation for it then it would be wise for someone in the know to share it.

Edit: Removed tweet to figure out who the crap Andy Swan is and if he has any semblance of credibility. Apologies.
Last edited by LUAlum1215 on November 4th, 2020, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:38 pm Biden’s mental capacity and cognitive decline was the single biggest issue I had with voting for him.

He's a liberal Democrat. That's reason enough to not vote for him. Plus his communist running mate.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
@LUAlum1215 they are counting mail in ballots as explained earlier. The president encouraged that his supporters vote in person meaning Biden voters outweigh Trump voters in the mail in votes.

If you choose not to believe that then just admit it but don't act like an explanation hasn't been given. Several times now.
By Jonathan Carone
alabama24 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:47 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:38 pm Just saw we had this going on:

This whole thing is a mess. We can’t trust either side.
What is the TL;DR version of this issue?
Federal judge ordered the USPS to do a sweep of facilities yesterday to ensure all ballots were postmarked by yesterday’s date.

They refused and said they were going to continue with their normal inspections.

Essentially it means there will likely be ballots that get thrown out because the USPS didn’t follow the court order.
By LUAlum1215
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:58 pm @LUAlum1215 they are counting mail in ballots as explained earlier. The president encouraged that his supporters vote in person meaning Biden voters outweigh Trump voters in the mail in votes.

If you choose not to believe that then just admit it but don't act like an explanation hasn't been given. Several times now.
Ok. I don't believe it. The probability of 128,000 ballots for any one candidate is astonishing, and no one is denying that happened. I don't have issue with who the votes are for, but the fact that that many were for one person consecutively. Its not possible.
By LUAlum1215
jinxy wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:18 pm Wisconsin has more votes than registered voters. Thats not suspicious at all.
Apparently they do same day registration there and those registration numbers are not reflected in the number of registered voter, thus the appearance of more votes than voters.
By Jonathan Carone
Looks like Wisconsin just got called for Biden.

It all likely comes down to Michigan (Biden has 30,314 vote lead with 96% reporting) and Nevada (Biden leading by 7,647 votes with only 67% reporting).

If he doesn’t get those, he’d have to flip PA where Trump has a 471,623 but only 64% reporting. That seems highly unlikely to flip.

If Biden gets Michigan but not Nevada, he’d have to flip NC where Trump is winning by 76,712 votes with 94% reporting. Biden would have to win 62% of the remaining votes in order to flip NC.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:08 pm
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2020, 12:58 pm @LUAlum1215 they are counting mail in ballots as explained earlier. The president encouraged that his supporters vote in person meaning Biden voters outweigh Trump voters in the mail in votes.

Ok. I don't believe it. The probability of 128,000 ballots for any one candidate is astonishing, and no one is denying that happened. I don't have issue with who the votes are for, but the fact that that many were for one person consecutively. Its not possible.
What would be great is if we had an official explain the process they're using, but I don't think the assumption of "128,000 ballots for one person consecutively" holds up. Obviously that would never happen in a million years. But they aren't giving you a live vote count as the votes are processed. The officials are counting hundreds of thousands of votes and then reporting them in huge chunks. So an easy explanation may be, as I mentioned earlier, that a precinct reported "we have 128,000 votes for Biden and 70,000 votes for Trump" and they are added to the tally or graphic separately, making it look wonky like it does.
It could even be the network producing the graphic adding them separately and someone catching the graphic in the interim before the Republican votes were added to it.
To assume that it's the evil Democrats stuffing the ballot box while the overseeing Republicans look the other way is much less believable.
thepostman, LUAlum1215 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:19 pm
jinxy wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:18 pm Wisconsin has more votes than registered voters. Thats not suspicious at all.
Apparently they do same day registration there and those registration numbers are not reflected in the number of registered voter, thus the appearance of more votes than voters.
Also, its not true anyway. "There were 3,684,726 registered voters in Wisconsin as of Nov. 1, per the state’s own records, and currently 3,296,836 votes reported, per ABC."

Source: https://elections.wi.gov/node/7220
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:19 pm
Even so, wouldn't you need to have a ridiculously high % of those already registered voting to have this result?
jinxy liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:29 pm Looks like Wisconsin just got called for Biden.

It all likely comes down to Michigan (Biden has 30,314 vote lead with 96% reporting) and Nevada (Biden leading by 7,647 votes with only 67% reporting).

If he doesn’t get those, he’d have to flip PA where Trump has a 471,623 but only 64% reporting. That seems highly unlikely to flip.

If Biden gets Michigan but not Nevada, he’d have to flip NC where Trump is winning by 76,712 votes with 94% reporting. Biden would have to win 62% of the remaining votes in order to flip NC.
Fivethirtyeight is saying the NYT is overestimating how many outstanding votes are left in the Philly area, so that would make flipping PA harder.

You did leave out GA, though, so that's also a possible flip for Biden. Apparently a large portion of the outstanding votes are Atlanta metro and would be skewed towards Biden.

Nevada has been stuck on 64% reporting and I wish they'd get off their fannies and tell us something :lol:
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I did leave out Georgia! I didn’t realize it was that close.

If Trump gets Nevada and PA but NC flips, Biden wins.

If Trump gets those three but Georgia flips, Biden wins.

Trump leads Georgia by 100,344 with 94% in. That remaining 6% equals about 297,860 votes. Biden would have to get 67% of the remaining votes to flip it.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Now, I know the polls have been off, but Nevada had been polling right around Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota levels, maybe just a fraction of a percent more towards Trump. That would make it just about as much as a toss-up as those other 3, which all look to be going to Biden, but by razor thin margins.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I honestly suspect this split government is by design. A Rep Senate to put a lid of the crazy left and replace Trump with an establishment puppet.

Now they'll have to block Trump from releasing FBI, justice department documents and Incriminating information before he leaves office. A bunch of pardons coming. I wonder if Snowden will be one. I've heard his name thrown around.
By LUAlum1215
stokesjokes wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:31 pm
LUAlum1215 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:08 pm

What would be great is if we had an official explain the process they're using, but I don't think the assumption of "128,000 ballots for one person consecutively" holds up. Obviously that would never happen in a million years. But they aren't giving you a live vote count as the votes are processed. The officials are counting hundreds of thousands of votes and then reporting them in huge chunks. So an easy explanation may be, as I mentioned earlier, that a precinct reported "we have 128,000 votes for Biden and 70,000 votes for Trump" and they are added to the tally or graphic separately, making it look wonky like it does.
It could even be the network producing the graphic adding them separately and someone catching the graphic in the interim before the Republican votes were added to it.
To assume that it's the evil Democrats stuffing the ballot box while the overseeing Republicans look the other way is much less believable.
In all likelihood this is the correct assessment, though an official explanation from either electoral officials or the networks creating the graphs would go a long way in quieting the fraud chatter.
stokesjokes liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]