This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:27 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 8th, 2020, 3:44 pm Not what I'm particularly intrested in. More focused on middle east events and globalization. But that's just me. :lol: :lol:

TPP, NAFTA are gone. It will be interesting to watch supply chains return from Asia and how Usmca plays out. I look for a Boom for north America in the next decade.
You think something is going to happen in the Middle East over the next 4 months to change or decide the election?
Sorry, I was just talking about what will be the biggest events from a historical standpoint in his first 4 years. Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:41 pm That is the part you found the most bizarre? The list is just endless.
Yeah. I know a lot of rich folks have places out there. He wouldn’t be one I’d think would
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 8th, 2020, 6:32 pm I already knew about it so maybe that is why it didn't catch me off guard like everything else in that article.
I’ve dealt with bipolar folks a lot. That’s why the rest didn’t bother me. Ha
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I know it's the furthest thing imaginable from scientific, but this poll still fascinates me. It's changed quite a bit in the last few days.

BTW, Kanye has apparently picked his VP running mate, Michelle Tidball, a "biblical life coach" from Wyoming.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Mrs. Cider got 6 letters in the mail yesterday from President Trump. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:01 am Mrs. Cider got 6 letters in the mail yesterday from President Trump. :shock:
I’ve seen several people comment on the over abundance of junk mail and email from the Trump campaign. And the weirdness of it
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Todd Starnes pulled the curtain back on Fox yesterday. It's time for a cable news outlet that hires more conservatives behind the scenes. Sternes says James Murdoch is considering pulling the plug on Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham.
Biden Victory Fund Donors
They range from Hollywood figures such as producer Jeffrey Katzenberg to billionaire financier George Soros and Meg Whitman, who once ran for California governor as a Republican. Their donations each exceeded $500,000, the filings show.

Other bold-faced donors to the Biden Victory Fund included: (FoxNews)James Murdoch, the son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, and his wife, Kathryn, whose combined donations topped $1.2 million.

https://www.newsradio1029.com/news/weal ... advantage/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:12 am Todd Starnes pulled the curtain back on Fox yesterday. It's time for a cable news outlet that hires more conservatives behind the scenes. Sternes says James Murdoch is considering pulling the plug on Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham.
Biden Victory Fund Donors
They range from Hollywood figures such as producer Jeffrey Katzenberg to billionaire financier George Soros and Meg Whitman, who once ran for California governor as a Republican. Their donations each exceeded $500,000, the filings show.

Other bold-faced donors to the Biden Victory Fund included: (FoxNews)James Murdoch, the son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, and his wife, Kathryn, whose combined donations topped $1.2 million.

https://www.newsradio1029.com/news/weal ... advantage/
Toad Starnes is slimy and sanctimonious
James Murdoch and LOTS of people at Fox are Liberal and have been for a long time. Roger Aires made Fox News what it became.
As for a cable news network that hires conservatives to its core.....people guffawed when I said OAN is angling to take over Fox’s spot in the Pantheon
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:02 am If ONA makes a couple key hires they're on top. Purple your take on Fox is almost word for word what Toad Starnes said.
If Fox is stupid enough to actually fire the hosts of 3 of the most watched shows in cable TV history, they will deserve what they get. The demand for those voices is not going away. They will either move to OAN or start something new. OAN would seem to make more sense at this point.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:02 am If ONA makes a couple key hires they're on top. Purple your take on Fox is almost word for word what Toad Starnes said.
I know a couple of old school Fox people. Starnes is old school Fox. The people I know are where I get my impressions of Fox....and Toad
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:53 am On a similar note, I wonder how long Jake Tapper will be at CNN if he continues to stray from the narrative. :popcorn
I’ve noticed that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 18th, 2020, 9:09 am
olldflame wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:53 am On a similar note, I wonder how long Jake Tapper will be at CNN if he continues to stray from the narrative. :popcorn
I’ve noticed that.
Something tells me Jake and Fredo are not enjoying lunch together at the CNN cafeteria these days. 8)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
There's one thing I hope Trump gets across to voters before November. That he's in favor of legal immigration, but not illegal. Black Lives Matter to Trump, but not to the Chamber Of Commerce. One of Trump's biggest accomplishments was nearly stopping the flow of cheap, underpaid illegal immigrants. He stood up to the powerful Chamber Of Commerce for the good of minority citizens. Unemployment was at an all time low and wages were starting to climb before China blindsided us with the plague. Wages need to climb slowly to avoid over inflation, but thanks to his policies they were headed in the right direction. I don't know if I am more disappointed in Trump's inability to message to minorities or them being so fooled by a party that doesn't have their best interest, to see what he's doing.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:01 pm There's one thing I hope Trump gets across to voters before November. That he's in favor of legal immigration, but not illegal. Black Lives Matter to Trump, but not to the Chamber Of Commerce. One of Trump's biggest accomplishments was nearly stopping the flow of cheap, underpaid illegal immigrants. He stood up to the powerful Chamber Of Commerce for the good of minority citizens. Unemployment was at an all time low and wages were starting to climb before China blindsided us with the plague. Wages need to climb slowly to avoid over inflation, but thanks to his policies they were headed in the right direction. I don't know if I am more disappointed in Trump's inability to message to minorities or them being so fooled by a party that doesn't have their best interest, to see what he's doing.
Yep so in favor of legal immigration he has repeatedly tried to eliminate DACA, repeatedly made it drastically more difficult to legally immigrate to the USA, repeatedly cut the number of people that will be accepted to the US for legal immigration, has repeatedly had veterans of our armed forces that were here legally deported, and has repeatedly insulted all immigrants as a whole (unless their white and Christian then it’s all good) all the while employing illegal immigrants at his own properties.
By tyndal23
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 20th, 2020, 11:02 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:01 pm There's one thing I hope Trump gets across to voters before November. That he's in favor of legal immigration, but not illegal. Black Lives Matter to Trump, but not to the Chamber Of Commerce. One of Trump's biggest accomplishments was nearly stopping the flow of cheap, underpaid illegal immigrants. He stood up to the powerful Chamber Of Commerce for the good of minority citizens. Unemployment was at an all time low and wages were starting to climb before China blindsided us with the plague. Wages need to climb slowly to avoid over inflation, but thanks to his policies they were headed in the right direction. I don't know if I am more disappointed in Trump's inability to message to minorities or them being so fooled by a party that doesn't have their best interest, to see what he's doing.
Yep so in favor of legal immigration he has repeatedly tried to eliminate DACA, repeatedly made it drastically more difficult to legally immigrate to the USA, repeatedly cut the number of people that will be accepted to the US for legal immigration, has repeatedly had veterans of our armed forces that were here legally deported, and has repeatedly insulted all immigrants as a whole (unless their white and Christian then it’s all good) all the while employing illegal immigrants at his own properties.
Apparently Lynchburg Wildcat is an illegal - explains a lot of his/her posts...Ballcoach get on your bike and go make a citizens arrest and put a stop to this liberalization of our board.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]