This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Biden just said 200k will die from the Rona between now and the end of the year That’s about 2800 a day. Wonder if he will get called out on that
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 9:20 pm Yeah, that’s way off. Maybe by the end of this whole thing.
He doubled down on that number.
By Jonathan Carone
I didn’t watch but from the conversations I had, it sounds like Trump finally did what we’ve been wanting for five years: stayed civil and acted presidential. Meanwhile Biden stuck his foot in his mouth multiple times.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Biden quoted Democrat talking points appealing to emotions. Trump played up his accomplishments, especially those for minorities. Biden called Trump a racist and Trump said he's not. Trump pointed out the Biden cartels pay to play scam. Biden said he had never received one penny from a foreign country or government. Trump needs to communicate his healthcare plans better. Trump pointed out what a war against oil .... and a green new deal will do to our economy. He pointed out how the Paris accord lays the burden on our economy and not the polluters. Talking heads at Fox said the moderator interrupted trump 22 times and only interrupted Biden twice. Chris Wallace has really slipped, his non partisan journalism is slipping more and more.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
To be fair on the last point, interrupting Trump more isn’t necessarily showing partisanship. It might just mean he was going over his time more than Biden.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:26 am To be fair on the last point, interrupting Trump more isn’t necessarily showing partisanship. It might just mean he was going over his time more than Biden.
No, moderator was the girl from MSNBC. Chris Wallace was a talking head spinning on Fox after it was over. I always respected Chris Wallace for stepping on everyone's toes but several times lately I've watched him spin a partisan opinion that obviously did not match facts and he had to know it, which makes me lose confidence in him completely.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:52 am Sounds like you don’t like it when he steps on your toes
Not at all. But when I hear something simple and its obviously not based on fact it disappoints me. Makes me doubt everything he says.

Something else, I bet Sly could back me up when I say there's a lot of that pay to play foreign money flowing to MSM outlets to push certain narratives. Let's face it, our country is up for sale.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:10 am I thought the moderator did a good job. Even Trump said so at one point during the night.
She "was" slick :lol: Watch a replay. Her interruption timing was excellent.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am
stokesjokes wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:52 am Sounds like you don’t like it when he steps on your toes
Not at all. But when I hear something simple and its obviously not based on fact it disappoints me. Makes me doubt everything he says.

Something else, I bet Sly could back me up when I say there's a lot of that pay to play foreign money flowing to MSM outlets to push certain narratives. Let's face it, our country is up for sale.
Oh, for sure. Media companies are not non-profits. Their ultimate goal is not to educate or inform, their goal is to sell advertising space and gain the most viewers/readers/dollars they can.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i giggled when biden looked at his watch. he was hoping this pummeling would be over soon. fracking was a disaster, the cages thing, the race part where trump called him to the carpet on his awful bill. biden on coronavirus, it wasn't good.

it could be too little to late for trump though. I think this thing is going to be closely contested and even past election day there is gonna be a fight.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:53 am i giggled when biden looked at his watch. he was hoping this pummeling would be over soon. fracking was a disaster, the cages thing, the race part where trump called him to the carpet on his awful bill. biden on coronavirus, it wasn't good.

it could be too little to late for trump though. I think this thing is going to be closely contested and even past election day there is gonna be a fight.
He was checking his watch for text messages :D

Biden saying he would end the oil industry is the biggest takeaway from last night. That’s gonna hurt
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think it was the WGN poll that said Tump WON the debate something like 74 to 24. :shock:
President Trump looked healthy and sounded focused and on point. :flamethrower Biden just looked pale and old and sounded confused. :oldhag
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:25 am
TH Spangler wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am

Oh, for sure. Media companies are not non-profits. Their ultimate goal is not to educate or inform, their goal is to sell advertising space and gain the most viewers/readers/dollars they can.
Ad money is one thing, but money under the table to MSM moguls from the likes of China, Saudi's etc. Is something else. Money funneled from foreign countries or foreign corporations through political activist/parties to media for a narrative is bad for America. Same money funneled to research universities in order to access our advancements is just as bad for us.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:44 pm
RubberMallet wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:53 am i giggled when biden looked at his watch. he was hoping this pummeling would be over soon. fracking was a disaster, the cages thing, the race part where trump called him to the carpet on his awful bill. biden on coronavirus, it wasn't good.

He was checking his watch for text messages :D

Biden saying he would end the oil industry is the biggest takeaway from last night. That’s gonna hurt
It may hurt with people involved in the oil industry, but polling of the general populace indicates broad support for ending dependence on oil and moving towards alternative forms of energy.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
As long as it doesn’t affect their pocket. Amazing how the tune changes when people realize how devastating it would be to the economy.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 2:10 pm As long as it doesn’t affect their pocket. Amazing how the tune changes when people realize how devastating it would be to the economy.
The future of energy isn’t in oil.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: October 24th, 2020, 5:01 pm
JK37 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 2:10 pm As long as it doesn’t affect their pocket. Amazing how the tune changes when people realize how devastating it would be to the economy.
I’m certain you are right.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 5:46 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: October 24th, 2020, 5:01 pm
I’m certain you are right.
Oil isn’t going away. Transportation depends on it. Plastics depend on it.
Once windmill blades keep piling up and rare earth mineral mines become more intrusive people will see that maybe there isn’t a panacea there
Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head coac[…]

Athens Regional

Just moved from NJ to Knoxville area- might take i[…]

2024 Season Thread

The Jackson to the hot seat stuff is almost as[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week 7 - Top Performers - Runs - Fanatics 46 HR[…]