This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
and that jabroni who predicted 2million deaths and got the whole ball rolling is now like oopsadaisy. more like 80k. thanks guy.
By LUDad
thepostman wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:53 pm We have a whole thread dedicated to the virus guys. Actually 2. Let's not turn this one into another one.
Can you transfer my post over there? I had looked for a virus thread before posting but didn 't find one. Did not occur to me that it would be under Lynchburg Life.
By Class of 20Something
LUDad wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:57 pm
thepostman wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:53 pm We have a whole thread dedicated to the virus guys. Actually 2. Let's not turn this one into another one.
Can you transfer my post over there? I had looked for a virus thread before posting but didn 't find one. Did not occur to me that it would be under Lynchburg Life.
This link is life. Book mark it.

search.php?search_id=unreadposts
thepostman liked this
By LUDad
Kinda wish that fox news would back off for now showing how senile Biden is becoming. Last thing we need now is to give dems an excuse to pull him from the ballet.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: March 30th, 2020, 11:00 pm Kinda wish that fox news would back off for now showing how senile Biden is becoming. Last thing we need now is to give dems an excuse to pull him from the ballet.
I don’t care where you fall on the political spectrum, Biden in a tutu is appointment television.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: March 30th, 2020, 11:00 pm Kinda wish that fox news would back off for now showing how senile Biden is becoming. Last thing we need now is to give dems an excuse to pull him from the ballet.
:nod
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the idea the cuomo would step in and be a viable candidate is unrealistic. they don't really have anyone. and DNC favorability is like at an all time low. pulling a stunt like this in the face of bernie would be a death nail.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
The near bankrupt DNC can't even orchestrate a primary in the midwest let alone some vast global conspiracy to replace the sitting president with a near invalid.

There is a possible reality that this virus is completely exacerbated by politicians and deep pocket moguls. but it doesn't make the thing any less real. Times like these are when the rich get richer. and not from gvt handouts. the injection of cash into the markets by those with the means to do it is when they will be able to see 30-40% growth on their investments. for example the guy that injects 100 million (that he amazingly pulled out before the crash) in the market and rides the recovery will pocket 30 million dollars. meanwhile the have nots are encouraged by the gvt to pull money out of their 401k's to pay bills.

the rich love recession and have been waiting for it for some time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok. I’m going to just throw this out there. I have no sources. I have nothing to back this up and admit it would be a long shot, but not as much as it would have been 60 days ago.

Joe Biden will not be the Democrat nominee for President. He has basically disappeared during this crisis. When he has emerged he’s looked anything but strong effective or reassuring. People who are looking for a Trump alternative are not finding it in Biden. With the Democrats convention most likely being virtual and the excuse to be able to use a lot of Emergency and extraordinary procedures they could easily Nominate someone else. If they were really ruthless they would stage a public event with him, waving to First Responders, Soup Kitchen etc. and then report that he suddenly came down with COVID symptoms and will be unable to continue as a candidate for the nomination

That’s my conspiracy theory. I’m sticking with it. :D
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
They may not be behind it, but they’ll leverage it as best they can to their advantage.

So will President Trump and Republicans.

That’s politics. So what?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. Agreed. It'll be interesting to see how both parties approach this thing. Obviously it is already being used to promote political gain.

I'm still waiting for ballcoach to explain why and how the DNC spread the virus worldwide but it looks like that isn't going to happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 6:54 am They may not be behind it, but they’ll leverage it as best they can to their advantage.

So will President Trump and Republicans.

That’s politics. So what?
Both sides will absolutely leverage it. No doubt
But ballcoach accuses the DNC of creating and launching the virus and killing 10’s of thousands across the globe in an effort to defeat Trump in 2020. He has not provided proof of their role in mass murder but you would think as a person who was nominally a police officer wouldn’t through accusations around, especially murder, without proof
thepostman, adam42381 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I didn't expect Bernie to step down this early so the question now is will he fully support Biden? His support of Hillary never seemed genuine to me and it may have hurt her in the long run. Who knows though.

Biden vs Trump debates will be interesting to say the least.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 8th, 2020, 12:47 pm I didn't expect Bernie to step down this early so the question now is will he fully support Biden? His support of Hillary never seemed genuine to me and it may have hurt her in the long run. Who knows though.

Biden vs Trump debates will be interesting to say the least.
I wonder how much it cost to buy him off this time
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
speaking with the many bernie supporters i know his flame burned out. for being a revolutionary he voted for the largest corporate power grab in history. and did nothing to actually help his base by calling for rent strikes, utility strikes. all these his supporters would have done. He came to heal at hillary's side like a dog and will now do that same thing with biden. A complete weakling incapable of defeating anyone.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]