This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
good. now find a sport that isn't lame.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
This forum feels like it is becoming Spanglerbart.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I know I’m weird, but I love cycling. So much strategy involved, and so much sightseeing of far off places that I’ll probably never have the ability to travel to.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:37 am
jbock13 wrote: October 1st, 2020, 5:43 pm This forum feels like it is becoming Spanglerbart.
It’s killing the board.
Your post and two likes make my point. Glad I dont work under your authority. Being old and retired has its benefits when it come to speaking truth. You can't kick me off my bicycle :lol: 🚲
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: Your post and two likes make my point. Glad I dont work under your authority. Being old and retired has its benefits when it come to speaking truth. You can't kick me off my bicycle :lol: 🚲
I think our point is you literally post things that anyone can just log on to www.foxnews.com and read for themselves.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m with Spangler even though I think we disagree on most things 8)

Activity on the board doesn’t kill the board. If you’re not interested or don’t have anything to say, don’t respond. Or if you want to post things from a different point of view, by all means do so.
By Jonathan Carone
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2020, 9:55 am Activity on the board doesn’t kill the board. If you’re not interested or don’t have anything to say, don’t respond.
The problem with that is the amount of people who have said they have stopped posting because of how far right any discussion has gone in recent years. They don’t want to be associated with those conversations. Those people leaving have allowed even more further right comments to be accepted and even encouraged.
adam42381 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, that’s part of why I started posting instead of lurking. There were too many far right views being left unchecked. I don’t want people to come here and think that’s a full representation of the Liberty community. I don’t think the answer is to chastise someone for posting, though. I think it’s engaging with thoughtful ideas from your point of view as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:03 am
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2020, 9:55 am Activity on the board doesn’t kill the board. If you’re not interested or don’t have anything to say, don’t respond.
The problem with that is the amount of people who have said they have stopped posting because of how far right any discussion has gone in recent years. They don’t want to be associated with those conversations. Those people leaving have allowed even more further right comments to be accepted and even encouraged.
While this is one of the weakest post I've read on here in past 10 years, it speaks loudly. I noticed you didn't chime in on the Dr Voddie Baucham videos I posted. That was odd, because it's the first time you didn't offer us your option on something. :?:
By Jonathan Carone
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:29 am Honestly, that’s part of why I started posting instead of lurking. There were too many far right views being left unchecked. I don’t want people to come here and think that’s a full representation of the Liberty community. I don’t think the answer is to chastise someone for posting, though. I think it’s engaging with thoughtful ideas from your point of view as well.
That’s why I post as well. It’s as much for the people reading as it is the people I’m responding to. But I fully understand why those who have left have left.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:32 am
While this is one of the weakest post I've read on here in past 10 years, it speaks loudly. I noticed you didn't chime in on the Dr Voddie Baucham videos I posted. That was odd, because it's the first time you didn't offer us your option on something. :?:
They’re too long! :lol: ain’t nobody got time for that
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:39 am
TH Spangler wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:32 am

They’re too long! :lol: ain’t nobody got time for that
Now that’s the truth!
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
To long, explains a lot. If you don't like what Dr Voddie Baucham has to say then please stop acting like Doc was your hero. He's a man after Doc's own heart. And he would be a great choice as our next chancellor. :idea:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 4th, 2020, 11:04 am To long, explains a lot. If you don't like what Dr Voddie Baucham has to say then please stop acting like Doc was your hero. He's a man after Doc's own heart. And he would be a great choice as our next chancellor. :idea:
Doc could at least give a solid brief quote
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:To long, explains a lot. If you don't like what Dr Voddie Baucham has to say then please stop acting like Doc was your hero. He's a man after Doc's own heart. And he would be a great choice as our next chancellor. :idea:
That’s quite the non-sequitur.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]