This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The latest models now have Marco reaching the Texas Coast near Houston on Wednesday followed by Hurricane Laura on Thursday. Two tropical cyclones striking the same area just a day apart? Only in 2020.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it is really crazy. I guess the silver lining is they seem to be hurting each other develop into stronger storms but both are worth paying attention to.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not good news for the Gulf Coast. Once again, it looks like we will get a direct hit here in the Eastern DR, with tropical storm force winds starting this afternoon/evening. Hopefully more much-needed rain this time than we had with Isaias

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm Hope all is well for you @olldflame?
Thanks. Everything is A OK. Laura brought more rain here than Isaias, but the winds were not as strong. Power was out for 16 hours though, and my inverter battery crapped out after about 12. Not too bad.
flamehunter liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The fact Laura barreled over your island without lingering to lose it its strength is key to the Guld Coast impacts. Glad you fared reasonably well, Olldflame.

We are sweating Laura today depending on what Marco does today. If it dissipates then it affects the path of Laura. We could have as high as a Category IV hit us if conditions are right. We are hoping it misses us altogether.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We are going through our last minute preps for what looks lije a Category III storm here at my place. The latest models have the storm going slightly east of us late tomorrow night. Crazy days.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Actually this looks more like wind storm. My parents live near the coast and may ride it out even though they were under 6 feet of water two years ago this week with Harvey.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh yeah? Huh. I'll be honest, with everything else going on I haven't paid as close attention as I normally do.

Either way, stay safe!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks. It is going to give a wallop someone near us one way or the other. Looking more like Hurricane Rita with its current path toward the Golden Triangle and Lake Charles.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Depending on the next few hours it is leaning toward a possible Category V. we are getting outer bands but shouldn't get much more than a few inches of rain. Beaumont/Port Arthur aka The Golden Triangle is going to get pounded along with a place that stevev used to call home called Lake Charles.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
2020 is not going out easily. Delta is turning into a bad mamma jamma the past 24 hours. After it crosses the Yucatan it will hit somewhere on the Gulf Coast. Looking like poor Louisiana at the moment. We are just outside the cone of uncertainty for the moment.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It has exploded to a CAT 4 very quickly. I can't imagine it making US landfall as anything less than a CAT 3 hurricane at this point.

Gulf storms have a tendency to gain strength fast in that area of the gulf.

Also. This is now officially the strongest Greek-named storm on record.

One to keep an eye on for sure.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]