This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Who will win the election (NOT "who do you WANT to win")

Trump will win both the popular and electoral college.
15%
Trump will win the electoral college only.
48%
Biden will win both both the popular and electoral college.
37%
Biden will win the electoral college only.
No votes
0%
This poll isn't a vote for your candidate. We are one week away from the election and I want to know who you think will win, regardless of your own vote or convictions. You have four options:

Trump will win both the popular and electoral college.
Trump will win the electoral college only.
Biden will win both both the popular and electoral college.
Biden will win the electoral college only.

Feel free to share WHY you think so below.
I believe that Biden will win both the popular and electoral college, but it would not shock me if Trump won the electoral college. The only thing that gives me pause in my belief of a Biden victory are the numbers of people showing up to Trump's rallies. At this time, that isn't enough to sway me. I do think that Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation helps with enthusiasm on the Trump ticket, but it also stirs up the opposition.
I do think it is interesting that the media hypes up all of the early votes and assumes that they are for Biden. Of course, in some states (i.e. PA) they know how many registered "republicans" and "democrats" voted... and it is in favor of Biden there.
I've read that early mail-in/absentee voting has been left-leaning, while early in-person voting has been right-leaning.

One of the big polling differences this year that gives me confidence that they will be accurate is that there are far fewer undecided voters than in 2016.

I also believe the speed of the Barrett nomination may actually hurt Republican turnout/enthusiasm. The Supreme Court is no longer a carrot on a string for those who "held their nose" and voted for Trump. It's very unlikely that Trump will have the opportunity to seat another justice.
stokesjokes wrote: October 27th, 2020, 10:10 am I also believe the speed of the Barrett nomination may actually hurt Republican turnout/enthusiasm. The Supreme Court is no longer a carrot on a string for those who "held their nose" and voted for Trump. It's very unlikely that Trump will have the opportunity to seat another justice.
I've heard that argument, and had ACB been confirmed six months ago, I'd buy it. We're too close now and this was too big of a fight for that to happen on a significant scale now.
I want Trump but America has fundamentally changed. We will not see the likes of his policies again. Biden will be replaced by Harris and Bobs your Uncle things will veer way Left
stokesjokes wrote: October 27th, 2020, 10:10 am I've read that early mail-in/absentee voting has been left-leaning, while early in-person voting has been right-leaning.

One of the big polling differences this year that gives me confidence that they will be accurate is that there are far fewer undecided voters than in 2016.

