This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jj where's NAFTA and TTP. There was a lot of squealing at state and intel department as some were shown the door. A lot changes at the justice department. Cleaned house at the FBI. Wray's next.

Need 4 more years. Work on some lobby reform laws.
There's been big money made in Washington offshoring America's resources, technology, jobs, wealth.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 4:41 pm Sure, I hear Chick-fil-A has some decent chocolate chip cookies. Treat yourself!
I don’t like their cookies. But I will take a frosted lemonade. Those things are glorious
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sounds good, that's on me next time I'm in town. Whenever I'm allowed to travel outside of 100 miles again!

As far as Harris, I'm not sure if this helps or hurts Biden with democrats but I know those on the far left were not a fan. Who knows. It is a safe pick i guess.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 11th, 2020, 4:30 pm Jj where's NAFTA and TTP. There was a lot of squealing at state and intel department as some were shown the door. A lot changes at the justice department. Cleaned house at the FBI. Wray's next.

There's been big money made in Washington offshoring America's resources, technology, jobs, wealth.
Even HRC was against TPP. (Or at least claimed to be). As for NAFTA, the replacement for the most part renamed.

Trump has done good on judges.

FBI - He named Wray. Another guy supposedly a bad guy now. Anyone who disagrees is a “bad guy”.

No reason to expect Trump to be any different than he has been.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 4:47 pm Sounds good, that's on me next time I'm in town. Whenever I'm allowed to travel outside of 100 miles again!

As far as Harris, I'm not sure if this helps or hurts Biden with democrats but I know those on the far left were not a fan. Who knows. It is a safe pick i guess.
He boxed himself in by saying he was going with a female POC. Not a lot of safe choices there. Tammy Duckworth would have been safe. Klobuchar would have been safe. Boot edge edge could have passed muster. Kamala is a fighter and will certainly yell down her competition. But I don’t think she’s that bright. She has high negatives.
I mean no VP pick was going to get me to vote for the Biden ticket but at least we know the Dems want Harris to be running the country.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: August 11th, 2020, 5:01 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 11th, 2020, 4:30 pm Jj where's NAFTA and TTP. There was a lot of squealing at state and intel department as some were shown the door. A lot changes at the justice department. Cleaned house at the FBI. Wray's next.

Even HRC was against TPP. (Or at least claimed to be). As for NAFTA, the replacement for the most part renamed.

Trump has done good on judges.

FBI - He named Wray. Another guy supposedly a bad guy now. Anyone who disagrees is a “bad guy”.

No reason to expect Trump to be any different than he has been.
Trump has surprised me on Foreign Policy. He made some moves I was initially completely against but they seem to have worked out. So while I’ve been disappointed on the Domestic budget part the International part has exceeded expectations
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Sure, I hear Chick-fil-A has some decent chocolate chip cookies. Treat yourself!
i believe they are around 400 calories a piece. i know an owner/operator and he once brought over a dozen of them. i sent him a picture of 3 of them stacked up and a huge glass of milk. his text back was uhhh dude thats like 1200 calories of cookies.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
that the far left "defund the police/ blm" type liberal has to hold their nose to vote for 2 people with decades long pasts of placing poor minorities in prison is pretty comical to me. If i had to find a positive in all of this.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: August 11th, 2020, 5:13 pm that the far left "defund the police/ blm" type liberal has to hold their nose to vote for 2 people with decades long pasts of placing poor minorities in prison is pretty comical to me. If i had to find a positive in all of this.
It certainly doesn’t fire up any portion of their base
I mean she’s gonna be de Facto President is he wins. Crazy
Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It doesn't really speak to Trump’s idea that Biden will cater to the far left of the party. The far left do not like Harris. It helps make the slightly left to center dems feel safer.

How either ticket excites people is beyond me.
Just John liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
yeah its fairly safe yet many do not like her and means if biden wins she will likely be the nominee in 2024. which i do not think is good for the DNC. especially if they go up against an up and comer like hailey.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 5:48 pm It doesn't really speak to Trump’s idea that Biden will cater to the far left of the party. The far left do not like Harris. It helps make the slightly left to center dems feel safer.

Trump is a very charismatic figure. You can’t deny that. He has an ability to connect with people that is obvious. He does a great job at his rally’s making feel in a big room feel like he is talking directly to them. He absolutely can get people excited
And as witnessed by the ~4 years of harassment he gets his detractors fired up too. That’s about the only thing he and Harris have in common.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:04 pm
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 5:48 pm It doesn't really speak to Trump’s idea that Biden will cater to the far left of the party. The far left do not like Harris. It helps make the slightly left to center dems feel safer.

Trump is a very charismatic figure. You can’t deny that. He has an ability to connect with people that is obvious. He does a great job at his rally’s making feel in a big room feel like he is talking directly to them. He absolutely can get people excited
And as witnessed by the ~4 years of harassment he gets his detractors fired up too. That’s about the only thing he and Harris have in common.
Harassment? Lol

He has dished it out his entire adult life, he'll be OK.

The last 3.5 years have felt like a bad reality show. The media and their convenient editing and Trump using Twitter as his bizarre confessional booth. It is not exciting. It is painful. So yes, it confuses me why he has excited a portion of Americans like he has.

Biden is exciting anybody but maybe Harris will? I doubt it.

Since I work in DC, I can't just shut it off. I wish i could and come back in 4 years.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You miss the entire point. Watching some punch back IS exciting. It was my biggest criticism of “W”. It was the biggest knock on Mittens. By going to Twitter Trump goes directly to the American people. THAT is exciting. Not having a filter is interesting. Democrats are not used to someone fighting back. Same goes for the Media . THAT is exciting to his base. It’s ugly. But it is what it is.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I understand your point. Doesn't make me find it any more exciting. I find it depressing to watch.

Again, you guys can enjoy the ride I guess. His art of the deal tactics haven't really translated in Washington.

But he is mean on twitter to the libs! So its cool.

It is comical you think he is being harassed. I guess his tweets hit home for you.

:lol:
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:35 pm I understand your point. Doesn't make me find it any more exciting. I find it depressing to watch.

Again, you guys can enjoy the ride I guess. His art of the deal tactics haven't really translated in Washington.

But he is mean on twitter to the libs! So its cool.

It is comical you think he is being harassed. I guess his tweets hit home for you.

:lol:
Considering what Washington does doesn’t translate into the rest of the Country I guess no one should be surprised
Just John liked this
By LUDad
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:16 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Harassment? Lol

He has dished it out his entire adult life, he'll be OK.

The last 3.5 years have felt like a bad reality show. The media and their convenient editing and Trump using Twitter as his bizarre confessional booth. It is not exciting. It is painful. So yes, it confuses me why he has excited a portion of Americans like he has.

Biden is exciting anybody but maybe Harris will? I doubt it.

Since I work in DC, I can't just shut it off. I wish i could and come back in 4 years.
Funny that you should say that about being a really bad Reality TV show. I have always theorized that Trump entered the race simply to build his brand. He had no illusions about winning so could simply blast away. But a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, so to speak...he actually won.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That phrase jumped out at me as well
I don’t think I’ve seen a more universally disliked choice for VP. My Democrat friends aren’t really thrilled with it. It’s a lot of “well, other than.....” and “She’s better than Trump&” but without specifics
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]