This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
When it first came out we had a chance to see Hamilton on Broadway or Songs of Innocence on consecutive nights. We have never regretted our decision and I have not seen Hamilton yet but I plan on it now that it’s free
Jonathan Carone liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Opening number was the best and to me it went downhill from there. I have had friends and family members hyping it up for years now so it had a ton to live up to. There is so much to take in, I'll have to re-watch again to try to catch everything.

Favorite character, by far, the King of England haha.

I have a hunch it won't be a huge hit with our audience.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I agree the entire thing was great. I didn’t know a ton about Alexander Hamilton going in so I learned a lot too. I was fascinated at the pacing of it all. It was so good.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Old guy question: how do we get access to it for free?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:25 pm Just watched for the first time. I love musicals. I adored the entire show. I loved the TJ vs A. Ham rap battles.
Yeah, those were pretty great too.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
I haven’t watched it yet. I don’t generally like the type of music that is listed in the Disney+ description. So should I just avoid it?
By LUDad
Hamilton made me investigate the Disney bundle. You can get disney, hulu & espn+ for $12.95. They are giving me credit for my current espn + subscription. Was a no brainer for me. My Youtube tv is going to $65 next month. So much for cord cutting... for wife, frndly TV now has all three Hallmark channels for $8. May go to basic cable for local stations unless some knows better option.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:32 pm Hamilton made me investigate the Disney bundle. You can get disney, hulu & espn+ for $12.95. They are giving me credit for my current espn + subscription. Was a no brainer for me. My Youtube tv is going to $65 next month. So much for cord cutting... for wife, frndly TV now has all three Hallmark channels for $8. May go to basic cable for local stations unless some knows better option.
Why didn't you pick up Hulu w/ Live TV and drop YouTubeTV?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:32 pm Hamilton made me investigate the Disney bundle. You can get disney, hulu & espn+ for $12.95. They are giving me credit for my current espn + subscription. Was a no brainer for me. My Youtube tv is going to $65 next month. So much for cord cutting... for wife, frndly TV now has all three Hallmark channels for $8. May go to basic cable for local stations unless some knows better option.
Digital antenna for local stations. Unless you are in a hole somewhere you can't pick them up. Basic antenna usual has a range out to 50 miles or so.
By Class of 20Something
I'm in a hole in Lynchburg. Still no WSLS even after the reassignment of channels.

I pay for the things I want to watch. My media usage is NON STOP.
By LUDad
flamehunter wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:52 am
Digital antenna for local stations. Unless you are in a hole somewhere you can't pick them up. Basic antenna usual has a range out to 50 miles or so.
I haven't checked into antenna yet. Anyway to link it into wifi so that you can connect tv's upstairs and downstairs?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: July 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm
I haven't checked into antenna yet. Anyway to link it into wifi so that you can connect tv's upstairs and downstairs?
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/how-cor ... tiple-tvs/
By LUDad
flamehunter wrote: July 12th, 2020, 5:49 pm
LUDad wrote: July 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/how-cor ... tiple-tvs/
Thanks!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Watched it with my girls and it was a solid musical production. But the banter wasn't near as witty as was hyped. Unfortunately I fell asleep and missed the final duel. It was clearly worth going back to finish it off. For the record, John Adams was one tough dude and not to be dismissed.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I watched it last night. I thought it was great. King George was a favorite and hilarious. I loved the style and some of the one liners were great. My biggest beef was not being able to get all of the lines of the "rap Battles" I went back and caught them but it took some rewinding. other than that I had no complaints. Also the eye of the hurricane scene was absolutely phenomenally done.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]