This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

olldflame wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:45 am "Why Trump Doesn't Just Send In the Troops."

Very interesting take from a man who was a commander in the California National Guard for 23 years. It's not that long and well worth the read.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... s-n2575501
Yeah, I’m not a fan of Federalizing the Guard or putting combat troops in US Cities. Trump has been wise to ignore those calls.
Purple Haize wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:08 am
olldflame wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:45 am "Why Trump Doesn't Just Send In the Troops."

Very interesting take from a man who was a commander in the California National Guard for 23 years. It's not that long and well worth the read.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... s-n2575501
Yeah, I’m not a fan of Federalizing the Guard or putting combat troops in US Cities. Trump has been wise to ignore those calls.
Totally agree under the current circumstances. I will say that if things deteriorate to the point it is deemed necessary, I'm not 100% sure the "non-permissive environment" will present as much a problem as it normally would. We are not dealing with trained military opponents here, or even hardened gang-bangers (who for the most part hate the rioters, although they will join in when opportunities to loot present themselves). These are, for the most part, wimps, who are only able to wreak their havoc when basically unopposed. Faced with an appropriate force of National Guard troops, I wouldn't see it lasting long enough to present problems with things like supply lines. Look how quickly violence ended in Kenosha. Yes, that was technically a permissive environment, but I don't think it would have made a lot of difference.
thepostman wrote: September 13th, 2020, 11:13 am BLM leaders? Probably not but Biden has been pretty forthcoming in condemning violence so I'd hope he continue to do so. Pretty awful to say the least.
The Genesis of the BLM movement was the death at the hands (justified or not) of Police. Now you have crowds blocking a hospital chanting for the deaths of police who were targeted and shot in cold blood. Is this what BLM has in mind for police?
Probably not but there iscertianly an element of the far left that has perpetrated this idea that all cops are bad and it leads to extreme cases like these.

It is terrible but the problem with BLM, the organization, there isn’t a central/singular voice leading that organization so I am sure some involved in the movement will condemn it, I doubt the organization will.

Joe Biden did make a statement FYI

Good for him
I was having this discussion elsewhere about BLM. If there’s no central organization or leadership where does all the money from donations go? Who is setting up all these rallies etc? No one is taking donations for a Trump Boat pararde but people are certainly donating to BLM. Where does it go?
There’s a central BLM organization. It’s the thing so many people confuse with the movement. Some money goes to that organization that is extreme left and dangerous while others go to more grassroots orgs. It all depends on if the people donating are doing it to check a box or if they’re true supporters of racial equality.

BLM the organization does as much harm as they do good. They’re a big backer in the ACAB movement.
Sly Fox wrote:I have yet to meet a Gen Z or Millennial from the Left who has anything good to say about Biden. And I am close to a large number of them. They think he is a big part of the problem and doesn't get tham at all.
Yeah, nobody really get us Millennials, left and right leaning. People are still confused about how old Millennials are.
Purple Haize wrote:Good for him
I was having this discussion elsewhere about BLM. If there’s no central organization or leadership where does all the money from donations go? Who is setting up all these rallies etc? No one is taking donations for a Trump Boat pararde but people are certainly donating to BLM. Where does it go?
Great question. I don't know. Leaders speak in generalities when asked about it which isn't a good sign.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/nation- ... money-goes

I'm not a fan of the organization which is a shame because some of the work people are doing within communities pushing the Black Lives Matter slogan, is really good stuff. It just gets overshadowed because the group is shady.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]