This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
After listening to Newsmax and NPR this morning I wondered if they were on the same planet?

Christians need to distance themselves as far as possible from the groups that hijack the DC rally. JC, SJ we agree 100% on that!!!!

Speeches like Trumps last one and ones I've heard on the other side need to stop. In fact I would like to see Trump, Pelosi, Waters and a few more retired based on their statements.

I hate to see Trumps effort to stop offshoring, establish a good imagration system, better wages for labor and his support for life go in flames.

I'm praying for our country. We have many, many issues. :cry:

Joe Biden is not the answer, but I will not act like the Democrats have the past 4 years, during his term.

Trump did his best, finally lost his temper. Pence has stood strong.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Big 3 Networks and CNN are breathless in their adoration of this new Administration
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:22 am Why are you watching any news networks? You guys really are gluttons for punishment. Watch CSPAN for the events and call it a day.
Even cspan is falling prey. They just had one tweet his true bias and had to apologize.

Something else to watch, Presdent Obama purged military leadership last round. Sounds like it will be rank in file this time.

You have wonder how long the Libertys, Hillsdales and BYUs last. :cry:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:51 am
thepostman wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:22 am Why are you watching any news networks? You guys really are gluttons for punishment. Watch CSPAN for the events and call it a day.
Even cspan is falling prey. They just had one tweet his true bias and had to apologize.

Something else to watch, Presdent Obama purged military leadership last round. Sounds like it will be rank in file this time.

You have wonder how long the Libertys, Hillsdales and BYUs last. :cry:
I worry for Liberty for different reasons. Even at orientation this morning, they’re still talking about the fear of becoming “communistic,” as if that’s the biggest threat to Liberty losing gospel focus. Misplaced priorities. Prevo is talking about how he was chosen “to keep Liberty on mission.” Never a mention of how he let it get away from the mission under JR in the first place. Still no signs of accountability or repentance. I worry that a bad culture will rot the place from within before anyone from the outside has a chance to touch it.
Just John liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Prevo held a summit of Trump supporters yesterday where they focused on politics more than the Gospel. They were more concerned with not becoming "liberal" than keeping the focus on Jesus and the Gospel.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yikes. Somewhere along the way, when Liberty folks talked about not becoming liberal, it changed from theologically to politically. Or maybe I’m naive to have thought it was ever about the former.

It’s a shame to hear the acting president decry an idol that Liberty University has never been in danger of embracing while holding his own idol out for everyone to see.

Next time we pick a president, no more Jerrys. That name has bad juju.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I wonder who wrote his speech? He read, "one nation, indivisible". But left out, "with liberty and justice for all". I wonder if they did it on purpose?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:25 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:23 pm The president prayed and quoted scripture in a speech and for the first time in 12 years I think he meant it and believed it.
He's your guy, let's see how things go.
This is what I found myself repeating. “Sounds great! We’ll see...”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I had to flip through channels this AM. A,k of about 5 minutes total. Brings my post election broadcast news viewing up to about 16 minutes
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 20th, 2021, 2:17 pm The policies will be the issue, not the character of the person enacting them. That will be a massive change from the last four years.
I’ll take policies I agree with
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 20th, 2021, 2:34 pm I’d love to have both
I’d love to have a lake house and a million dollars
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 20th, 2021, 2:17 pm The policies will be the issue, not the character of the person enacting them. That will be a massive change from the last four years.
Yes I had to over look some character flaws with Trump, at least I was aware of it :lol: . You might want to take a closer look at your guys character. :roll:

I'm still waiting see who's OZ is. When do they pull the curtain back :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]