This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Bob Woodson summed it up. "I believe that the salvation of this country ... will be the sleeping giant: When low-income Blacks wake up and realize that they are being bamboozled and hustled and scammed by people like Lori Lightfoot and others -- they are going to realize that they must address the enemy within."

Bob is brutally honest. And I believe he's right about who turns this country around. Vids worth a listen.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/civil-rig ... ammed-dems
Last edited by TH Spangler on July 25th, 2020, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
olldflame wrote: July 26th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 26th, 2020, 1:56 pm I mean, it was only a matter of time, right? :D

https://babylonbee.com/news/chick-fil-a ... they-fil-a
Not even close to being the best/funniest Bee piece on Chick-fil-a.

https://babylonbee.com/news/chick-fil-a ... ack-people
Respectfully disagree. Gay people would have been better

This one has good alliterations Nd hits all SJW points.
I understand organized chaos as a tool to reshuffle the deck but not as a complete reboot. That's where they lose me.

I don't believe in violence as a tool. I agree with the girl who said "that response is an outcry of being silenced for so long." Even MLK said that. While I understand it, I can't condone it.

Lastly, I think the American Experiment isn't working in its current form. The extremes on both sides have taken us to a place that is not good or healthy. That doesn't mean we abandon the entire thing. We look at the results and change certain variables and keep experimenting.

I also agree with the black man who alleged it's mainly progressive white kids who are perpetuating the majority of the violence. They've coopted something that is needed for their own desires.
Don't know it it has been mentioned, but both the associated press and the new york times have changed their style guides so that they capitalize Black but not White when speaking of people. A number of print and online likely follow the ap style guide so we will be seeing a lot of that now. Absolutely ridiculous.

As the song goes, "red, yellow, black or white they are all precious in His sight."
Just John liked this
TH Spangler wrote:I'm thinking about moving to Hawaii, so I can hangout with these guys.

I don't think you'd last long with all the leftists who live in Hawaii. :mrgreen:
That was absolutely terrible and completely uncalled for and the people who were part of that should be ashamed.

I am sure there are plenty of people blaming Trump but at the same time Trump is calling this "Biden's America" even though Biden hasn't even come close to winning yet (and won't) which seems like an even bigger stretch and just as insane.

This is what our rhetoric has gotten us. The anger is getting insane. We have this happening. We have people attempting to take justice into their own hands. It is an absolute mess. The divisive politics have got to end. We need to be able to disagree without it spiraling out of control to this.

What a sad state our country is end.

If you are blaming the right or the left for this alone, then you are missing the big picture and living with blinders on. The divisive rhetoric from the past 2 weeks out of both conventions proved that.

I will sit back now and probably regret even posting this.
thepostman wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:29 am That was absolutely terrible and completely uncalled for and the people who were part of that should be ashamed.

I am sure there are plenty of people blaming Trump but at the same time Trump is calling this "Biden's America" even though Biden hasn't even come close to winning yet (and won't) which seems like an even bigger stretch and just as insane.

This is what our rhetoric has gotten us. The anger is getting insane. We have this happening. We have people attempting to take justice into their own hands. It is an absolute mess. The divisive politics have got to end. We need to be able to disagree without it spiraling out of control to this.

What a sad state our country is end.

If you are blaming the right or the left for this alone, then you are missing the big picture and living with blinders on. The divisive rhetoric from the past 2 weeks out of both conventions proved that.

I will sit back now and probably regret even posting this.
There are a lot of enthusiastic political activist over at GWU, just a guess :lol:
thepostman wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:29 am I am sure there are plenty of people blaming Trump but at the same time Trump is calling this "Biden's America" even though Biden hasn't even come close to winning yet (and won't) which seems like an even bigger stretch and just as insane.
why this works is because these cities that are struggling with violence are largely blue cities in blue counties. and even if not the people causing this ruckus are being tied to left movements. So its easy to paint this as basically a left movment also considering most of the democratic politicians even within those cities are basically like have at it gang or at least this is how its being portrayed. left leaning media is also doing a disservice pretending its not happening and just calling it mostly peaceful which lends to the idea that they are largely ok with it.

this is why don lemon is like wait this is probably not good.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]