This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I always love when someone on the right overreacts so much that they think anyone on the left will actually like them.

Trump is just being a troll. I don’t like it, but there’s no need to run and join the left on anything.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:01 pm I always love when someone on the right overreacts so much that they think anyone on the left will actually like them.

Trump is just being a troll. I don’t like it, but there’s no need to run and join the left on anything.
Yeah asking to impeach a President over that Tweet was about as credible as thinking a President can actually unilaterally postpone an election.. unnecessary (but funny) tweet. Not sure how you get impeachment out of it though
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:59 am To me that tweet said, cheaters we're watching you. Don't try it.
In what way? Trump cannot delay the Election unilaterally? I took it as Trump being Trump and taking the good with the bad. I certainly didn’t even remotely take him seriously
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My first thought is he is laying the groundwork to contest the election if it is remotely close. Which is par for the course. He did the same thing 4 years ago.

I don't like Trump and didn't vote for him but tweeting something dumb isn't impeachment worthy. That isn't what Calabresi was saying. He said if Trump actually moved forward to delay the election then it would warrant impeachment which is correct because a president can not legally do that. That isn't happening here so it is just more misdirection by the president.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 31st, 2020, 9:35 am My first thought is he is laying the groundwork to contest the election if it is remotely close. Which is par for the course. He did the same thing 4 years ago.

I don't like Trump and didn't vote for him but tweeting something dumb isn't impeachment worthy. That isn't what Calabresi was saying. He said if Trump actually moved forward to delay the election then it would warrant impeachment which is correct because a president can not legally do that. That isn't happening here so it is just more misdirection by the president.
Ironically it’s the Democrats who can’t accept the results of the 2016 election. This 2020 election is going to be a mess regardless. In person voting and Trump wins? “People were too scared to vote “. Mail in voting “FRAUD”. This is where we are now in politics. It has been increasing since Clinton and has just gone off the rails now.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I've refused to be negative on Fauci, but Jordan exposed him today for who he is. There's something going on and I'm not sure we'll ever get to the bottom. :x Watch it on YouTube.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The guy that was filling in for Hannity last night is convinced that Biden's VP pick will be Michelle Obama. :shock:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:40 am The guy that was filling in for Hannity last night is convinced that Biden's VP pick will be Michelle Obama. :shock:
Biden, Obama, Globalist, want to "fundamentally change" the United States into a "Chinese territory". :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:40 am The guy that was filling in for Hannity last night is convinced that Biden's VP pick will be Michelle Obama. :shock:
If that happens and Biden wins, I would expect him to "retire" within a year. I would be surprised if she does it though. She and Barak have too sweet a deal going the way things are.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
If that happens and Biden wins, I would expect him to "retire" within a year. I would be surprised if she does it though. She and Barak have too sweet a deal going the way things are.
Barak has a lot to hide, maybe as VP the wife could offer some cover. I look for things to go nuts the end of this month, early September. Durham.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The conspiracy theory underbelly of the right is going to kill conservativism in this country. Some of the theories thrown out on fox news/oann and then regurgitated on here is tiring.

But then again, the left can't stop with their Trump conspiracy theories so I guess it is par for the course in today's political/media climate.

As s conservative, I just get sad at what conservstivism has started to turn into over the years.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:18 am The conspiracy theory underbelly of the right is going to kill conservativism in this country. Some of the theories thrown out on fox news/oann and then regurgitated on here is tiring.

But then again, the left can't stop with their Trump conspiracy theories so I guess it is par for the course in today's political/media climate.

As s conservative, I just get sad at what conservstivism has started to turn into over the years.
Here’s the thing. I thought the idea of one Administration spying on an incoming one was poppycock. But it now has been shown to have happened
I thought the idea of impeaching a President based on made up information was tomfoolery. But it happened (sort of)
There are several things I thought were conspiracy theories in 2016 that now turned out to be true. I didn’t even mention UFO’s that the Air Force knew all about
These are strange times
As for Michelle Obama, that would seal a Biden victory. But the word was she HATED DC. Hated living in that bubble etc. She absolutely would end up POTUS sooner rather than later but I’m not sure she wants it
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:18 am The conspiracy theory underbelly of the right is going to kill conservativism in this country. Some of the theories thrown out on fox news/oann and then regurgitated on here is tiring.

Okay Mitt :roll: :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:29 am

Okay Mitt :roll: :lol:
PH is the mittens fan around here.

Jonathan Carone wrote:What do we think of Trump threatening to ban Tik Tok?
My wife and I were just talking about it. I don't pretend to be an expert in the law but I just don't think he has the authority to do that. A year or so ago faceapp was all the rage and people could use it to look old or young or whatever. It has been found that Russia was using it to data mine. They denied it but there were multiple alerts sent out encouraging private citizens not to use it and members of the military were told to remove it and not use it anymore. To me, that is what should be done here.

Trump wants to prove he is tough on China but this is low hanging fruit and doesn't actually prove anything. His family business connections make a lot of money from Chinese connections. Though he has done more good than harm for American interests in China, he has no desire to cut them off completely. It is an odd distraction he is causing with tik tok.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:31 am What do we think of Trump threatening to ban Tik Tok?
I think it’s just a balloon. It’s not like Huawei where there are government contracts involved Etc. I can see maybe a ban on Government employees using it maybe
I’m thinking Tik Tok is another fad and will disappear soon anyways But I could be wrong. I’m not hip with the Tech Social Media scene
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
trump has won on china at this point. he's the first president in a while to have a backbone with them. but there is such a thing as overdoing it. I think this tiktok dealio is of no real consequence. i'm not sure the logistics of making such a thing possible but i think its just another one of his yammer about something of no consequence things.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]