This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Seeing public sector guys being furloughed tells you how serious things are. Private sector pays them. You tell them to stay home shelter in place the money runs out. If you ask me China gave us a terrific blow. Hope we can pull through.
TH Spangler wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 6:42 am Seeing public sector guys being furloughed tells you how serious things are. Private sector pays them. You tell them to stay home shelter in place the money runs out. If you ask me China gave us a terrific blow. Hope we can pull through.
This thread is as shallow as a mudpuddle in a drought.
TH, are you paid to issue Trump soundbites?
TH Spangler wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 6:42 am Seeing public sector guys being furloughed tells you how serious things are. Private sector pays them. You tell them to stay home shelter in place the money runs out. If you ask me China gave us a terrific blow. Hope we can pull through.
I know lots of furloughed private sector workers. I know plenty that have lost their jobs. (To be fair I don’t know any State or Federal workers who have lost their jobs)
China gave the World an unexpected blow. One I’m not sure they planned or not. What I do know is that they are going to move hell and high water to take advantage of it and the US better do the same
Purple Haize wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 8:30 am
I know lots of furloughed private sector workers. I know plenty that have lost their jobs. (To be fair I don’t know any State or Federal workers who have lost their jobs)
China gave the World an unexpected blow. One I’m not sure they planned or not. What I do know is that they are going to move hell and high water to take advantage of it and the US better do the same
Amen.

I'm leaning toward .... they accidentally let it out and realized it was going to devastate their economy/world plans. So they decided to let us all have it. If so, it was act of war. Lets hope it doesn't turn into a shooting war.

If I had a supply chain in China I couldn't get out fast enough.
rogers3 wrote:[quote="TH Spangler" post_id=600710 time=<a href="tel:1590144170" data-original-title="" title="">1590144170</a> user_id=1849]
Seeing public sector guys being furloughed tells you how serious things are. Private sector pays them. You tell them to stay home shelter in place the money runs out. If you ask me China gave us a terrific blow. Hope we can pull through.
This thread is as shallow as a mudpuddle in a drought.
TH, are you paid to issue Trump soundbites?[/quote]

It’s Tucker Carlson.
King Ralph boogered up his own "guideline" over the weekend at Va Beach. Hanging out on the boardwalk with no mask and taking selfies with anyone willing to hold their own camera and stand still long enough to take a picture. His excuse for no mask was he wasn't expecting to be within 6' of anyone, yet puts himself in position to hug all kinds of people. Sucks that we have 2 more years of his nonsense.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]