This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Will we ever tire from the melodrama and exaggerations associated with this man? Whether it's him embellishing himself or his triggered enemies furiously overreacting, it's excessive and exhausting. The real truth can't be on the paranoid side, nor can it be on the self-righteous idealogical side. It resides elsewhere. And, deep down, we all know where that is.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 12th, 2021, 11:54 pm
stokesjokes wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:40 pm McConnell is mad that Trump cost them the senate. He wants revenge.
McConnell not being wise enough to go along with the 2k before the election is what cost Republicans the 2 GA seats.

He wants Trump gone before he connects him and his wifes family business. :lol:
Trump criticized the GOP Governor and Sec'y of State in GA for 2 months and hardly ever said the names Ossoff or Warnock until the last couple of days before the election and even then, couldn't get himself out of the way. He was of virtually no help and perhaps very detrimental to the races in GA
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jj truths usually in the middle somewhere. We are probably both right to some degree. I beleive we have a China problem. I guess the worst thing about capitalism is greedy men and women will put everything up for sale for their short term personal gain. :cry:
stokesjokes liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 13th, 2021, 12:08 am

It’s a sad day when the Joint Chiefs have to put out a statement like that.
Nearly 12 years in, and I've never seen something quite like this put out at the highest level. We are living in weird times.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:23 pm
ballah09 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 9:28 pm You really want Liberty to be the next Bob Jones and PCC.

Wheaton is far from left but I guess they’re liberal if they condemned the violence. Watch out Oral Roberts and HBU if you ask to pray and show Jesus’s love you’re going woke. :roll:
But Wheaton has ALWAYS taken themselves too seriously
You’re not wrong. They’re the Harvard of evangelicalism after all :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I've been watching cspan/congress today. Wow, volumes of content for historians to record. In my option, in a nut shell, this is what it looks when a new world order occurs. China has to be feeling pretty good today. :cry:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, you're so obsessed with China!

Liberal are, "Russia, Russia, Russia"
Conservatives are, "China, China, China"

Both are obvious concerns (I'd also throw Iran into that mix) but it is certainly an interesting dynamic. I am not sure why concerns for those countries are split by political ideology when they both equally. in different ways, pose a threat to our national security.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:20 pm Man, you're so obsessed with China!

Both are obvious concerns (I'd also throw Iran into that mix) but it is certainly an interesting dynamic. I am not sure why concerns for those countries are split by political ideology when they both equally. in different ways, pose a threat to our national security.
Like Mike Pompeo said, communist China is inside the gate. Russia's economy is the size of Texas. China is a different story. I agree with just about everything you said. My point is, our government seems split in half with nearly nothing in common. I really don't think we are the world leader any longer. I think the flip looks like this. I try to remember there's a bigger picture playing out. Gods. I find peace in that.
I'd also throw Iran into that mix
They split on Iran and Israel even more.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
What do you guys think? Today a group of House Democrats introduced a resolution to amend the Constitution to abolish the Electoral College and institute a direct national popular vote for president and vice president.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have always had mixed opinions on it. It would change how people campaign like @stokesjokes mentioned. Which may not hurt Republicans as much as Democrats think. Now both parties avoid certain states altogether because they have no shot but that would change. Then we would have small states completely ignored. So I am torn on it.

I like ranked choice and still think that is a good compromise. What a concept!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Their stated logic is, now days due to the internet rural America gets the news at the same time as urban areas. No need for candidates to campaign across the country.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
A good friend, with postman's kind of views told me 3 years ago if Trump didn't turn things around for the nation, he would be the last Republican president. I don't know how he beat Clinton. I guess Russia helped him.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
You guys know I think it's awful for so called leaders to trade influence and US policy for personal gain. Its a bipartisan practice. Do you beleive it will stop under Biden now that so many people are aware.

If not I hope whistleblower come out of the woodwork.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 13th, 2021, 5:56 pm If you’re a Republican, abolishing the electoral college is the worst idea ever. Republicans have only won some like two popular votes since 1988.
If you believe we are a coalition of 50 States abolishing the Electoral College is the worst idea ever
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:20 pm Man, you're so obsessed with China!

MIT Professor Arrested and Charged with Grant Fraud

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/mit- ... rant-fraud
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
It’s dem’ dang commie pinkos! :lol:
By Jonathan Carone
The pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week aimed to “capture and assassinate elected officials,” federal prosecutors said in court documents.

The remarks came in a motion prosecutors filed late Thursday in the case against Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who took part in the insurrection while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns.

Prosecutors say that after Chansley climbed up to the dais where Vice President Mike Pence had been presiding moments earlier, Chansley wrote a threatening note to Pence that said: “It’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government,” prosecutors wrote in their memo urging the judge to keep Chansley behind bars.
Source
G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?