I also believe the speed of the Barrett nomination may actually hurt Republican turnout/enthusiasm. The Supreme Court is no longer a carrot on a string for those who "held their nose" and voted for Trump. It's very unlikely that Trump will have the opportunity to seat another justice.
If Trump wins Thomas will retire. If Biden wins he stays on.
If/ when Biden wins it will prove a brilliant strategy. Trump polls poorly against a Generic Democrat Candidate. But when up against a specific candidate he does a lot better. So who better to be a Generic Candidate than Biden? He doesn’t need to go out and in fact that’s key to the strategy. If you can keep this about Trump and a Generic D candidate Trump can/will lose. It’s the only way. Once elected you can remove the Generic Candidate and replace with the preferred candidate of your Party’s most beloved. Thus Harris on the ticket. Only Biden from the stable of Democrat candidates could pull off doing nothing and win.
stokesjokes liked this
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:15 pm If/ when Biden wins it will prove a brilliant strategy. Trump polls poorly against a Generic Democrat Candidate. But when up against a specific candidate he does a lot better. So who better to be a Generic Candidate than Biden? He doesn’t need to go out and in fact that’s key to the strategy. If you can keep this about Trump and a Generic D candidate Trump can/will lose. It’s the only way. Once elected you can remove the Generic Candidate and replace with the preferred candidate of your Party’s most beloved. Thus Harris on the ticket. Only Biden from the stable of Democrat candidates could pull off doing nothing and win.
Yepper. And Biden can step out of her way and go back to selling access under the table. I better start learning to speak Chinese. :lol:
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:15 pm If/ when Biden wins it will prove a brilliant strategy. Trump polls poorly against a Generic Democrat Candidate. But when up against a specific candidate he does a lot better. So who better to be a Generic Candidate than Biden? He doesn’t need to go out and in fact that’s key to the strategy. If you can keep this about Trump and a Generic D candidate Trump can/will lose. It’s the only way. Once elected you can remove the Generic Candidate and replace with the preferred candidate of your Party’s most beloved. Thus Harris on the ticket. Only Biden from the stable of Democrat candidates could pull off doing nothing and win.
That’s basically it. Trump won by the skin of his teeth in 2016 against probably the worst candidate in modern history. All the dems has to do was go neutral, just someone that wasn’t a net negative.
Not just a net negative but literally Nothing. He’s the ultimate open ended question. And people are too short sighted to see the effect it will have. As in there literally will be someone in office as POTUS. They will have policies etc. But they don’t know/care what they are. Only “it’s not Trump”. Scary and dangerous
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2020, 4:12 pm Not just a net negative but literally Nothing. He’s the ultimate open ended question. And people are too short sighted to see the effect it will have. As in there literally will be someone in office as POTUS. They will have policies etc. But they don’t know/care what they are. Only “it’s not Trump”. Scary and dangerous
Biden is a Trojan-horse. The army inside will distroy what's left of a once great country. Falls in line with scripture, I don't think we'll be much of a international player one day soon. :lol:
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2020, 4:12 pm Not just a net negative but literally Nothing. He’s the ultimate open ended question. And people are too short sighted to see the effect it will have. As in there literally will be someone in office as POTUS. They will have policies etc. But they don’t know/care what they are. Only “it’s not Trump”. Scary and dangerous
The dems are going Cool Hand Luke on us. “Sometimes nothing is a real cool hand.”
Purple Haize liked this
You all know who I think will win and I don't think anything I have seen has changed my mind much. Trump wins the electoral college.

On a side note, I'm glad I don't live in fear of a poltical party. I mean I think both are terrible but at the end of the day my hope is in Someone much higher. Ok. Jesus juke over. :lol:
TH Spangler liked this
Biden's got it. Polls are tracking consistent, and now weighted better for education as opposed to 2016 and focused more on the states, it's pretty clear, even given the margin of error. But... there's always surprises. I don't buy into and parrot the talking points of Fox that "sleepy joe" is "hiding in his basement." You can do that part and parcel towards Trump as well and it's a cycle that never neds. I think he's just being responsible while still campaigning a decent amount. On another note, no I think our country will be fine. The hyperbole of predicting an apocalypse under a man who loves our country is a stretch I think. Sure, if there's a clean sweep and the D's control all 3, there will certainly be liberal agendas being pushed. Kind of to be expected, just like how the hill looked in 2016-2018.
Your delusional if you think the US is going be ok under a Biden administration. It’s not going to be an apocalyptic event for the world but it will be for this country. Look at his administrations agenda and tell me how we, as a country, survive it. Personally, all he had to do was talk about taxes. I will pay at least 10% more in income tax, he wants a federal land tax, capital gains tax, increased social security tax, and he wants to tax retirement accounts. His tax plan for businesses is going to drive more jobs elsewhere.
Saying a Biden presidency will be “apocalyptic” for this country and suggesting America won’t survive it is not living in reality.

America will be fine. Your point of view comes around every election. I remember sitting through a Sunday school class in 2008 where the teacher explained how Obama was the antichrist. Guess what? He was president for 8 years and the sky didn’t fall.
stokesjokes wrote: October 31st, 2020, 7:26 pm Saying a Biden presidency will be “apocalyptic” for this country and suggesting America won’t survive it is not living in reality.

America will be fine. Your point of view comes around every election. I remember sitting through a Sunday school class in 2008 where the teacher explained how Obama was the antichrist. Guess what? He was president for 8 years and the sky didn’t fall.
But then wasted more money than every president before him combined, and Biden is a true definition of a politician(lie, steal and rub elbows with corruption while looking like a patient loving elder to the masses that believe that he represents them and is for them). In the end it doesn't matter what happens; the federal reserve always win in this empire.
And then Trump came along and INCREASED spending even more and the deficit has grown.

So I mean, if your a fiscal conservative then you can't be too happy. I know I'm not but with that said, the country will not come to an end. We will be alright.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]