This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Two members of the Old Men's Club fell for April Fool's Jokes today.

One of them involved a certain long-time LU employee at the Hancock Welcome Center who was involved in a conference call and was told that a donor bigger than the Rawlings family was coming to campus and wanted a VIP tour with only him showing them the campus.

The other one involved a certain softball fan who was told the twins were going back to California after their LU graduation to play their final year at D2 Azusa Pacific in the PacWest Conference where their HC was coach of the year in 2016. This fan spent a good 30 minutes googling everything he could find about this college, their softball team, and their coach.

My understanding is that both old timers fell for the pranks hook, line, and sinker! :oldhag Crybaby :oldhag

Does anyone else have any good April Fool's stories from today? If so, please share!
ballcoach15 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
I told a coworker that I was resigning from work today because I was not in good terms with our director. He seemed a bit sad about it and couldn't believe the situation happened. After I told him I was joking plus April Fools, he replied "You Suck." Good laugh that was needed this morning!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider those are good ones. But I just don’t think people were in the joking mood today. As Jimi Hendrix and others sang “there are many among us here who think that life is just a joke”.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 1st, 2020, 7:51 pm Two members of the Old Men's Club fell for April Fool's Jokes today.

One of them involved a certain long-time LU employee at the Hancock Welcome Center who was involved in a conference call and was told that a donor bigger than the Rawlings family was coming to campus and wanted a VIP tour with only him showing them the campus.

The other one involved a certain softball fan who was told the twins were going back to California after their LU graduation to play their final year at D2 Azusa Pacific in the PacWest Conference where their HC was coach of the year in 2016. This fan spent a good 30 minutes googling everything he could find about this college, their softball team, and their coach.

My understanding is that both old timers fell for the pranks hook, line, and sinker! :oldhag Crybaby :oldhag

Does anyone else have any good April Fool's stories from today? If so, please share!
If I were a betting man, I would wager that the victim of joke #1 was also the perpetrator of joke #2.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame, victim #1 told me to get victim #2 on an April Fool's joke, but the story line is all mine. I've got to take credit for that. I even told him I heard it from an Honors student who was on the softball team. Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, that was all part of the joke, but we did have one apply last year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 11:55 am Sounds like the ol' ballcoach didn't quite get the gag.
Yeah. Not sure if he still realizes it’s a joke
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 9:42 am Ballcoach, that was all part of the joke, but we did have one apply last year.
I didn't think you had one now. I seem to recall one 2 or 3 years ago. But, I don't have a roster of Honors Program/Quiz Bowl members, as I do softball team.

There was some doubt in my mind based on that. But on all recruiting, transfers, etc. of softball program, I check and recheck. Study Study
Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]