This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
Clever Trump is best Trump.

My grandfather had(Cognitive decline is a turd) a subtle and dry wit that could take shots without anyone realizing. I would frequently crack up at a something he said minutes earlier.

Obama had some of that, and I do miss it. Wit from the highest office conveys intelligence without appearing to roll in the mud.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I much prefer this approach than the childish name calling he lowers himself to on twitter. It won't make the people who hate him like him but for indifferent people like me, it makes him at least more human.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Clever Trump is best Trump.

My grandfather had(Cognitive decline is a turd) a subtle and dry wit that could take shots without anyone realizing. I would frequently crack up at a something he said minutes earlier.

Obama had some of that, and I do miss it. Wit from the highest office conveys intelligence without appearing to roll in the mud.
obama's joking is what got us trump as president in the first place.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote: August 24th, 2020, 11:30 am I'd say it was Obama not fulfilling what he said he would to his base that got us Trump not his attempts at humor.
When you run on hope and change how do you quantify a success? The emotion may get you in the door, but that's it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i'm talking about obama basically saying at one of the correspondents dinners that trump couldn't be president and trump said "hold my beer" i think we see that trump will latch onto a grudge and not let go. i contend he'd of never ran if it weren't for that night.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
oh yeah, that was pretty funny but yeah that is often where it was believed Trump decided to run. I had forgotten all about that.
By chris leedlelee
It is funny that all of a sudden she acknowledges media bias after a few unflattering pieces for her were put out in mainstream media outlets. Now she knows how conservatives feel, in a much smaller sense.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, apparently last night, Don Lemon called for an end to the rioting because "it's showing up in the poles"
You stay classy CNN. :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 26th, 2020, 7:32 am So, apparently last night, Don Lemon called for an end to the rioting because "it's showing up in the poles"
You stay classy CNN. :roll:
That guy is a clown. Granted I only see the clips where he’s acting like a clown so...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 26th, 2020, 7:53 am Ironically, most of the people rioting probably won't be voting anyways.
That is a stone cold hard fact. Or they are rioting in cities that would not have voted for trump anyways
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A significant % of the rioters have totally rejected the democratic process. They think this is the way to get what they want. Of course a lot of them really don't know what that is.
Purple Haize liked this
By Jonathan Carone
What I hate is that the rioters have essentially crapped on the community organizers and protesters who have done things the right way. The story is the riots, not the peaceful protests that have been happening in many places.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 26th, 2020, 9:42 am What I hate is that the rioters have essentially crapped on the community organizers and protesters who have done things the right way. The story is the riots, not the peaceful protests that have been happening in many places.
Blame people like Talcum X

I had to paste a reply to his own tweet cause his first one had a naughty word in it

Never mind. The naughty word keeps coming up
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Rasmussen Reports tweeted this rather innocuous prediction last night, and twitter went crazy. They did some pretty funny troll zapping. I actually think they may be right. Certainly hope so.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
California laws have destroyed the salon business but The Speaker must be serviced!

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]