This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ElmersTwin wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:13 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 2:37 pm What pastor JD is teaching must have flown right over some heads. What's going on is the destruction of the US world order .... change that users in the new one world government the bible says is coming. The one the antichrist rises to the top of. Christian's are swept away before he takes control.
Paging Rayford Steele.
I don't plan to be left behind :lol: Let me know what it's like.
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 2:37 pm What pastor JD is teaching must have flown right over some heads. What's going on is the destruction of the US world order .... change that users in the new one world government the bible says is coming. The one the antichrist rises to the top of. Christian's are swept away before he takes control.
Paging Rayford Steele.
TH , guess you recall when George H. W. Bush mentioned that in his State of the Union on September 11th, 1991. But it's just a theory though :lol:
TH Spangler liked this
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:56 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm

Paging Rayford Steele.
TH , guess you recall when George H. W. Bush mentioned that in his State of the Union on September 11th, 1991. But it's just a theory though :lol:
Yes sir, I'm old enough to remember and wise enough to believe God's word from the bible! :lol:
I also believe God's word and studied enough church and Christian history to know that people have been claiming the end times since shortly after Jesus ascened into heaven.

I'm all for being aware of what is going on but there is danger in trying to fit every world event in the revelation prophecy.

Also trying to paint every racial issue into some Marxist ploy to take over the world is an old tactic used by people who are simply afraid of change. That is the conspiracy theory I was talking about.

There is also plenty of smart people who interpret Revelation much differently because Revelation is not a straight forward book for a reason. A lot of time and energy is waisted by good people on that stuff.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 6:50 pm This is a thread to discuss players leaving the program for very legit reasons. Instead of discussing those you'd rather discuss end times theology? There is a chapel section to discuss theology. Go at it! I'd love to see it. But not here where we are discussing how fhe climate of our school that we love is having a real negative impact on athletics. It will continue to do so until real accountability is had. With how the school was so quick to put the blame on a random professor shows that they still have no real clue. Or choose to pretend there isn't a problem.
Okay postie do you support this?

"BLM is a group originated by Marxists that has no religious roots at all. It is pro-LGBT everything and anti-Christian. It supports destruction of the traditional family".

Maybe someone that does isn't a good fit?
If you still haven't figured out the difference between the black lives matter slogan and the organization, I'm not sure what to tell you.

There is a difference and to think just because someone says that black lives matter that must mean they support the BLM organization then you're missing the whole point and simply upset for the sake of being upset.

I in no way support that organization and never will. That doesn't mean I still can't believe that black lives do matter.
What's your thoughts on the TYT network on Youtube tv? Should google be supporting this network and giving them a voice when they currently attempt to deny conservative voices?

More importantly, are the Young Turks trying to highjack the youth protest movement and turn it into a regime change agent?

https://www.facinghistory.org/resource- ... n-genocide
TH Spangler liked this
Kinda surprised there wasn’t a bigger fuss over the Stonewall Jackson removal. I guess it caught everybody off guard. They will have to be even more secretive with the Lee removal. That could get ugly
olldflame wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:40 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:23 pm Who is they? Where was the Stonewall statue removed from?
Richmond. Removed by order of the mayor, I believe over the objection of city council members.
Declared a State of Emergency or some such in order to do it as well. Stonewall Jackson has a lot of points on the board to merit a statue in VA.
TH Spangler wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:29 am I was thinking about how the left cleaned house in 2013 of military leaders, mostly those with a biblical worldview and an appreciation for Iseral.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... -by-obama/

Maybe getting rid of our police and replacing them with social workers is the new cleansing :dontgetit
The social worker thing is a joke. Who would even apply for that job? What they will end up with is a trial run with basically unarmed cops with hastily contrived "training" in de-escalation. It may work sometimes, but there will also be some tragic results.
@TH Spangler, I can't speak for the other branches, but the Air Force officers mentioned in this article that were removed from their positions were removed for very legit reasons. That alone makes it difficult to take that article seriously.

As far as social workers helping in certain situations instead of police officers, I think it could work in certain situations and if you talk to police officers, you will find many who say they are responding to issues that they have no place responding to but our system is so messed up people don't know who to turn to.

I am certianly not of the belief that we need to defund the police (demilitarize and invest in better training on De-escalation tactics is a start) but our justice system is broken and needs to be completely rethought. Defunding police departments won't change that, it'll only move the problem to another department. We need to find way to correct behavior before it spirals out of control instead of mass incarcerations which unfairly target the poor. Trump has made some steps in the right direction in that regard but doesn't get much credit for it for a lot of reasons, but it will take revolutionary change to fix our broken system and neither Trump nor Biden are revolutionaries. So I don't see much changing in 4 years times, no matter who the president is.
The problem with trying to "specialize" more on emergency responses is that almost all areinitiated based on a 911 call, and the information given on those is unreliable at best. Sending an armed cop to a situation where a SW would be preferable is not ideal. Sending a SW to a situation that requires an armed cop is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Having worked in community mental health for 30 years, I can tell you for a fact that the people who spend years in grad school and doing internships to become LSWs absolutely did not sign up for this. They want to see people in the safety and comfort of their offices the vast majority of the time, with the occasional off site intervention involving PEOPLE THEY KNOW, NOT STRANGERS.
I remember when Obama was cleaning house, fundamentally changing America.

Something else Ive been thinking about is what my old high school buddy I reunited with this past year said. Keep in mind he's Hispanic, PR. A retired IRS manager enjoying his hugh, outstanding pension. I knew he was a liberal Democrat but it still caught me by surprise that he worships at the feet of Soros. I mentioned some of the evil deeds George had pulled on a few economies around the world, he quickly pointed out it was legal. But what surprised me even more is how he viewed iner city black poverty. He said it is to late for them. They are mentally incapable of holding a job. He said all we can do for them is feed and care for them through food stamps, food kitchens and the prison system until their time on earth ends. Needless to say discussing politics is off the table if we plan to enjoy spending time together in the future :lol:
TH Spangler wrote: Iseral.
You'd think someone who loves standing up for Israel would know how to spell it.
thepostman wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 11:22 am @TH Spangler, I can't speak for the other branches, but the Air Force officers mentioned in this article that were removed from their positions were removed for very legit reasons. That alone makes it difficult to take that article seriously.

As far as social workers helping in certain situations instead of police officers, I think it could work in certain situations and if you talk to police officers, you will find many who say they are responding to issues that they have no place responding to but our system is so messed up people don't know who to turn to.

I am certianly not of the belief that we need to defund the police (demilitarize and invest in better training on De-escalation tactics is a start) but our justice system is broken and needs to be completely rethought. Defunding police departments won't change that, it'll only move the problem to another department. We need to find way to correct behavior before it spirals out of control instead of mass incarcerations which unfairly target the poor. Trump has made some steps in the right direction in that regard but doesn't get much credit for it for a lot of reasons, but it will take revolutionary change to fix our broken system and neither Trump nor Biden are revolutionaries. So I don't see much changing in 4 years times, no matter who the president is.
So your saying the solution is to have a Social Worker force that can respond 24/7 at a moment’s notice ? This is a great example of something that looks good on paper but will fail miserably in practice.
Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]