This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's an interesting premise. A bit along the lines of CCU hiring Moglia to coach football. I can't imagine a Premier League team would ever do something like this, but from a real word standpoint, a lot of the characteristics of a great HC have nothing to do with Xs and Os. Things like organization, motivation, creativity and leadership can translate to any sport. The other part is important of course, but an organizer can hire the right assistants to handle that.

A close-to-home example............. I don't think Hugh Freeze will ever be mistaken for a basketball genius, but he coached the girls basketball team at Briarcrest Christian to 4 TN state championships and 3 other finals appearances.
By Jonathan Carone
alabama24 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:07 am I don't like the language used in the show, but the show is fantastic. The reviewers hate the show though. :lol:
Yeah the language from the Brits is rough but that’s cultural. It makes sense. I’m okay with language if it fits a situation/character and isn’t force.

Ted is as clean as a whistle.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely hilarious. Maybe being coaches Mrs Purple and I enjoyed it more. It was laugh out loud funny. I totally agree that it is the best comedy in a loooong time.
I didn’t even notice the language
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:45 pm If you’ve bought an Apple device in the last year, you have a free subscription.
That’s how I got it. We got a replacement iPhone and boom. Free year of appletv. Which is why I got a Roku...also free.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]