This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Would you support selling alcohol at Liberty sporting events?

Yes
14%
No
86%
By CCWMichael
RubberMallet wrote: March 11th, 2020, 1:00 pm my vote is no and here is why. We regularly used to attend UofIL, UofIa, and a few other universities around the midwest. these environments used to be great to take the kids to, great to be around. when they started selling alcohol it has changed the atmosphere for us. Drunken idiots overwhere, kids getting beer spilled on them. its pretty much ridiculous. our attendance has declined dramatically.

I don't care about drinking a whole lot. I like the taste of beer but historically have been able to somehow not drink it 360 days out of the year without feeling like i'm missing out on anything (my wifes family has a deep history of alcoholism and 2 of her cousins have died due to drunk driving).

For me its about the experience of going to these games. alcohol changes everything because most people are cretins.
You sir nailed my sentiments.
I drink 2 shots of neat bourbon daily and have since about 1985. I have nothing against the consumption of well refined provisions. However, not everyone is responsible with the good stuff. Campus events we attend at other universities can be a mess, a huge mess, when alcohol is involved. A big reason we attend games at Liberty is the lack of puking, table jumping, belligerent, red cup drinking, naked, and passed out students. Heck, a university close to me had to call in a state police helicopter for a rowdy tailgate and quite frankly that tailgate was mild compared to some. Offsite games I am good with it. On campus, let's maintain the current vibe.
Just John liked this
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: March 11th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Ewglenn wrote: March 11th, 2020, 6:52 pm So I have another question. How would y’all feel if they lifted the “ban” on tailgate drinking? So it’s allowed outside the stadium but not inside. I’m really fine either way but I figured it would make for a good conversation.
They should treat it like a UFO sighting. They might think they see something but they don’t want to look hard to see if they really see something.
I think that's kinda the position more or less at the home games. My group tailgates and are very very discreet with it. Of course, we are quite moderate and responsible in our consumption. Even if someone has just one...we have someone who has not partaken drive after the game. The Cure Bowl had alcohol sales and I didn't see anyone out of hand or really over consuming. With that said, I would not want to see it sold at the LU games. It just increases liability for the school and would just look bad for a Christian University to be in the alcohol business...IMO. As for tailgating....I would be fine with it as long as it was not sold on campus and folks were responsible, civil, and of-age with their consumption.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
1 Corinthians 10:23

“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

That pretty much sums up my own opinion of the subject.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]