This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

rogers3 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Wow... This conversation... Coronavirus craziness on full display. And I thought the Living in Lynchburg Facebook page had some real loonies.
Yacht... You are exempt from this assessment!
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. " ~ H. L. Mencken
TH Spangler liked this
cruzan_flame13 wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 2:12 am
rogers3 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Wow... This conversation... Coronavirus craziness on full display. And I thought the Living in Lynchburg Facebook page had some real loonies.
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. " ~ H. L. Mencken
And difficult times always brings out the conspiracies.
rogers3 wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 9:09 am
And difficult times always brings out the conspiracies.
Hey! My video was legit! Once you have the Colonels Secret recipe you DO crave it Fortnightly!
That quote made me think about Pastor JD's message from Apr 26th. :idea:
TH Spangler wrote: May 1st, 2020, 11:01 am
jbock13 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:28 am
TH Spangler wrote:I understand what you're saying. People need jobs, food around the world. It troubles me more when Communist labor and capitalist greed get together.

Saw an interview with Mark Cuban, he's helping Trump bring manufacturing home. He said it will be advanced manufacturing when it returns. It will take 1/3 as many workers but be so efficient it will be able to kick Chinas butt. The jobs will be middleclass. He suggest a 19% taxes on advanced manufacturing goods. Use the money to strengthen Medicare and Social Security.
I'm okay with punishing China, but why do we need to strengthen Medicare and Social Security? Both are examples of generational theft by Ponzi scheme.
Do a little research. The money we paid in should be there for those blessed to live past 67. Think about how many people pay in and then go home early. The government has dipped into it for other things. I thought it was a pretty good idea to tax advanced manufactured goods. A robot will not need social security. If two guys and a robot can produce like 20 it could be the solution.
Are you certain the answer isn't really that Trump is for it, so you are? :D
Does the governor now control when college athletic starts back up? If so that would sure create more for us to talk about.

I'm kind of tired of talking about COVID-19 and I'm sure others are too. That, combined with no live sports, and a sports message board sure doesn't have a lot to talk about.
Purple Haize liked this
Obviously a sitting president can be impeached and I am assuming a sitting Governor can too. Someone help me fill in the gaps on this as it has been decades since I was in an American history class. I live in Montana so I have no dog in the fight when it comes to Virginia politics but the more I learn about Northam the more my heart breaks for him because of the wickedness he pushes in VA. Especially how hardcore he is towards murdering babies.
What would the basis of removal of office be based on?

The democrats may think they can remove a president from office because they don't like them but that isn't reality. I would hope Republicans wouldn't also fall for that trap.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: May 12th, 2020, 2:51 pm Obviously a sitting president can be impeached and I am assuming a sitting Governor can too. Someone help me fill in the gaps on this as it has been decades since I was in an American history class. I live in Montana so I have no dog in the fight when it comes to Virginia politics but the more I learn about Northam the more my heart breaks for him because of the wickedness he pushes in VA. Especially how hardcore he is towards murdering babies.
Depends on the state constitution. Some states have recall ( initiated by x number of signatures ) then a Ballot box vote ( can be special vote or included with next scheduled state vote ) it’s how Arnold Schwarzenegger became gov of CA back in the day. You have to be a really bad governor to be recalled in CA. There wasn’t any specific cause or legal issue that I can remember.
TH Spangler wrote: May 20th, 2020, 4:24 pm
jbock13 wrote: April 30th, 2020, 7:32 pm TH Spangler, If we wanted to read Tucker Carlson's thoughts, we'd just watch Tucker Carlson.
Here a story for Tucker. How the China plague has affected private and public sector employees at the airports.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/3/31 ... -tsa-agent
Glad it is only in China.
rtb72 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:19 pm
TH Spangler wrote: May 20th, 2020, 5:51 pm
thepostman wrote: May 20th, 2020, 5:20 pm I thought public sector workers were immune to all!!?? I'm confused :dontgetit

😉
Only to furloughs, layoffs, firings and pay or benefit cuts. :lol:
Not completely....

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/healt ... a27e7dddf3
""Furloughs were instated for NCDOT executive leadership beginning on Saturday, May 16. Next week, the next level of management will also be furloughed (these are the 10 guys standing around the ditch) Finally, should it be required, the remainder of the NCDOT workforce will begin furloughs on May 30 (this is the one guy in the hole that knows how to use a shovel"" :lol: Sorry, couldn't help myself. Would be interesting to know if the furloughs are paid. And if they are recalled as soon as it runs out.
Last edited by TH Spangler on May 21st, 2020, 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
rogers3 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:37 pm
jbock13 wrote: April 30th, 2020, 7:32 pm TH Spangler, If we wanted to read Tucker Carlson's thoughts, we'd just watch Tucker Carlson.
Here a story for Tucker. How the China plague has affected private and public sector employees at the airports.

Looking more and more like the Chinese communist government allowed their international flights to keep spreading it, while grounding their domestic ones to stop it from spreading inside their country.

:dontgetit
TH Spangler wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:05 am

Looking more and more like the Chinese communist government allowed their international flights to keep spreading it, while grounding their domestic ones to stop it from spreading inside their country.

But I thought Trump issued a China travel ban? :lol:
adam42381 wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:29 am
TH Spangler wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:05 am

But I thought Trump issued a China travel ban? :lol:
Thank goodness. You owe him big time. :wink: Biden called him racist for doing it.
By rtb72
TH Spangler wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:59 am
rtb72 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:19 pm
TH Spangler wrote: May 20th, 2020, 5:51 pm

Only to furloughs, layoffs, firings and pay or benefit cuts. :lol:
Not completely....

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/healt ... a27e7dddf3
""Furloughs were instated for NCDOT executive leadership beginning on Saturday, May 16. Next week, the next level of management will also be furloughed (these are the 10 guys standing around the ditch) Finally, should it be required, the remainder of the NCDOT workforce will begin furloughs on May 30 (this is the one guy in the hole that knows how to use a shovel"" :lol: Sorry, couldn't help myself. Would be interesting to know if the furloughs are paid. And if they are recalled as soon as it runs out.
They aren't paid. The Secretary of DOT was replaced in February and the new Secretary implemented the furloughs when the budget started to tank. Ironically, we had a vetoed budget last year because the Republican Legislature refused to expand medicaid. NC would be in much worse shape had the Legislature appeased the Governor and his demands for spending. As it is....NC is operating on 2018 budget so there were limited spending increases. Unfortunately for DOT...it doesn't appear that was enough. Also had to endure a lot of lost revenue from past hurricanes. Thankfully, the Legislature were able to boost the "rainy day" fund to nearly 1.2 billion over the past few years....that will help off set. Just curious...does Va have a "rainy day" fund?
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]