This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 11th, 2021, 9:55 pm Perhaps. It's been awhile.

Citizen Burger in Charlottesville tops my VA list. Rare to medium rare--thick, red, bloody. Count me in.
Citizen Burger is our go to in C’ville. But we stick with the burgers. Ha
By Jonathan Carone
A Secret Service officer was put under investigation after posting comments on Facebook in which she accused lawmakers who formalized Biden’s win of treason and expressed support for the rioters who stormed the Capitol, the agency confirmed Monday.

The officer under investigation posted a meme on Facebook of Trump shaking hands with himself in the Oval Office, titled “Here’s to the Peaceful Transition of Power.” The day after the attack on the Capitol, a comment posted in the officer’s name ridiculed efforts to remove him from office. It read in part: “Good morning patriots! Yesterday started out beautiful and as usual Antifa soured the mood and attacked police and an Air Force veteran was murdered….It’s OFFENSE time finally.”
Source
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Threats like this actually happen way more often than we would like to think. Most are thwarted before the general public ever knows about it.

I'm not saying that to dismiss this report because we need to make sure things are being taken seriously but just to add some context.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:20 pm Threats like this actually happen way more often than we would like to think. Most are thwarted before the general public ever knows about it.

I'm not saying that to dismiss this report because we need to make sure things are being taken seriously but just to add some context.
How often are they serious enough to brief lawmakers? What point does it have to get to before they’re brought in?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:28 pm
thepostman wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:20 pm Threats like this actually happen way more often than we would like to think. Most are thwarted before the general public ever knows about it.

How often are they serious enough to brief lawmakers? What point does it have to get to before they’re brought in?
Depends on the definition of “Brief” and “Lawmakers”. Sending a memo to staff could be called “briefing a lawmaker”
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Fox is reporting a long list of donors/lobbyists that are stopping their contributions to the Republican party. I glanced at it when they flashed it on the screen. 90 percent were multinationals with major business ties to China. But I guess just about every large corporation is very dependent on communist China now.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
At this point I still have confidence in Mike Pompeo and Radcliff. Mike is brilliant and as solid as a rock. I'll be paying attention to these two.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
You really want Liberty to be the next Bob Jones and PCC.

Wheaton is far from left but I guess they’re liberal if they condemned the violence. Watch out Oral Roberts and HBU if you ask to pray and show Jesus’s love you’re going woke. :roll:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Their response is amusing. Also, my reference was to those who signed the letter. Some of the most notable names are missing, including the Prez.

Have you ever been there? Or is this just the typical knee-jerk reaction?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 9:28 pm You really want Liberty to be the next Bob Jones and PCC.

Wheaton is far from left but I guess they’re liberal if they condemned the violence. Watch out Oral Roberts and HBU if you ask to pray and show Jesus’s love you’re going woke. :roll:
But Wheaton has ALWAYS taken themselves too seriously
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It reads like a piece of religious satire mocking a sanctimonious sect. The wording is amusing. We might actually mistake it for comedy if we didn't know better.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 11th, 2021, 9:26 am
Just John wrote: January 11th, 2021, 12:54 am
TH Spangler wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:21 pm I wish you had helped call out those burning and looting all summer? The MSM/left reminded me of the kid poking a stick at the chained dog. What could possibly go wrong. :cry:
I remember when conservatives valued things like self-control and responsibility.
I’ve listened for people condoning the violence on Capitol Hill last week. Other than the absolute fringe...I have not heard it. Do you have a source claiming that Conservatives favored the action last week of breaking in to the Capitol?
Not condoning, excusing. I have heard many give cover to these people because "they don't have a voice", "no one is listening to them", "they are convinced the election is rigged". Well just because someone doesn't feel they are being listened to or feel the election was rigged doesn't give them an excuse to trash our capitol. I'm also old enough to remember when it was popular among many conservatives to bluntly say "facts don't care about your feelings". Life comes at you fast.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:40 pm McConnell is mad that Trump cost them the senate. He wants revenge.
McConnell not being wise enough to go along with the 2k before the election is what cost Republicans the 2 GA seats.

He wants Trump gone before he connects him and his wifes family business. :lol:
By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 13th, 2021, 12:08 am

It’s a sad day when the Joint Chiefs have to put out a statement like that.
That's certainly different. I served for eight years and never have seen anything like this.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]