This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 12th, 2020, 8:34 am But why can’t the new right fight with dignity? Why do they have to resort to name calling and outlandish insults and accusations?
There's no new right. Conservatives just stopped listening to the elite establishment from both parties. There's plenty of name calling on both sides. Have you not been listening to Schumer, Schiff and Pelosi, etc the past 4 years?

Trump always points out that dems always stick together behind their lie of the week. That seems to be breaking down a little.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... rian-data/

GOP leaders’ embrace of Trump’s refusal to concede fits pattern of rising authoritarianism, data shows
Research by a team of international scholars shows the Republican Party’s shift away from democratic norms predates Donald Trump but has accelerated since

“The Republican Party in the U.S. has retreated from upholding democratic norms in recent years,” said Anna Lührmann, a political scientist at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden and a former member of the German parliament. “Its rhetoric is closer to authoritarian parties, such as AKP in Turkey and Fidesz in Hungary.”

Last edited by lynchburgwildcats on November 12th, 2020, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You’re close to correct. But the voices of the Old Right are telling him to concede.
Also the Democrats are launching their fair share of legal challenges. But you don’t see that covered.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Because legal challenges should happen when irregularities occur. I am not sure there is a person arguing against that. Anytime this is brought up, it is almost always mentioned that the president has this right.

The problem is this race isn't really that close minus 1 or 2 exceptions. So sure, make your challenges because that is how processes are refined and we have a stronger democracy for it but it isn't going to change the result. Tweeting out "We will win" over and over and over again instead of coming to grips with reality and helping this country and the republican party move forward is what I find most problematic.

Even most people posting on here have come to grips with reality. Why can't the President of the United States?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm Because legal challenges should happen when irregularities occur. I am not sure there is a person arguing against that. Anytime this is brought up, it is almost always mentioned that the president has this right.

The problem is this race isn't really that close minus 1 or 2 exceptions. So sure, make your challenges because that is how processes are refined and we have a stronger democracy for it but it isn't going to change the result. Tweeting out "We will win" over and over and over again instead of coming to grips with reality and helping this country and the republican party move forward is what I find most problematic.

Even most people posting on here have come to grips with reality. Why can't the President of the United States?
And your last sentence circles us back around to the Tweet in question
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My whole post had more to do with the overall thread than just the tweet you posted. For the life I me I dont understand why so many people are defending the president. Both polticians and everyday people. Even though they know Trump lost.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 12th, 2020, 2:02 pm My whole post had more to do with the overall thread than just the tweet you posted. For the life I me I dont understand why so many people are defending the president. Both polticians and everyday people. Even though they know Trump lost.
Because it’s about more than Trump. Look at the rejection rates of these ballots compared to what we’ve had historically. If mistakes were made (not out right fraud) then they need to be found and corrected. No better time than now. I want as many of these counts audited as possible. Why? Because the last minute changes to voting procedures could cause a lot of human and mechanical error. If we are going away from basically a 1 day vote to a month long mail in system then I want to make sure we get as many kinks out NOW as we can.
olldflame, TH Spangler, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 12th, 2020, 2:49 pm But nobody is arguing that. At least nobody here.
If you want him to concede you are. No judge is going to grant relief for a candidate who has already conceded
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No judge is granting relief now. Soooooo

He doesn't even need to come out and concede publically but at least allow his staff to work with the Biden's transition team.

Trump cried voter fraud even when he won so 4 years ago. He set up a whole commission to find widespread fraud but they were disbanded and found nothing then. So it is a bit hard for me to take Trump and his accusations of voter fraud seriously.

SOURCE

As with anything with Trump and his diehard supporters, nothing simple is ever that simple.

There are so many reasons not providing a seamless transition isn't a good idea but the #1 reason is national security. Look no further then 9/11 and 9/11 commission report.

SOURCE

If you're really bored you can read the whole thing.

https://9-11commission.gov/report/

So sure play your little games but in the meantime, let's take national security seriously instead of laying the groundwork for your PAC and Trump News Network.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Biden entering the WH is the opposite of national security, more like raising the surrender flag to China. But I'm afraid it's time to do it. Numerous group's united to stop his put Americans first movement.God's timeline rolls along 😉. Circle the wagons :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
JOINT STATEMENT FROM ELECTIONS INFRASTRUCTURE GOVERNMENT COORDINATING COUNCIL & THE ELECTION INFRASTRUCTURE SECTOR COORDINATING EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”
By chris leedlelee
I just can't get over how people in this thread cite mainstream media sources and use such opinion as an authority. The same sources that you quote, also believe that you are nothing but the ancestor of an ape, your church is full of bigots for believing in traditional marriage, and you commit hate speech if you do not use someone's preferred pronouns. These people are "in the world" and therefore their view is clouded. I'm not saying on a few select things such things can be trusted after independent verification. However, broad political statements by such sources are as accurate and authoritative as Jerry Jr. when he would mouth off.
The MSM keeps on insisting that there is no evidence for election fraud, when there are literally hundreds of pages of sworn affidavits obtained alleging such. Shouldn't such things go through the legal process before such statements can be authoritatively made. I just can't believe how after all of their malpractice, people still regard the MSM and their preferred narrative as something that should be given any regard.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the umpteenth time, yes voter irregularities should be looked into. That isn't the problem. The charge that there is some kind of widespread voter fraud that gave Biden the win is what the problem is on top of not giving the transition team access to have a seamless transition.

If there was widespread fraud, not only should Biden be the president-elect but Republicans should've lost, not gained, seats in the house and they should've lost control of the Senate. Of course the senate could still be lost but I highly doubt that'll happen.

As far as the sworn affidavits go, have you guys read any of them? There is a few items that should be looked into without a doubt but most are just people upset at the way people looked or talked to them and some misconceptions about military voters. Just off the wall stuff.

What happened was simple. A lot of Americans don't like Trump but conservatism is still alive and well. That should be the main takeaway from this election for us conservatives. Not this obsession with a single man. The Republican party can build on this and have a very strong 2022. I hope this side show is over with soon and we can move on with pushing forward because while this is going on, democrats are getting organized.
chris leedlelee liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There are rumors that he's getting ready to concede with apparent reservations. The other rumor is that he is supposedly promising a comeback in '24.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
We will see what these affidavits actually say. Early returns aren’t promising, with such gems as “the military ballots were more for democrats than I expected” and “the independent poll watchers were actually leftists because they wanted to move to Brooklyn.”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I don’t want the Trump Presidency to end. Seeing how just the mention of his name sets people off has been so entertaining. No one cares about Biden. It’s his minions that are going to run the show. He bringing the Obama team back and that’s going to be a disaster
I can’t see Trump running in 2024. He might say he will but he won’t. He would certainly back one of his kids. Either Junior or Ivanka.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 13th, 2020, 8:41 pm
TH Spangler wrote: November 13th, 2020, 10:05 am Cruz - Scott 2024 ?
Don’t tease.

Any role for Pence?
Pence has to be the prohibitive front runner in 2024 for the GOP. He’s already demonstrated that he can handle his opponent when they debated. He can compare and contrast the going back to Trump Policies and the (probable) failures of returning and expanding Obama Era Policies. Maybe put Haley as Veep. Trump is a pretty loyal guy if you are loyal to him, and that epitomizes Pence. So if Ivanka or Junior don’t run I can see Trump putting his full weight behind Pence
G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?