This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Yeah, I am disappointed it won't be available sooner. The Warehouse demo will be available if you pre-order but I don't think it is available yet. Like I said, I am way more excited about than maybe I should be. haha
Yeah, I do have to admit that my wife is pretty awesome, lol. She's been too encouraging to my Lego habit though.

This summer, through some extra work I'm doing with College Board and MIT, I'll finally get to buy a nice 3D printer and laser cutter, all with my wife's blessing.
thepostman wrote: May 13th, 2020, 9:59 am Yeah. I play for about an hour or two a week now but that is about a 100% increase compared to pre-quarentine life. We have an NES classic mini that the kids love playing and they always want me to play with them to beat the "hard levels" so of course I have to do my fatherly duty. Haha
Yeah, I'm about the same, if that. My son likes watching me play. Most of the time the kids use it to play Minecraft with friends.

We have he SNES mini and my youngest has a Raspberry Pi loaded with retro games and a collection of retro controllers to go along with it.

Right now he's working with me on programming his own Sonic the Hedgehog game.
That is amazing. Our kids are a bit young for minecraft but my son like the idea of minecraft but gets really frustrated with it so doesn't play it very often. It has been raining a lot here so we have had to do a lot of indoor stuff which has included way more electronic entertainment than I'd like to admit.
thepostman wrote: May 13th, 2020, 10:06 am That is amazing. Our kids are a bit young for minecraft but my son like the idea of minecraft but gets really frustrated with it so doesn't play it very often. It has been raining a lot here so we have had to do a lot of indoor stuff which has included way more electronic entertainment than I'd like to admit.
Yeah, our screen time rules have been blown away. The nice thing about Minecraft is that our kids have learned a lot from it. Our middle child, who has special needs, displays a ton of logic in his Minecraft builds and it has helped with his reading and writing ability. It engages him in ways that so many other things can't. But when it becomes frustrating for him...lol...it's frustrating.
I really thought I’d do more gaming during this quarantine. I literally have an xboxOne I’ve never played a video game on. It’s sad. I understand that. I am old. Also understood.
Purple Haize wrote: May 13th, 2020, 12:27 pm I really thought I’d do more gaming during this quarantine. I literally have an xboxOne I’ve never played a video game on. It’s sad. I understand that. I am old. Also understood.
DORK
PAmedic wrote: May 13th, 2020, 1:08 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 13th, 2020, 12:27 pm I really thought I’d do more gaming during this quarantine. I literally have an xboxOne I’ve never played a video game on. It’s sad. I understand that. I am old. Also understood.
DORK
I accept that
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: